Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 226
  1. #76
    Astonishing Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    The teaser looked fine but I’m not a big fan of costumes.
    Hoping more for The Nude Eternals?

  2. #77
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Marvel does a subdue trailer with very little emphasis on action or comedy and they are still people out here saying it looks like all the previous Marvel movies. This trailer is suppose to give you an idea of who the Eternals are because quite frankly nobody knows who the Eternals are especially the general public. Did it accomplish its goal? You get the gist that they are these alien like Gods who never interfere directly in earth affairs. I don't think this trailer was suppose to do much more than that

    -Feel Cosmic and bit grand. Check
    -Introduce the concept of Eternals. Check
    -Drop in one joke to remind you that it is the MCU. Check

    The next trailer will show some action and maybe even show the second antagonist The Deviants. Anyways this movie visuals looks amazing it is first time I have been tempted to watch something in theater since covid because I don't think I will get the same experience at home






    So true. Where is the like button if you need it^^
    But one of the main things I wonder about is will the Black Knight have the Ebony Blade and if so how they will handle it.

  3. #78
    ᱬ Master Of Chaos ᱬ Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1,541

    Default

    I wish their costumes looked as colorful as those gifs

  4. #79
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I didn't know people took Grace Randolph seriously anymore
    She is an entertaining Youtuber to watch but most of her takes about MCU movies are wrong but it is fun seeing her calibrating her point of views to align with or go against the consensus so that she could stand out to her subscribers.

    Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Well, all I can say is, damned if you do, damned if you don't. People moan about the "sameness" of the MCU then when the teaser is released, they're disappointed about the lack of "sameness" i.e. action/visuals etc. The teaser was fine. It got me curious and wanted to find out more about the Eternals. The next trailer should show more of the story without giving away too much. If they revealed too much in this teaser then you'd have a situation where one could go "why bother seeing the movie when I saw the 2 minute trailer?"
    Now Film twitter is complaining about the absence of Chloe's Oscar win at the beginning of the trailer is because Marvel is trying to erase her win because of China.
    Last edited by Tofali; 05-25-2021 at 10:55 AM.

  5. #80
    Fantastic Member Jack The Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Nah, let's just leave thing as that but I will say trust more of the big fans here if you think I am just a ''hater'', the first 2 pages of this thread are people who I know to be fans that are calling the trailer looks meh, inhumans copy and uninteresting.

    Also, I just don't see X-MEN looking that different from Shang CHI and Eternals in phase 4 and beyond.
    All you’re admitting here is that you think people are only correct when it suits your needs lol. As has happened many times, when a thread is going the opposite way to your opinion (Snyder threads/X-Men threads) you say that people are just MCU fans that don’t want mature themes - now that a thread has some MCU fans that don’t like the look of this film (which, of course, is subjective) you’re telling me to trust those fans about a purely subjective viewpoint. I don’t get it lol. Not to mention the fact that if some fans aren’t interested it leans more on the side of my argument, seeing as these fans are probably looking forward to most other MCU properties.

    As long as an X-Men movie is good, I don’t care.

    *This is my last reply*

  6. #81
    Fantastic Member Jack The Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I wish their costumes looked as colorful as those gifs
    I’m hoping the colours will be adjusted for the film’s release - especially seeing as it’s had a fair bit of kick back online

  7. #82
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    891

    Default

    It looks... okay to me.

    It’s the basic Kirby concepts.

    It looks like it owes more to Rick Berry’s covers for Neil Gaiman’s Eternals, than to Kirby’s work.

    Thena and Ikaris look good, but I really wanted more Kirby. Where’s the Celestials? And Reject and Karkas? I’m thinking Celestials may not get too much screentime, and there’s been no sign of Reject or Karkis.

    Zhao’s touch shows on the movie, giving it a very contemplative and fantasy-like feel. The cinematography by Ben Davis looks nice, a bit different than Guardians. I’m sure it is all more Kevin Feige than anybody, and he’s done great work for MCU so far. I just wish it was more Kirby-like.

    CBR was very prescient and predicted not enough Kirby might turn some fans off, like me. These are among the first books I read. I do feel attached and nostalgic for those Eternals. Check it out, reasons #3 and #8 echo what my possible complaints are, though I will see the movie before really judging it:

    https://www.cbr.com/8-fears-about-et...kirby-fanatic/
    Last edited by Brian B; 05-25-2021 at 11:45 AM.

