Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Zack Snyder and the Snyderverse

Does anyone else get either annoyed or bothered by the constant scream by fans for RestoretheSnyderverse movement and the return of zack snyders vision. Especially considering how bad his handling of the characters were and were going to be. The constant overglorified praise zack and the snydercut keeps getting and how everyone says his vision works perfectly and how his future film plans for the franchise would have created a masterpiece rivaling the mcu. Should we be concerned with the evergrowing outcry from the fans declaring for its restoration. Between that and its supposed big numbers both in the states and in china, whats the chance this merger between Discovery and Warner Bros will end up leading to zack snyders return and a restoration of his vision which will leave us superman fans with one of the most distasteful portrayals of superman to date (no offense to henry cavil, he really needed a better director and script writer to actually be a great superman) Especially if his future plans remain intact.

Or you do'nt like his take but it was actually far better than any other super-hero flick because things mattered, and heroes didn't kill thousands of grunts each movies without having consequences until the other company put out a movie about such events affecting the world realistically ?

I mean, you don't like it, but people like you are just as bad as the one calling for a return of the Snyderverse.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dralokonda View Post
    Does anyone else get either annoyed or bothered by the constant scream by fans for RestoretheSnyderverse movement and the return of zack snyders vision. Especially considering how bad his handling of the characters were and were going to be. The constant overglorified praise zack and the snydercut keeps getting and how everyone says his vision works perfectly and how his future film plans for the franchise would have created a masterpiece rivaling the mcu. Should we be concerned with the evergrowing outcry from the fans declaring for its restoration. Between that and its supposed big numbers both in the states and in china, whats the chance this merger between Discovery and Warner Bros will end up leading to zack snyders return and a restoration of his vision which will leave us superman fans with one of the most distasteful portrayals of superman to date (no offense to henry cavil, he really needed a better director and script writer to actually be a great superman) Especially if his future plans remain intact.
    I don't know if WB really will listen to those fans enough to restore the whole Snyderverse, which is a much bigger step than simply making the Snyder Cut. I'd prefer if the Snyderverse ended forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Or you do'nt like his take but it was actually far better than any other super-hero flick because things mattered, and heroes didn't kill thousands of grunts each movies without having consequences until the other company put out a movie about such events affecting the world realistically ?

I mean, you don't like it, but people like you are just as bad as the one calling for a return of the Snyderverse.
    It wasn't at all better than most superhero movies. There was barely any emotion in it, the villains were still mostly lame and the team never really coalesced. Snyder didn't handle Superman well at all. I'm not even sure what you mean about "the other company"

Well, that's like... your opinion. I found Snyder's movie to be leagues better than anything Marvel had produced at that time. Leagues.

And if you didn't felt any emotions in his movies, well I'm mostly sorry for you.

I don’t like where Snyder was going with the films but ultimately the problem isn’t him or what he creates, it’s the toxic chunk of his fan-base who spam other movie reviews with release the Snyderverse and the like.

People can like his art and call it a masterpiece all they want, there’s plenty of movies I like that I’m sure most people would despise, it’s just a problem when you bring it into other peoples movies.

And there is a decent size of his fan base that’s like that but it’s really not big enough to be concerning, just annoying.

Ultimate Member

Well, that's like... your opinion. I found Snyder's movie to be leagues better than anything Marvel had produced at that time. Leagues.

And if you didn't felt any emotions in his movies, well I'm mostly sorry for you.
    Leagues? Superman is barely a character in these movies. There's almost no genuine heartfelt moments, aside from Cyborg, the only one done right in the Snyder Cut. Batman and Wonder Woman had almost no storylines, and Steppenwolf was barely an upgrade from the Whedon cut. And why does Snyder have no color?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I don’t like where Snyder was going with the films but ultimately the problem isn’t him or what he creates, it’s the toxic chunk of his fan-base who spam other movie reviews with release the Snyderverse and the like.

People can like his art and call it a masterpiece all they want, there’s plenty of movies I like that I’m sure most people would despise, it’s just a problem when you bring it into other peoples movies.

And there is a decent size of his fan base that’s like that but it’s really not big enough to be concerning, just annoying.
    Yeah, Idk how many of Snyder's fans are actually that crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Dralokonda View Post
    It can be annoying at times - but I understand why they're doing some of what they're doing. They think they have a shot. Heck, wanting things to be better is why I spent so much time being so critical of the films, so this is just their turn on that particular hamster wheel.

However, this very likely won't end well for them. I honestly wouldn't mind if he got to do something small on HBO Max or something to keep his thing going somewhere out of the main public sphere (as far as "this is the main version of Superman" goes), but none of it is likely to happen. WB, as much of a s**tshow as they are (not to mention the huge amount of blame for the problems of the Snyderverse that rest on their shoulders), have been pretty clear on that.

Plus, if it did happen, WB would have - barring a pretty major shift in ideas - one successful movie from the hype, and the 2nd one would very likely do "Justice League theatrical" numbers and then they'd remember why it was all scrapped in the first place.

In short: it's not happening. Finishing a move that was 80% in the can is one thing, entirely new movies is very much another.
    Last edited by JAK; 05-22-2021 at 09:41 AM.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Fantastic Member

To be honest i'm sick of comic book writers like Zack Snyder making the comic book world so dark!! Destroying good, honest people!! Who are only trying to help people. Everybody have to be a murders or turned evil. God help us if someone has values, who has a code. NO!! There is something wrong if you do!! You have to be a drunk, take drugs, a man whore. If your a female hero you have to be the same way jumping from bed to bed, not being honest!! Only thing that matter in the Snyderverse is a hero has to be dark. They can't be trusted, their just a bunch of murders trying to destroy the world or take over the world.
    Last edited by lotchj; 05-22-2021 at 09:58 AM.

It's amusing. I go to fairly niche sites, so wasn't until I started coming hear was I really aware of #ReleaseTheSnyderCut was such a popular, unironic, thing. Mostly because those sites I went to didn't like the Snyder films.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    To be honest i'm sick of comic book writers like Zack Snyder making the comic book world so dark!! Destroying good, honest people!! Who are only trying to help people. Everybody have to be a murders or turned evil. God help us if someone has values, who has a code. NO!! There is something wrong if you do!! You have to be a drunk, take drugs, a man whore. If your a female hero you have to be the same way jumping from bed to bed, not being honest!! Only thing that matter in the Snyderverse is a hero has to be dark. They can't be trusted, their just a bunch of murders trying to destroy the world or take over the world.
    I wouldn't even mind dark & gritty if the subject material actually warranted it. A superhero movie about a heavy subject like drug dealers or civil conflicts might warrant a gritter approach. But Snyderverse just took basic concepts and made them dark for no reason I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It's amusing. I go to fairly niche sites, so wasn't until I started coming hear was I really aware of #ReleaseTheSnyderCut was such a popular, unironic, thing. Mostly because those sites I went to didn't like the Snyder films.
    To be fair though, its mostly on youtube where i see the fans constantly screaming for releasethesnydercut

Yes it’s annoying but luckily there’s pretty much no chance of Snyder’s return. Between Snyder openly talking about how much he hated working under them, WB putting out new announcements about the Coates reboot on Cavill’s birthday (not exactly a sign of them still considering him important), and Netflix likely offering Snyder an exclusive deal it seems increasingly like the SC was it, which is what WB has repeatedly stated. If Flash is indeed killing off Batffleck than that will be the end of it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I wouldn't even mind dark & gritty if the subject material actually warranted it. A superhero movie about a heavy subject like drug dealers or civil conflicts might warrant a gritter approach. But Snyderverse just took basic concepts and made them dark for no reason I can think of.
    The coming of a god-like being on Earth won't go unnoticed. Of course it'll warrant some deep soul-searching. Who did you want ? A rehasing of the first Superman movie, so it'd tank hard because it's so dated it's outdated nowadays ?

Ultimate Member

The coming of a god-like being on Earth won't go unnoticed. Of course it'll warrant some deep soul-searching. Who did you want ? A rehasing of the first Superman movie, so it'd tank hard because it's so dated it's outdated nowadays ?
    No. But there's a difference between soul-searching and being devoid of any happiness. I like introspection but I don't think superman or most of the Snyder heroes really have much introspection