Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeJ77 View Post
    Dial H for Superhero would be seen as a Ben 10 ripoff.
    I guess I could see the similarity but I think the concepts are different enough for it to be fine. Plus, the Dial H for Hero as a concept has been around since the late 60's.

Plus, if they played with the animation style like the most recent series did with the art when they transformed, I think it'd be suitably unique and different.

Not like derivative ideas haven't made it to people's screens regardless anyway.

1. Wonder Woman

The fact she hasn’t had an animated show at this point is ridiculous! She more than deserves one and shows like She-Ra, Powerpuff Girls, Kim Possible and Legend of Korra have more than proved females can sell action shows!

2. Aquaman

Another character that deserves one, especially since he holds the most successful DC film to date and has skyrocketed in popularity! He has the methoz to support one as well!

3. The Shazam Family

This is a no brainer! A show focusing on Billy and his foster family with their new found powers just sells itself! He has the history and mythos to support one!

4. The Flash

Another character that has more than proven himself as a big seller! He’s extremely popular and deserves his own series, especially with the deep roster of villains he has.

5. Green Lanterns

A show focusing on all the Earth Green Lanterns from Hal and John to Jessica and Jo and everyone in between! I think this would be a huge recipe for success

6. Hawkworld

A show inspired by the Hawkworld comic and detailing Thanagar and all the wars plus eventually leading to the Hawks coming to Earth would be fun! Stars Shayera and Katar Hol!

7. Robins

Honestly I was inspired by the comic and influenced by the TMNT. A show starring Nightwing (Leonardo), Red Hood (Raphael), Red Robin (Donatello) and Robin (Michelangelo) would just be a HUGE recipe for success.

8. Blue Beetle

I feel like Jaime has the cast and mythos to support an animated series and it would be a huge opportunity for DC to continue building him up and build off the DCEU film!

9. Black Lightning & The Outsiders

A show led by Black Lightning as he founds and leads a team of vigilantes/metas looking to make a difference in the world (Katana, Geo Force, Black Condor, Halo, Metamorpho, Dr Light)

10. Zatanna

A show to capitalize on her DCEU film, focuses on her exploring the magical and supernatural side of the DCU!

In an ideal world, all are set in the same universe as the Batman and Superman shows... a new and more expansive DCAU! All would air on Saturday mornings on CN (7am to 1pm) and after be available on HBO Max.
    Last edited by Samm; 05-23-2021 at 07:48 AM.

Ultraman. What could be a reverse Superman cartoon.

Supersons is obviously the correct answer but hear me out: We Are Robin. 4 season exploring and celebrating the legacy of Robin. season 1: Dick Grayson and Jason Todd, season 2: Tim Drake & Stephanie Brown, season 3: Damian & Duke and the Robin gang, season 4: Robin War (all of them come together).

also

The Terrifics 1000% deserve an animated series

and Sideways would be perfect for an OG Teen Titans/Static Shock style Saturday morning cartoon.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Wonder Woman is the top choice. This should have happened 20 years ago during the DCAU era, it's time to rectify this.

Mister Terrific/The Terrifics seems like a pretty solid and obvious choice.

Vixen keeps getting brought up in these sorts of threads, I imagine for damn good reason.

Blue Beetle seems like a cool and easy pick to do a series. And he's already got a movie in the works too.

Green Arrow just seems like it could be a cool dumb fun action series.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

A few spring to mind for me.

The Flash is a no-brainer. Why it hasn't happened, I don't know. Throw in the entire Flash Family, Jay, Barry, Wally, Max, Bart etc. A Rogues Gallery that holds it's own across ALL comicdom. Pathos, tragedy, humour. It'd be a great series if given a shot.

Green Lantern Corps The computer generated series showed it could work. Focus not just on Hal either. John, Guy, Kyle - SO much potential!!