  8. #83
    Incredible Member chicago_bastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Now Film twitter is complaining about the absence of Chloe's Oscar win at the beginning of the trailer is because Marvel is trying to erase her win because of China.
    That's a nonsensical take on their part. I discussed that issue some weeks ago on here and I said back then that they likely won't put Zhao's name in the trailer because Marvel has never in the history of the MCU put the name of any creative in their trailers, so why should they start with it now?
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

  9. #84
    Fantastic Member Jack The Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    It looks... okay to me.

    It’s the basic Kirby concepts.

    It looks like it owes more to Rick Berry’s covers for Neil Gaiman’s Eternals, than to Kirby’s work.

    Thena and Ikaris look good, but I really wanted more Kirby. Where’s the Celestials? And Reject and Karkas? I’m thinking Celestials may not get too much screentime, and there’s been no sign of Reject or Karkis.

    Zhao’s touch shows on the movie, giving it a very contemplative and fantasy-like feel. The cinematography by Ben Davis looks nice, a bit different than Guardians. I’m sure it is all more Kevin Feige than anybody, and he’s done great work for MCU so far. I just wish it was more Kirby-like.

    CBR was very prescient and predicted not enough Kirby might turn some fans off, like me. These are among the first books I read. I do feel attached and nostalgic for those Eternals. Check it out, reasons #3 and #8 echo what my possible complaints are, though I will see the movie before really judging it:

    https://www.cbr.com/8-fears-about-et...kirby-fanatic/
    It’s a teaser trailer (and it looks like a lot of it is from the first half to me) so don’t get too hung up on lack of Celestials/Deviants - we’ve had no real indication of plot yet, so don’t lose hope too much.

    I personally don’t mind the lack of Kirby stuff in this, because honestly I don’t think Eternals are anywhere near his best creation and (barring The Celestials) were never all that interesting visually. But again, we’ll see.

  10. #85
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,845

    Default

    The rumors are saying it takes more from Gaiman than Kirby, which in this case, I'm ok with because I liked Gaiman's stuff better, and frankly I didn't think Eternals was Kirby's best idea, it was him kinda trying to redo New Gods in Marvel.

  11. #86
    Fantastic Member Jack The Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    The rumors are saying it takes more from Gaiman than Kirby, which in this case, I'm ok with because I liked Gaiman's stuff better, and frankly I didn't think Eternals was Kirby's best idea, it was him kinda trying to redo New Gods in Marvel.
    I think seeing Sprite in that weird little party/limo/private jet setting in that brief moment lends itself to the Gaiman rumour!

  12. #87
    Boisterously Confused
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Gotta say, it was hard to get Inhumans out of my head looking at this.
    Exactly this. By that I mean that this feels like a mis-step in handing a character concept I like quite a lot. But then, departure tho it was, GotG turned out well enough, so we'll see.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 05-25-2021 at 12:19 PM.

  13. #88
    Astonishing Member Castle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    The rumors are saying it takes more from Gaiman than Kirby, which in this case, I'm ok with because I liked Gaiman's stuff better, and frankly I didn't think Eternals was Kirby's best idea, it was him kinda trying to redo New Gods in Marvel.
    Rumors usually start when people are confused about something and are trying to figure it out. I dont think it is going to matter much what is the bigger influence Gaiman or Kirby , it has never mattered in the past. I think this movie has already been structured to follow the other styles of their past films. I finally saw the Inhumans trailers ,since I did not want to be ignorant of it anymore because of the call ups and references and there is a big resemblance with both.
    Last edited by Castle; 05-25-2021 at 03:21 PM.

  14. #89
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Rumors usually start then people are confused about something and are trying to figure it out. I dont think it is going to matter much what is the bigger influence Gaiman or Kirby , it has never mattered in the past. I think this movie has already been structured to follow the other styles of their past films. I finally saw the Inhumans trailers ,since I did not want to be ignorant of it anymore because of the call ups and references and there is a big resemblance with both.
    Kirby’s influence would matter massively if a fifth or more of the movie was devoted to Reject and Karkas duking it out in the gladiator pits in Lemuria, for Brother Tode and Kro’s amusement, and Thena’s disapproval, as Celestial Eson the Searcher attacks the undersea, underground Deviant kingdom of Lemuria!

  15. #90
    Incredible Member davetvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    722

    Default

    I absolutely loved Gaiman's Eternals so I'm really excited for this. The nature shots looked stnning.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •