Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Additionally why are some saying this look like Inhumans? Saw the same comments on Entertainment Weekly and Comicboommovie.com and now here.

I never saw inhumans, just heard it was a misguided tv series from ABC that did not go well, but what I am truly missing here that some are saying it reminds them of Inhumans?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Additionally why are some saying this look like Inhumans?
    In my case it's because it looks like a bunch of people with vague abilities who hide from humanity and don't seem to be terribly interesting.
    Last edited by green_garnish; 05-24-2021 at 02:59 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Well in my case it's because it looks like a bunch of people with vague abilities who hide from humanity and don't seem to be terribly interesting.
    Thanks for explaining that, since I had no plan of watching the Inhumans trailer to see any similarities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Wow, it hella did not take very long at all for that song to become a trailer cliche.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Hah, that's exactly what I thought when I heard it.

Comic book song trailers has always been a cliche. It is not worth getting annoyed about it anymore. Many times I just pretend there is no song. I hated it during all the Zack Snyder Cut trailer releases. There have been only 2 times songs in a comic book trailer had worked or had been far less annoying or looked objectively ''cool''

Suicide Squad using Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody

Logan using Jonny Cash's Hurt.

Niffleheim

I guess they are justifying my initial feelings for the movie from a snippet I saw from the marvel sizzle reel. I was not impressed by this. It looks like a Star Trek crew with superpowers. No Kirby influences at all in the trailer - that kind of worries me a bit. I guess those influences are only meant for Thor movies alone.

Extraordinary Member

Does look underwhelming. All the characters seem too similar.

I don't agree, it is looking very standard MCU and honestly I am even quite surprised, some fans are saying so. I didn't even see the joke about leading the Avengers in the end until my second rewatch, which makes it even more standard MCU because the standard MCU forumla always need to remind us of the humor. as for it looking like a Zhao film, I don't see it much and so far, it is quite disappointing after my more optimistic standing from the teaser.

I can still tell easily this is still a MCU film and not because of the humor. when you say something need to look different, I am talking about as far as a David Yates film looked from a Chris Columbus Harry Potter film and you don't get that in this trailer. I think this is why some are really saying it was meh or uninteresting, I don't think it is because of Loki, Black Widow and Shang CHI. On paper, people should me more hyped for this film as we already know enough about Loki and Black Widow.
    Well we'll have to agree to disagree here, because to me it's very clearly Zhao's own work. It doesn't look like James Gunn, Joss Whedon, The Russo Brothers, Taika Waititi or Jon Favreau. One 10 second joke in a 2 minute trailer still gets people's backs up about humour in Marvel movies lmao.

I'm not saying people don't like it because of Black Widow/Shang Chi/Loki, I'm saying people are more interested in Black Widow/Shang Chi/Loki because their trailers were made to be more audience friendly - this trailer has clearly been made to cash in on the hype around Chloe Zhao after Nomadland's award wins. What I am also saying is that they clearly aren't tired of this MCU look you're talking about because there seems to be a lot of excitement for Black Widow/Shang Chi/Loki (and Thor 4, Doctor Strange 2 and Spider-Man 3 too). The trailer didn't land as well with some fans of the franchise because it hasn't been marketed like other MCU films (action heavy, summer blockbuster type trailers). Of course people are more excited for Loki and Black Widow, because they want to see more of their favourite characters - a lot of people haven't had enough of them yet. That's like saying people will be more excited for the Blue Beetle movie in comparison to Matt Reeve's Batman movie because we've seen enough of Batman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    No Kirby influences at all in the trailer - that kind of worries me a bit. I guess those influences are only meant for Thor movies alone.
    Oddly enough there were a ton of Kirby influences in The Winter Soldier, in terms of how action sequences were done and specific character poses. More even than in The First Avenger (I'll never understand how they didn't work in the first cover, substituting Red Skull for Hitler).

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Oddly enough there were a ton of Kirby influences in The Winter Soldier, in terms of how action sequences were done and specific character poses. More even than in The First Avenger (I'll never understand how they didn't work in the first cover, substituting Red Skull for Hitler).
    They made it part of the stage show in a clear homage.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    They made it part of the stage show in a clear homage.

That's exactly what I meant. Doesn't exactly scream Kirby, does it?

On the surface, The Inhumans were similar to the Eternals, the way some other Kirby creations were similar. Thor and Asgardians and New Gods, Challengers and Fantastic Four.
    Of course in execution, detail and story, they were not alike.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I dont agree with this. this is what Ragnarok looked liked.

It's pretty much the same VFX and cinematography style. I agree much more with Vegeta that it does look like another Hollywood Popcorn movie you have seen before, but this is MCU hollywood popcorn film.
    That was right when Ragnarok happened, so it makes sense for it to have muted colors. The scenes on Sakaar had a more vibrant color palette very different to the Russo style:

Not to mention Rocket flying a spaceship in GOTG 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ROiWmnWJHw

compared to Rocket flying a spaceship in Endgame: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVCkspLVW5c

Identical color grading and visual style?
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Well the trailer did nothing for me, music did nothing for me and its only Kirby-esque in the most subtle of ways, booo! Ragnarok, everyone, just do that! Kirby deserves that! Is Sakaar the only world where Kirby has visited!?

But ... Black Knight riding his horse and slicing people! Angelina Jolie slicing down big green curtains! Makkari running fast! Plus its the Eternals so even if its the worst thing ever I will still have to see it.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 05-24-2021 at 04:39 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Know zip about the source material, but am curious about the movie. Is kinda clicking with the sci-fi fan in me.

I agree with this but in way, I did sort predict it when we first saw the teaser that although I saw some Zhao stuff that really felt like hers, the MCU signature look of their films will still have a bigger influence than Zhao's own style. I already sort of said it about 5 weeks ago.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...4-special-look

And this trailer prove me right, the color grading overall still looks dour and quite bland I have read some comments here, that the trailer did nothing for them or is uninteresting. it could be because you are looking at a movie you have already seen 25 times and are listening to your subconscious.
    Appeal to false authority.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

i think it was a meh trailer for heroes that almost no one knows and i'm not liking the lack of color tbh

Astonishing Member

Never cared for the Eternals and the trailer was 'Meh' to me. Maybe this will be two underperforming movies from Marvel in a row. Looking at the view counts from Shang Chi it could be both one and done. Hope I'm wrong.