Aquaman God, this could be EPIC!!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Since most people don't really want Bruce's Batman to be a teen and prefer him as a capable adult already in his adaptations.
    Count me as one of the few, rare individuals who would love a teen Batman series. I don't understand we we don't have more of that in the various Elseworlds and out of continuity books and things. It seems like such a simple and highly marketable idea!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    8. Blue Beetle

I feel like Jaime has the cast and mythos to support an animated series and it would be a huge opportunity for DC to continue building him up and build off the DCEU film!
    Biggest problem I see with him is that (from my understanding) the central part of his story was used as basis for Young Justice season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Count me as one of the few, rare individuals who would love a teen Batman series. I don't understand we we don't have more of that in the various Elseworlds and out of continuity books and things. It seems like such a simple and highly marketable idea!
    I guess because Batman was designed as an adult from the start, and doesn't really work as a teen character I think. Since most don't wants to see Bruce going to school and stuff or be shown to be kind of incompetent, making obvious mistakes, or lacking in his normal expected level of ability, which you would expect of a teen. They just want him to be Batman fighting his iconic villains over and over, which doesn't really happen until he is an adult, and when he is shown to be really green segments of his fans get upset with that. That was a big issue people had with Johns' Earth One series, or that Beware the Batman cartoon that had a somewhat young Bruce too.

I suppose you can just pull an Ultimate Spider-man and just move all his lore and villains up to where Bruce is a teen running around in his cape and cowl, but I don't know if that would work as well. It's Batman so it wouldn't bomb I would think, but I think Robin works better in that teen role because you get a Batman who is already established and Gotham is already set up with a lot more lore. So you have more room to work with. Then you can surround Robin with other teen characters in a Batgirl, Huntress, the other Titans, or maybe a Luke Fox without really changing much from typical teenage hero series. Where you have that teen hero with older mentors in a world that has a lot of established lore already built in it.

Batman Beyond had a teen Batman I guess, but he did kind of operate as a mix between Batman and a Robin with Bruce guiding him so much. I guess a teen Batman series would be a bit like that just without the guidance of an older Bruce character guiding Terry through all the ups and downs of being a hero.
    Last edited by Badou; 05-24-2021 at 03:14 AM.

Incredible Member

Team oriented action: Green Lantern Corps (John Stewart led but team focused)

Culturally relevant solo character focus: Cyborg (the tech! The internet! The arm cannon lol)

Comedy that's primarily aimed at a younger demographic: Animal Man , Plastic Man and, while I'd hate to see him relegated to a comedy, Booster Gold.

Honorable mention: The Terrifics. That team might truly skyrocket in popularity as an animated series. It has all of the required ingredients.
    Last edited by Customizer; 05-24-2021 at 04:11 AM.
    Don't complain. Create.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

It really IS the Terrifics. . .

Its the best property to come out of Dc in a long while and I'd like to see more of them. Maybe don't make it just for kids though. More young justice, or invincible, and less baby teen Titans.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Wonder Woman
    The Flash
    Shazam
    JLI
    Nightwing
    Plastic Man

Ones I would love but probably not going to happen:
    JSA
    The Metal Men

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    Cyborg.
    Or Raven. As a spin-off of a Justice League show.

I like the concept of DEMON KNIGHTS - it doesn't have to follow the comic that came out, but it's basically Arthurian adventures set in the past of the DCU. Etrigan is a must, but there are a lot of DC characters that could fit on the team or just make an appearance like:
    - Enchantress (not June Moon, someone from that time)
    - Shining Knight
    - Madam Xanadu
    - Vandal Savage
    - Claw (we had one in modern times, so I'm imagining that demon hand has been passed down to many people over the years in some magical way)
    - Dr Fate
    - The Endless
    - An incarnation of Hawkman/Hawkwoman (have they ever shown who Katar and Shayera were during that time?)
    - The Green Lantern of 2814 popping up would be fun for one ep.(or the Starheart, which would be more appropriate)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-24-2021 at 07:27 AM.

Wonder Woman

Aquaman

Shadowpact

Checkmate