Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Additionally, if someone words a post in one way, and I reply to that exact wording, I'm a little baffled by how this is somehow my fault.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Great. If you don't care about how I feel about the movies or books, and don't want to read an essay about that (as you said), then don't bring up my feelings on the matter. <-- that was you, in this this thread, starting the discussion about the movies and me giving them credit or not, directly to me. I hadn't brought up the movies at all before that point.

Everyone is happy.
    Im not because this still doesn't accurately describe me or my feelings on the subject. Now you're insinuating I don't care about your feelings as a whole, ignoring the times when i have asked you to give your input because of your knowledge of the books. I didn't like being accused of telling someone how they should feel, and then be told about how bad it was. Again. Anf when i go to clarify what I meant, all of a sudden I am now telling you how you feel, when I never did. Nothing in my post even said that, it was in response to the convo between you and Mid, with Mid making mention of Sauron sending groups of soldiers flying with his attacks, that is why i specifically replied to that post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Additionally, if someone words a post in one way, and I reply to that exact wording, I'm a little baffled by how this is somehow my fault.
    Ill say that's a lack of empathy and understanding as it implies no one ever makes mistakes or don't have issues articulating what they meant, even right after they said that is not what they meant.

I am trying so hard right now to convey what i mean, yet it seems you want to make me out as this filthy monster that is attacking you. Not like I haven't been respectful to you in the past or anything. Like, im sorry if I didn't specifically say i was talking about the movies portrayal of the characters physical abilities, i just figured it was implied based on the posts I was replying to.
    Last edited by Cody; 05-27-2021 at 05:33 AM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Cody, given that you're now projecting that Sharp is "making you out as a filthy monster," I am going to politely suggest that you take a walk and cool off.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Im not because this still doesn't accurately describe me or my feelings on the subject. Now you're insinuating I don't care about your feelings as a whole, ignoring the times when i have asked you to give your input because of your knowledge of the books. I didn't like being accused of telling someone how they should feel, and then be told about how bad it was. Again. Anf when i go to clarify what I meant, all of a sudden I am now telling you how you feel, when I never did. Nothing in my post even said that, it was in response to the convo between you and Mid, with Mid making mention of Sauron sending groups of soldiers flying with his attacks, that is why i specifically replied to that post.
    I'm going to clarify. If you don't care to HEAR about how I feel on the matter of the movies, then don't bring them up. I can see how that would have been misinterpreted with what I said, above.

As for your first reply to me, again, you said I should give the movies credit. If you didn't mean it that way, maybe you can understand how it would be misinterpreted that way, since that's exactly what is said.

Ill say that's a lack of empathy and understanding as it implies no one ever makes mistakes or don't have issues articulating what they meant, even right after they said that is not what they meant.
    If it was a poor choice of words, then that's where we stand. Fair enough.

I am trying so hard right now to convey what i mean, yet it seems you want to make me out as this filthy monster that is attacking you. Not like I haven't been respectful to you in the past or anything. Like, im sorry if I didn't specifically say i was talking about the movies portrayal of the characters physical abilities, i just figured it was implied based on the posts I was replying to.
    I am not trying to make you out as a filthy monster, I am discussing this exact situation. Not you, as a person. And yes, in the past you have said disrespectful things toward my opinions on the movies, defended people who said disrespectful things toward my opinions on the movies, and even admitted to trying to troll me because you were annoyed that I didn't like the game Shadow of Mordor (or whatever that game was called). So you might understand that I feel a little touchy when you come into a conversation and - again, exact words - say that I should give the movies credit for XYZ.

If that was not the intent, at least we've cleared it up.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

And I'm now going to take Nik's excellent advice, myself.
    Why are we here?