Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    No, you are acting like we owe this movie something. It is the job of the marketing department to sell us on this movie with trailers and later on tv spots. It is not our problem if we don’t like it it is their problem.
    I thought what I typed was pretty clear Criticizing the trailer is fine, You can say it is a bad trailer even but there is a clear difference between being a not-good trailer and being not good trailer because the movie isn't good. If the trailer turns you off being excited about the movie I get it but this trailer does not do anything let people watching it know if it is a good movie or bad movie.

To me it is weird if you watch this trailer and go I don't want to see this movie "I have all the information I need to have on this movie".The takeaway for me it was not the best trailer maybe even bad trailer I would like more information on this movie. I am not saying you owe to marvel to be interested through a bad trailer I am just saying it is not a good opinion to go this is not going to be good or bad movie because of that trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Hmm. I'll have to watch that again. I could swear they were trying to access all the stones. In any case, were these Cosmic beings the Eternals or the Celestials?
    They are there own thing.

Hmm. I'll have to watch that again. I could swear they were trying to access all the stones. In any case, were these Cosmic beings the Eternals or the Celestials?
    IIRC they just showed some group who tried to use the stones to set up the idea that you can share the power between a group so you don't get killed instantly. They were just some randoms but them they showed a Celestial use the power stone to wipe out a planet as people ran in the same exposition dump. Couldn't tell you which celestial it was.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    IIRC they just showed some group who tried to use the stones to set up the idea that you can share the power between a group so you don't get killed instantly. They were just some randoms but them they showed a Celestial use the power stone to wipe out a planet as people ran in the same exposition dump. Couldn't tell you which celestial it was.
    A quick search suggests it was Eson the Searcher

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    What a lifeless trailer. This movie lost me at "We have never interfered until now."
    The interference line seems to be ticking people in the wrong way, and I can understand that. If they are interfering now, it would mean the danger threat must be far far bigger than Loki from Avengers 1 and Thanos and nothing in the trailer or even phase 4 has shown any threat level is suppose to be that big. So they (Eternals) now wanting to interfere is a passé.

it makes zero story telling sense. this film could have been better in a separate universe or an alternate universe where Avengers don't exist for now in that universe, maybe until Dr Strange does some magic multiverse stuff, but MCU can't help with but remind everyone everything is still connected so you get the joke of who will lead Avengers in the end, that does feel out of place.

Lastly about those still into costumes and the inhumans twin resemblance. this is the best shot I can get so far with all of them wearing costumes and posing and to be frank, this is just not necessary cloths to wear in a live action and it makes me dread how their x-men would look, because I am already looking at it with Eternals.

And that little blond kid on the Eternals team? Let me just say while I don't expect any kid superhero from the MCU to look or act like X23 from Logan, I don't want them looking like they are just auditioning for a Disney TV Channel show and that is what this kid looks like. from that poster shot, he looks the most out of place in the shot. As if he was just slotted in.

Marvel should not be surprised, if this kid may turn out to be the least popular character of the Eternals if Disney ends up using the most cliché story lines of kid superheroes, far more than they used with Tom Holland's Spiderman because he seem to be the only child in a midst of adults, Let's just hope he is not that annoying kid stereotype we know so well in movies.
    Last edited by Castle; 06-03-2021 at 03:32 AM.

Sprite, at least in the comics, is as old as all the Eternals and is not a kid. In fact, Gaiman’s run specifically had them unhappy with remaining in a child’s body.

And I don’t see why these suits would make anyone worried for X suits? These are clearly not designed to look like “superhero” costumes. The rest of the MCU’s suits are the best idea we have for X suits.
    Last edited by Jack The Tripper; 06-03-2021 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    And that little blond kid on the Eternals team? Let me just say while I don't expect any kid superhero from the MCU to look or act like X23 from Logan, I don't want them looking like they are just auditioning for a Disney TV Channel show and that is what this kid looks like. from that poster shot, he looks the most out of place in the shot. As if he was just slotted in.

