Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    - Dr Fate
    Hm. That would have some serious potential as a stand alone animated series as well. Not super broad ranging appeal potential but I'd watch it.
    Don't complain. Create.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Count me as one of the few, rare individuals who would love a teen Batman series. I don't understand we we don't have more of that in the various Elseworlds and out of continuity books and things. It seems like such a simple and highly marketable idea!
    It really does feel surprising to think how underutilized a teenage take of Bruce-as-an-already-active-Batman is. There's Terry, a teenage Batman, but the dynamic was different since Terry was a new, original character and Bruce was positioned as a mentor.

There are a couple of recent forays though. There's Gotham High, for one, though in this case, it's really more about exploring a young teen Bruce through high school aesthetics and "pre-Batman days", as Bruce isn't Batman yet. The other is Batman: Overdrive. This is probably the only example of a take of teenage Bruce where he actually becomes an active Batman as a teen.

There's other examples, like Batman: Nightwalker. But again (and correct me if I'm wrong, since I've neither read the prose book nor the GN yet), it's about exploring Bruce as a teenager, with the predication that he still won't actually become an active Batman until later in his 20s.

Even with Batman: Overdrive, it's still surprising that it took this long to see, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Biggest problem I see with him is that (from my understanding) the central part of his story was used as basis for Young Justice season 2.
    Young Justice: Invasion is quite a few years old by this point; in fact, it'll be a whole decade in less than a year. Plus, that show doesn't have a monopoly on how any of Jaime's stories could be told, especially since it only told one of Jaime's stories in one particular way. And most pertinent, a show with Jaime as the undisputed lead, even if it were also juggling a healthy supporting cast of fellow heroes like Invasion did, would just hit differently for being Jaime's show from his perspective as the, again, undisputed lead.

Besides, I feel the premise your post is rather off-base, as Batman: The Brave and the Bold telling their version of one of Jaime's story (The Reach) didn't stop Young Justice: Invasion from telling their own version of the same story that they did. Historically, it's never stopped different adaptations of other media from telling stories from the same source in their own ways before, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    Hm. That would have some serious potential as a stand alone animated series as well. Not super broad ranging appeal potential but I'd watch it.
    I'd definitely watch a Khalid Nassour Dr. Fate animated series!
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 05-24-2021 at 09:33 AM.

Astonishing Member

I can't say I care much for a teen Batman...or a teen Bruce Wayne at any rate. Batman Beyond was absolutely the right approach to having a teen Batman and I think its paid off pretty well in the long run!

A Superboy cartoon with Clark Kent makes a lot more sense if you want a teen hero. Though that'd be in Smallville mostly, unless you get to the part where he moves to Metropolis in his later teens.

I suppose you could have a Wally West Flash cartoon with a teen hero...Wally was anyway around 20 or so when he became Flash canonically, so you just need to de-age him a bit.

Or how about a Robin cartoon? That would absolutely work as a teen hero series, and you'd have Batman as a prominent guest star as well.

Astonishing Member

I can't say I care much for a teen Batman...or a teen Bruce Wayne at any rate. Batman Beyond was absolutely the right approach to having a teen Batman and I think its paid off pretty well in the long run!

A Superboy cartoon with Clark Kent makes a lot more sense if you want a teen hero. Though that'd be in Smallville mostly, unless you get to the part where he moves to Metropolis in his later teens.

I suppose you could have a Wally West Flash cartoon with a teen hero...Wally was anyway around 20 or so when he became Flash canonically, so you just need to de-age him a bit.

Or how about a Robin cartoon? That would absolutely work as a teen hero series, and you'd have Batman as a prominent guest star as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    As has been said, many times, Wonder Woman is overdue (and then some) for her own animated series. Something in the style of Legend of Korra would be right up he alley.

Super Sons was tailor made to be animated, and its a real head scratcher that the suits at WB haven't done anything with it.

Shazam is a great one too, exploring the wonder of a group of foster siblings suddenly gaining super powers.

Flash... I know a lot of people want one of them to get one, but having a series that's getting close to being a decade old on television right now, I'd at least wait until that's over with.

The Robins: a series featuring the various former and current Robins, how they interact with one another, their differences, etc. And, I guess, Batman would be a featured character.

Booster Gold and Blue Beetle. Multiverse shenanigans.
    For Wonder Woman, I really want to see the Greek pantheon xd, also the Wonder Girls gang.

I hope they could continue that Green Lantern Animated Series. Granted I'm not yet watching it, just seeing the clips at YouTube xd

Legion of Superheroes. I liked the last one and they could use another. Legion of Substitute heroes would've been perfect for the TTG demographic.

JSA/Infinity Inc as period pieces in the 1940s and 1960-1970s. I'm ok with Earth 2 being an alternate setting if period pieces are unpopular.

Justice League Dark/Shadowpact.

The Wild Storm by Warren Ellis and Jon Davis Hunt.

Gail Simone's Welcome To Tranquility miniseries or her run on Gen 13.

The Question and the Huntress-make it a dark romantic comedy- "Sherlock Holmes meets Mr and Mrs Smith".

Doom Patrol.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-25-2021 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    There's other examples, like Batman: Nightwalker. But again (and correct me if I'm wrong, since I've neither read the prose book nor the GN yet), it's about exploring Bruce as a teenager, with the predication that he still won't actually become an active Batman until later in his 20s.
    Can confirm this is the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post

Yeah, I think having a teen Bruce as Batman kind of defeats the point of Terry's situation, or what Bruce is supposed to go through to the point where he becomes Batman.

I mean, unless you're really into teen heroes I don't think there's a particular need for teen versions of adult heroes (other than, I guess, to appeal to kids more? Even though they still watch cartoons with the adult versions) especially when they generally have teen equivalents in their stories anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Vixen!
    Actually an Animal Boy show could be great.

I also would love to see the Terrifics get an animated series!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Blue Beetle (Jaime) could be as popular as Ben 10.

Wonder Woman

Booster Gold & Blue Beetle

Shazam Family

Plastic Man

And if they want something Adult Swimmish: Checkmate.

Wonder Woman and Flash feel like the obvious answers and frankly it's depressing neither has had one yet (Wonder Woman came close once in the 80s, I want to say, but it never happened). Both have such fantastic worlds and casts of characters to draw upon from all their incarnations. I'd probably do a WW who was around in WWII and continues to modern day and have Wally be the Flash, not long after Barry's death and having to live up to the mantle while all Barry's foes feel like this is their time.

A few others:

Booster Gold
    - So much fun could be had with him jumping all across the time stream. One week we have him meeting up with Antrho, one week we pair him with Jonah Hex, the next week he's being chased by the Legion. And beyond regional villainy, DC has so many time-based villains and immortals that could be recurring foes.

Green Arrow
    - I'd love to see a slightly smarmier, less grim version of the Timm/Dini Batman in a Green Arrow series (definitely this take more than an animated ARROW show). His family of characters rivals Batman's and while his rogues gallery is nowhere near up to the same levels, it also presents a great opportunity to either invent new characters or reinterpret old foes into something truly great. The potential for multiple Mr. Freeze-like reinventions is there.

The Terrifics - I never would've thought of this myself, but genuine kudos to whoever came up with the idea. This is so ready-made for a big fun adventure series, sculpting elements of Fantastic Four, Jonny Quest, and The Secret Saturdays together, it's not even funny.

Ryan Choi the Atom-

He becomes the Atom with Ray Palmer's blessing. He probably had to search for Ray in the multiverse or something. He also teams up with Vibe and Killer Frost along the way. Their setup is more an ensemble and they play off each other in terms of powers and personality. It reminded me of Naruto's team structure with Ray fulfilling the Kakashi mentor role. Cisco and Caitlin are a reference to Flash CW. They could be changed later on.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Why would she be in Ghana?
    Maybe she’s displaced there.

Shazam- This whole concept is a breeding ground for animated goodness, it also works with various styles (anime, wacky Stephen Universe, 3D, 2D)
    Blue Beetle- See above
    JLI/Formerly Known as the Justice League- Harley Quinn/Venture Bros style, basically an action comedy with a hint of satire.
    Wonder Woman- This has been posted a million times but it makes 0 sense that she doesn't have one yet.
    Arkham Asylum- A series of shorts in different animation styles based on the various wackos housed at Arkham.
    Supergirls- Series based around Kara, Cir-el, Natasha, and Traci 13 having adventures around metropolis. Think Powerpuff Girls, Winx Club and Totally Spies.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8