Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Exactly this. By that I mean that this feels like a mis-step in handing a character concept I like quite a lot. But then, departure tho it was, GotG turned out well enough, so we'll see.
    OTOH, the first Guardians trailer looked like

Interestingly, looking at this teaser, you could easily jump to the conclusion that the colors were muted.

You could not jump to the conclusion that it is meh.
    Last edited by green_garnish; 05-25-2021 at 03:20 PM.

I'm not really feeling these new MCU movies.

It's not a very exciting trailer but some of the shots are stunning and I'm interested in seeing more. I'm sure Trailer 1 will show more action.

I really hope that boy isn't Namor like some people seem to be pushing. The theory seemed plausible before we saw the context in which that kid shows up. I don't want to see Namor be 10,000 years old. Long lived sure if they want but like maybe 150years not anicent. I like the costumes and attention to detail. Mikkari's little treasure room was cool. Also with them showing Medieval times would be cool to see The Origin of the ebony blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    It's not a very exciting trailer but some of the shots are stunning and I'm interested in seeing more. I'm sure Trailer 1 will show more action.

I really hope that boy isn't Namor like some people seem to be pushing. The theory seemed plausible before we saw the context in which that kid shows up. I don't want to see Namor be 10,000 years old. Long lived sure if they want but like maybe 150years not anicent. I like the costumes and attention to detail. Mikkari's little treasure room was cool. Also with them showing Medieval times would be cool to see The Origin of the ebony blade.
    I don't think it's namor plus aren't the full movie rights owned by someone else along with manthing hulk and Spiderman?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I don't think it's namor plus aren't the full movie rights owned by someone else along with manthing hulk and Spiderman?
    Supposedly it's the same as Hulk. They can use him they just catn make a Namor solo film without letting Universal distribute it. Feige has mentioned Namor as a character they were interested in introducing sooner rather then later. I don't think he's an issues to use like this.

Who owns Manthing ? Didn't know about that one. Is it character rights like Spider-Man or Right of first refusal distribution like Hulk/Namor? Feel like it has to be the latter. Marvels characters seemed to have a clause where if you didn't put something in production for so long the rights reverted(I'm sure maybe they didn't all work like that though). While the distribution rights seem to be forever lol.

Supposedly it's the same as Hulk. They can use him they just catn make a Namor solo film without letting Universal distribute it. Feige has mentioned Namor as a character they were interested in introducing sooner rather then later. I don't think he's an issues to use like this.

Who owns Manthing ? Didn't know about that one. Is it character rights like Spider-Man or Right of first refusal distribution like Hulk/Namor? Feel like it has to be the latter. Marvels characters seemed to have a clause where if you didn't put something in production for so long the rights reverted(I'm sure maybe they didn't all work like that though). While the distribution rights seem to be forever lol.
    Lionsgate has the manthing rights last time I checked I don't remember everything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Lionsgate has the manthing rights last time I checked I don't remember everything about it.
    Yea Googled it and that's a weird situation. Every character Lionsgate bought reverted back to marvel because they didn't put anything into production. Except Manthing unless he did too but we don't know about it cause Marvel hasn't done anything but Name drop his wife. But who knows.
    Namor though i just Googled and It might not even be as bad as Hulk. Feige said Marvel Owns Namor but there are entanglements and former contract making things complicated. So most likely some producer attached to the original deal who has to be paid off. But sounds like Universal has no claim on Namor,not even distribution like Hulk. Anyway I don't think that kid is Namor anyway. I do strongly believe we may see him within the next couple years. Most likely Wakanda Forever. But who knows at this point.

Back to Eternals, wouldn't Thor have to know about them? Midgard is under Odins watch. So even if he didn't notice these being. Also Heimdall couldn't see them because they are hidden similar to what Loki or the Dark Elves did. They have to had fought some deviants in the past. Feel like Odin would have been aware of them. Not that it matters he never mentioned he had a daughter, why mention the eternals? Yea nevermind talked myself out of the whole idea. Thor probably don't know ****.

Ultimate Member

Yea Googled it and that's a weird situation. Every character Lionsgate bought reverted back to marvel because they didn't put anything into production. Except Manthing unless he did too but we don't know about it cause Marvel hasn't done anything but Name drop his wife. But who knows.
    Namor though i just Googled and It might not even be as bad as Hulk. Feige said Marvel Owns Namor but there are entanglements and former contract making things complicated. So most likely some producer attached to the original deal who has to be paid off. But sounds like Universal has no claim on Namor,not even distribution like Hulk. Anyway I don't think that kid is Namor anyway. I do strongly believe we may see him within the next couple years. Most likely Wakanda Forever. But who knows at this point.

Back to Eternals, wouldn't Thor have to know about them? Midgard is under Odins watch. So even if he didn't notice these being. Also Heimdall couldn't see them because they are hidden similar to what Loki or the Dark Elves did. They have to had fought some deviants in the past. Feel like Odin would have been aware of them. Not that it matters he never mentioned he had a daughter, why mention the eternals? Yea nevermind talked myself out of the whole idea. Thor probably don't know ****.
    Speaking thereof, it would've been nice if MCU did more with Thor's mythos

What a lifeless trailer. This movie lost me at "We have never interfered until now."
    Last edited by Valentis; 05-29-2021 at 02:43 AM.

Eternals drew an almighty 77 million global viewers in its first 24 hours since dropping Monday, per social analytics sources. That’s the biggest online trailer drop for a Disney-Marvel movie in the 14 months of the pandemic. It’s a great sign for a film that is scheduled to open in theaters November 5.
    For Context Wandavison got 53 million, Black widow got 70 million, Avengers Endgame got 289 million, Cruella got 71 million, The second Venom trailer for the first movie got 64 million.

I think it is fair to say the trailer did its job

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    For Context Wandavison got 53 million, Black widow got 70 million, Avengers Endgame got 289 million, Cruella got 71 million, The second Venom trailer for the first movie got 64 million.

I think it is fair to say the trailer did its job
    Given that usually the first trailer to a movie has the most views and the numbers fall with each subsequent trailer a comparison to the third BW trailer and Venom's second trailer isn't that meaningful though.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I’m hoping the colours will be adjusted for the film’s release - especially seeing as it’s had a fair bit of kick back online
    I think you are contradicting yourself, if you believe the color should be adjusted then you cannot also say the movie looks beautiful and is all Zhao.

I found this article, please read if you have the chance

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-b1853707.html
    The Eternals trailer suggests even Oscar winners can’t escape Marvel’s drab visual rut

I said the same thing but I did not write that, I mean it just obvious that even with Zhao hype right now, this movie still looks like the drab visual of marvel, its a reoccurring style on the films that started somewhere around Winter Solider and has expanded on that pattern till now and I really don't think it going to change.

Also, I dont think this movie can be adjusted, the movie finished production about a year ago and was delay due to COVID if I remember correctly, I could be wrong but I know all MCU stuff was delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    OTOH, the first Guardians trailer looked like

Interestingly, looking at this teaser, you could easily jump to the conclusion that the colors were muted.

You could not jump to the conclusion that it is meh.

GOTG stuck with muted Colors though as I said above the muted colors of marvel started with Winter Solider, Iron Man 1 did not have muted colors.

The final snap shot of the Eternals with all of them standing together has the same background color muted as GOTG.

You may be right to say GOTG had muted colors because it did but I think GOTG trailer made people curious , also GOTG was the first time MCU was really embracing their comedy formula, it's been 7 years, I think people know the drill now, maybe this is why the Avengers joke at the end of the Eternals trailers, does not seem to be working.
    Last edited by Castle; 05-29-2021 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Given that usually the first trailer to a movie has the most views and the numbers fall with each subsequent trailer a comparison to the third BW trailer and Venom's second trailer isn't that meaningful though.
    Except that Venom second trailer did better than the first one,

The second trailer for “Venom” was rare in that views went up significantly, with the volume increasing 72 percent over the first trailer in the first 24 hours of release
    Black Widow 3rd trailer did better than one before by 13 million.

Typically, the more trailers released of a movie, the fewer views each get. But it shows the anticipation of "Black Widow" finally coming out as this trailer had over 13 million more views in its first 24 hours than the second "Black Widow" trailer released back in March 2020.
    So yeah it is meaningful in terms of comparison to get a feel where the numbers stand. Those trailers' numbers for BW and Venom represent people being hyped about a trailer for whatever reason .
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 05-29-2021 at 06:10 AM.

Astonishing Member

The thing which always bothers me is why these sort of super folks wear such stupid clothes. Now at dinner it was regular duds but the posturing pseudo-medieval, Roman robes, chest plates - duh. Get an LL Bean catalog.

I'm just not excited by this one. "We don't get involved" - that's the theodicy problem for the MU and MCU. You have all kinds of powers around who don't show up because the cast has to solve the problem. No movie if the top guns come and kick butt. You would think Galactus would be annoyed that Thanos is going to wipe out half his supermarket and stomp him. That sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I think you are contradicting yourself, if you believe the color should be adjusted then you cannot also say the movie looks beautiful and is all Zhao.
    It's funny how someone who has admittedly never seen Nomadland wants to lecture people on how Eternals isn't the look Zhao wants but rather the look Feige commands her to go for.

As you haven't seen it maybe take a look at the "popping colors" and "vivid visuals" in Nomadland:

Guess Feige already had so much impact on Zhao by just signing her that he could even influence her non-MCU project to look like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I found this article, please read if you have the chance
    The Eternals trailer suggests even Oscar winners can’t escape Marvel’s drab visual rut[/U][/B]
    Posting opinion-based articles like that one is rather pointless. There are countless other opinion-pieces claiming the opposite like this one for example: https://www.empire***********/movies...hloe-zhao-mcu/ (don't know why the link doesn't work, one can find the article via typing "Marvel’s Eternals Trailer Brings Chloé Zhao’s Cosmic Vision To The MCU" in google)

"Right from the off, this looks like a Chloé Zhao film through and through, her lens capturing astonishing open landscapes bathed in natural light. (...) In short, this isn’t going to be your typical Marvel movie."

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Except that Venom second trailer did better than the first one,

Black Widow 3rd trailer did better than one before by 13 million.

So yeah it is meaningful in terms of comparison to get a feel where the numbers stand. Those trailers' numbers for BW and Venom represent people being hyped about a trailer for whatever reason .
    I didn't know about Venom's second trailer having more views. But as your source also says that's the exception and I'm pretty sure the first BW trailer had more views than the third. I still think it's reasonable to compare the first trailer of a movie to other first trailers.
    Last edited by chicago_bastard; 05-29-2021 at 10:38 AM.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.