Marvel should not be surprised, if this kid may turn out to be the least popular character of the Eternal s if Disney ends up using the most cliché story lines of kid superheroes, far more than they used with Tom Holland's Spiderman because he seem to be the only child in a midst of adults, Let's just hope he is not that annoying kid stereotype we know so well in movies.
    He is a she though...
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Sprite, at least in the comics, is as old as all the Eternals and is not a kid. In fact, Gaiman’s run specifically had them unhappy with remaining in a child’s body.
    Well I never read the comics, so maybe this sort of make sense because from that poster, the kid feels misplaced. As if he was photoshopped in. I think them making him a kid in the movie is something personal for Disney obviously. Because it just does not make sense that one child is in a team of adults in such a film narrative.

And I don’t see why these suits would make anyone worried for X suits? These are clearly not designed to look like “superhero” costumes. The rest of the MCU’s suits are the best idea we have for X suits.
    Wait, I am not following. their suit looks stereotypical comic superhero costumes, may be even more than Inhumans. I think the superhero costume suits has been too driven up way the notch that is strips MCU of any realism. Eternals seems to be overdoing things though from that shot. I think all of them should have just stayed in blue, instead of the color riot going on.

Extreme Colourful costumes in a team of superheroes should be a dated concept with comic book films, even more dated than the third arc cgi battle many people like to complain about including me, especially if you want the film to be taken seriously instead of just another advertisement for toys and theme parks. It's just does not bold well in what is supposed to be a live action setting even if there is big fantasy in the film.
    Last edited by Castle; 06-03-2021 at 04:02 AM.

The point of comics isn't extreme realism, I mean Incredibles show us what happens with capes for example. There is realism and then there is comic book realism. Realism is everyone wearing helmets and bulletproof vests because being shot in the chest or head sucks, Comic book realism is suits being made of carbon fiber or kevlar mesh instead of leather. Not because they are more effective but because the design aesthetic changed for the era.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 06-03-2021 at 05:48 AM.

Well I never read the comics, so maybe this sort of make sense because from that poster, the kid feels misplaced. As if he was photoshopped in. I think them making him a kid in the movie is something personal for Disney obviously. Because it just does not make sense that one child is in a team of adults in such a film narrative.

Wait, I am not following. their suit looks stereotypical comic superhero costumes, may be even more than Inhumans. I think the superhero costume suits has been too driven up way the notch that is strips MCU of any realism. Eternals seems to be overdoing things though from that shot. I think all of them should have just stayed in blue, instead of the color riot going on.

Extreme Colourful costumes in a team of superheroes should be a dated concept with comic book films, even more dated than the third arc cgi battle many people like to complain about including me, especially if you want the film to be taken seriously instead of just another advertisement for toys and theme parks. It's just does not bold well in what is supposed to be a live action setting even if there is big fantasy in the film.
    I can’t remember if it was that way in Kirby’s comics as Sprite was only featured in a couple of pages from what I remember, but Gaiman’s run distinctly had Sprite in a child’s body. It’s not a change Disney made to the source material. Also, if you’re talking about the picture in the thumbnail you posted, that is a fully photoshopped image using promotional art, not an actual photo.

To me these suits look more regal than Superhero - no capes, masks, or logos. They’re clearly made to look more like robes than superhero, personally I see more similarities with Asgardian and Wakandan clothing than, Say, Captain America or Captain Marvel.

Why would it be dated when most superhero films haven’t ever featured colourful costumes? If anything dark clothing feels dated because it’s been overused since the 90s imo

BANNED

The interference line seems to be ticking people in the wrong way, and I can understand that. If they are interfering now, it would mean the danger threat must be far far bigger than Loki from Avengers 1 and Thanos and nothing in the trailer or even phase 4 has shown any threat level is suppose to be that big. So they (Eternals) now wanting to interfere is a passé.

it makes zero story telling sense. this film could have been better in a separate universe or an alternate universe where Avengers don't exist for now in that universe,
    One could infer that all this fiddling about with the stones triggered something we don't know about yet. It seems likely they are interfering because of Thanos.

Also, it's a little premature to be suggesting the movie could have been better, don't you think?

BANNED

One could infer that all this fiddling about with the stones triggered something we don't know about yet. It seems likely they are interfering because of Thanos.

Also, it's a little premature to be suggesting the movie could have been better, don't you think?
    I said could have been based on probability, of the facts that we know Avengers already exists but we also know Marvel is a big universe and they could pretend, Eternals don't know or have ever heard of the Avengers. that could have been better. I am not saying that was better since I have not see the movie.

