Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Please switch out Illyana's current costume for her Gala outfit. A black full body-suit just makes so much more sense for her than a belly shirt and short shorts.
    Big disagree.

What’s with the salad bar sneeze guard Cyclops is wearing?

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Man this is what happens when artists just can't grasp the details. Compare that to...

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    SO far Dauterman has done costume variant for Jean, Rogue, Psylocke and now Storm. I'm guessing the next one is Emma or Kitty. Maybe Polaris (but I don't think she has enough costumes to fill an entire cover)
    Lorna has more then enough, but at times you have to search for them. Dauterman has done some great work with the history covers to date so hopefully Lorna will end up with one in time.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    If the goal is simply filling a cover with every costume a character's ever worn, Lorna's got enough for an entire cover. uncannyxmen.net lists 15 costumes and it's not even a full accounting. Doesn't include House of M, doesn't include her ORIGINAL original with the gold, doesn't include things like Exiles or Mutant X (if AUs count), etc.
    Regular universe Lorna has a number of other costumes not listed at your link including two Acolyte outfits. She also has her iconic wedding wear. LOL.

AU's seem to count for these covers if they are popular reality shifts like AoA and HoM.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-24-2021 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Man this is what happens when artists just can't grasp the details. Compare that to...
    Yeah as much as i love sara pichelli’s work this was somewhat of a miss for me, something about it isnt clicking with me tbh

Edit. Nvm i think its the huge neck for the dress and the huge earring throwing me off other than that its pretty decently drawn.
    Last edited by Diammandis; 05-24-2021 at 01:53 PM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Half-@$$ed COVID mask?

Anyway, I much prefer Jean’s primary couture garb at her very first Hellfire Gala. That gal made quite an impression at the ball, swept Cyclops right off his feet.

Actually, it would be pretty funny if she wore that for the Gala, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Yeah as much as i love sara pichelli’s work this was somewhat of a miss for me, something about it isnt clicking with me tbh

Edit. Nvm i think its the huge neck for the dress and the huge earring throwing me off other than that its pretty decently drawn.
    Is that Sara Pichelli’s work? I'm also a fan and am happy that she's contributing to X-Men #21. This one panel of Emma though is not great. Pichelli tends to draw very emotive facial expressions and I feel the whole point of Emma is her steely composure. For the gala, Dauterman coupled this with a very minimalist design for this third look, which Pichelli has for some reason added dangly earrings, messed up the hair, and changed the neckline style. It kills the whole vibe. It's just one panel though, but brought it up because in the Marauders preview Matteo Lolli and the colorist also didn't do Emma (nor RD's designs) justice.
    Last edited by superjosh; 05-24-2021 at 02:29 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

For some reason Sara Pichelli's art always looks...messy and unfinished.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-24-2021 at 05:33 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Well,he won't be able to see out of it when it fogs up,so X-men foes won't have anything to worry about from him...

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Well,he won't be able to see out of it when it fogs up,so X-men foes won't have anything to worry about from him...
    I'm sure Forge or Dr. Nemesis has invented an improved version of Rain-X by now, especially since the branding looks like a natural fit. . The bigger question is why haven't any of the resident tech heads come up with a VR projection on the inside of the visor to correct Scott's color blindness?
    Dark does not mean deep.