Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I am curious about the only real character point in the trailer, which is that the idea of Ikaris being a leader is laughable. If he can’t lead humans he sure can’t lead Eternals. And they mock him to his face about it. From his sheepish reaction, it’s obviously not the first time. That seems like a change from the comics and maybe a good one that they’re not all wise and strong. An immortal idiot who gets mocked by his peers gives him some uniqueness. It could explain why Sersi dumps him for Dane, because she thought she was into submissive men but finds she wants a man who can challenge her.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    So it is 100% percent fine to go I saw the trailer, It didn't impress me and I am not hype for the movie but if you are going I watch the trailer which was a teaser and are going "This trailer represent what the movie is going to be like I am not going to watch it" to me that is kinda stupid. And here is why

1.What is the story for the movie? After watching the trailer what is the movie about? Can you tell me? The trailer gave no real story details about the overall arc of the movie.

2.How many action beats does it show? Who are the Eternals fighting? What can any of the Eternals actually do in terms of superpowers? A superhero movie is typically an action/drama hybrid what does the action look like?

If you have been following Eternals you can make some guess but if you are person who has just watch the trailer, It really hasn't shown anything .Quite frankly I wish it could stay this way but sadly Marvel marketing guys has to listen to feedback which means they are probably going put out a trailer showing off the action and too many movies today do this and show off a little too much in trailers. The most egregious case I have ever seen of this was Terminator Genesis which drop a huge spoiler which we did not need to see it. It wasn't something that was going to make the movie better but we didn't need to know that John Connor was the bad guy and robot in the trailer. It would be a nice surprise to keep hidden. If given the choice being seeing to little and seeing too much then answer is too little imo.
    No, you are acting like we owe this movie something. It is the job of the marketing department to sell us on this movie with trailers and later on tv spots. It is not our problem if we don’t like it it is their problem.

BANNED

Frankly Marvel's gone for 20+ films and two TV series all of which have been successful hits, so I would at least say we owe them the benefit of the doubt until the real first trailer comes out and shows us what the plot and conflict is gonna be, the movie is about super-powered immortal beings feels obvious they have more to show than narration playing over quick shots of the characters.

In hindsight, The Eternals should've came out in phase 3. I don't hate Carol but I'm ok with swapping that film with this one. It just felt like a more interesting time to introduce them than after Thanos's death. But I'm hoping the film change my mind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    In hindsight, The Eternals should've came out in phase 3. I don't hate Carol but I'm ok with swapping that film with this one. It just felt like a more interesting time to introduce them than after Thanos's death. But I'm hoping the film change my mind.
    The hate for Carol comes from some that did not like Brie Larson's politics, which I could hardly care about. She is afterall entitled to her opinions but that is where the hate came from since I don't know how some can say carol is boring and her movie is bland and other characters are not when Marvel just has the same kind of formula that brings their characters and films to life , even the ''lovely'' Rotten Tomatoes said, Captain Marvel is like the other MCU films, but captain marvel became an easy target.

Now that been said, Wanda is a superior female protagonist to Carol. Same as Rogue. Infact this was why in the comics, Rogue became a far more beloved marvel female character than Carol.

If Marvel is moving forward with females, Wanda's story arc is just far more interesting even if Disney would still put limit on how far they can take Wanda's story arcs but at the end, I will like to see them to put more faith in Wanda than Carol to start carrying movies.
    Last edited by Castle; 05-31-2021 at 11:49 AM.

BANNED

What does that have to do with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    The hate for Carol comes from some that did not like Brie Larson's politics, which I could hardly care about. She is afterall entitled to her opinions but that is where the hate came from since I don't know how some can say carol is boring and her movie is bland and other characters are not when Marvel just has the same kind of formula that brings their characters and films to life , even the ''lovely'' Rotten Tomatoes said, Captain Marvel is like the other MCU films, but captain marvel became an easy target.

Now that been said, Wanda is a superior female protagonist to Carol. Same as Rogue. Infact this was why in the comics, Rogue became a far more beloved marvel female character than Carol.

If Marvel is moving forward with females, Wanda's story arc is just far more interesting even if Disney would still put limit on how far they can take Wanda's story arcs but at the end, I will like to see them to put more faith in Wanda than Carol to start carrying movies.
    I knew most of the Brie Larson outrage. I just wanted to preface my post because I didn't want to seem unfair to Carol as a character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I knew most of the Brie Larson outrage. I just wanted to preface my post because I didn't want to seem unfair to Carol as a character.
    I think you were perfectly fair because you acknowledged there was blind hate for her, Though I dont know about having Eternals for Phase 3 over Captain Marvel, Marvel really really wanted a female movie to answer back to DC's Wonder Woman, but be that as it may. Having a movie with Angelina Jolie and Salam Heyek marketed as the main stars would have been a more powerful tool than just marketing Brie Larson's as Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I am curious about the only real character point in the trailer, which is that the idea of Ikaris being a leader is laughable. If he can’t lead humans he sure can’t lead Eternals. And they mock him to his face about it. From his sheepish reaction, it’s obviously not the first time. That seems like a change from the comics and maybe a good one that they’re not all wise and strong. An immortal idiot who gets mocked by his peers gives him some uniqueness. It could explain why Sersi dumps him for Dane, because she thought she was into submissive men but finds she wants a man who can challenge her.
    I just saw it family ribbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    Frankly Marvel's gone for 20+ films and two TV series all of which have been successful hits, so I would at least say we owe them the benefit of the doubt until the real first trailer comes out and shows us what the plot and conflict is gonna be, the movie is about super-powered immortal beings feels obvious they have more to show than narration playing over quick shots of the characters.
    successful sure but they all haven't been that great to be honest.

BANNED

Was it the Eternals or the Celestials who were the small group that controlled the stones for a moment in the Collectors story?

I wonder how many Eternals will survive this one, they're too many

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I wonder how many Eternals will survive this one, they're too many
    I suspect it will be the other way around. A few at first, more in later movies.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Was it the Eternals or the Celestials who were the small group that controlled the stones for a moment in the Collectors story?
    Neither they were called the Cosmic Beings a celestial did have it tho but it was just one.

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fand.../Cosmic_Beings

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Neither they were called the Cosmic Beings a celestial did have it tho but it was just one.

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fand.../Cosmic_Beings
    Hmm. I'll have to watch that again. I could swear they were trying to access all the stones. In any case, were these Cosmic beings the Eternals or the Celestials?
    Last edited by green_garnish; 05-31-2021 at 03:06 PM.