Also the flat joke of leading the Avengers in the trailer, shows Eternals could have been it's own thing without needing to link itself to anything else like Avengers or Captain America. It's nice some fans found the joke cringey and trying too hard to make the connection link that was never really necessary for superhero film story telling.
    Last edited by Castle; 06-03-2021 at 12:41 PM.

I said could have been based on probability, of the facts that we know Avengers already exists but we also know Marvel is a big universe and they could pretend, Eternals don't know or have ever heard of the Avengers. that could have been better. I am not saying that was better since I have not see the movie.
    If the movie is set post-Avengers 1, the Eternals would almost certainly had to have known who the Avengers were; way too many high-profile events between that movie and Spider-Man: Far From Home. Course, it remains to be seen how relevant the larger MCU is to them and their problem (e.g. is the idea that the Eternals are stepping in because the Avengers can't or it's too big for them or is the scene with the Eternals discussing the Avengers just a throwaway line that's in-universe only them making small talk about recent events?). It'll all be in the execution whether it works or not.

Also the flat joke of leading the Avengers in the trailer, shows Eternals could have been it's own thing without needing to link itself to anything else like Avengers or Captain America. It's nice some fans found the joke cringey and trying too hard to make the connection link that was never really necessary for superhero film story telling.
    Superhero movies don't need to be interconnected, but, they equally don't need to be standalone. Either can work really well and we have seen cinematic universe series do movies that are largely stand alone and/or don't depend on having seen the entirety of the mega series, e.g. pretty much all the Phase One movies, plus Captain America: The Winter Soldier, the Guardians of the Galaxy films, Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, and Captain Marvel from the MCU, and pretty much every post-Snyderverse movie in the DCEU (note that I'm not counting sequels as "not standalone," since it's a reasonable assumption that WW84 would count on people having seen the original Wonder Woman).

Would agree that the "Avengers" joke isn't overly funny, but I think it does point to the movie humanzing the lead characters and that they won't be distant god types (the epic scope and larger-than-life premise we seem to be getting is all well and good, but epic stuff that has an impact, like Lord of the Rings, tend to have memorable characters that drive things forward). Still, truth be told, I think I'd rather the movie have a wry, understated sense of humor then laugh out loud comic relief (maybe closer to Winter Solider then Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor: Ragnarok, the various Spider-Man film series, etc.).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

Zack Snyder Says His MCU would Failed to keep up to Kevin Feige's Marvel Studios

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    If the movie is set post-Avengers 1, the Eternals would almost certainly had to have known who the Avengers were; way too many high-profile events between that movie and Spider-Man: Far From Home. Course, it remains to be seen how relevant the larger MCU is to them and their problem (e.g. is the idea that the Eternals are stepping in because the Avengers can't or it's too big for them or is the scene with the Eternals discussing the Avengers just a throwaway line that's in-universe only them making small talk about recent events?). It'll all be in the execution whether it works or not.

Superhero movies don't need to be interconnected, but, they equally don't need to be standalone. Either can work really well and we have seen cinematic universe series do movies that are largely stand alone and/or don't depend on having seen the entirety of the mega series, e.g. pretty much all the Phase One movies, plus Captain America: The Winter Soldier, the Guardians of the Galaxy films, Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, and Captain Marvel from the MCU, and pretty much every post-Snyderverse movie in the DCEU (note that I'm not counting sequels as "not standalone," since it's a reasonable assumption that WW84 would count on people having seen the original Wonder Woman).

Would agree that the "Avengers" joke isn't overly funny, but I think it does point to the movie humanzing the lead characters and that they won't be distant god types (the epic scope and larger-than-life premise we seem to be getting is all well and good, but epic stuff that has an impact, like Lord of the Rings, tend to have memorable characters that drive things forward). Still, truth be told, I think I'd rather the movie have a wry, understated sense of humor then laugh out loud comic relief (maybe closer to Winter Solider then Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor: Ragnarok, the various Spider-Man film series, etc.).
    I think the joke was added to establish the level of familiarity between the characters and help the audience warm up to them. They come off look like a family joking around the table over dinner and it enables us to sympathize with them as a group.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe