Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Superman vs. Lobo Announced

What happens when an indomitable force meets an irritating object? That’s what readers will find out when Superman runs into Lobo in August’s launch of Superman vs. Lobo!

What will be worse, the damage Lobo causes on his own, or the chaos of trying to stop him? I smell a team-up, fanboys! Or, will it be a train wreck? Lobo is involved, after all!

From writers Tim Seeley & Sarah Beattie, the team behind the indie hit Money Shot, and Punchline artist Mirka Andolfo comes a hilarious new three-issue, oversize, superhero epic!

Numen is the most popular being in the universe, a god clogging all social channels—and he does not take kindly to attention going to Superman and Lobo. Further complicating things is Dr. Flik, a scientist determined to study the last sons of Krypton and Czarnia respectively. What can she glean from the hero whose home planet was destroyed when he was just a baby and the bad, bad boy who made it all go away just for the heck of it?

Superman vs. Lobo #1 (of 3) by Tim Seeley, Sarah Beattie, Mirka Andolfo and Arif Prianto arrives on August 24 in DC’s Prestige Plus format (8 1/2" x 10 7/8") with a card stock main cover by Andolfo, card stock variant covers by Simon Bisley and Tony Harris and a 1:25 card stock variant cover by Phillip Tan. Superman vs. Lobo will retail for $6.99 US for 48 pages and will carry DC’s Black Label content descriptor, indicating content appropriate for readers ages 17+.
    Last edited by Hypo; 05-24-2021 at 09:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member

AHHHHH YOU BEAT ME! lmao.

Well I wanted another Black Label Superman book since Miller’s Year One was trash, and we got it! Seeley is a very Morrison inspired creator, so I’m actually looking forward to this. Does anyone else find it kind of wild how Deathstroke and Lobo have kind of become Batman and Superman Rogues? With Lobo that originates in the DCAU, but I just find it interesting how the evil mercenary counterparts to the main heroes have become official Rogues.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

I'm a fan of Seeley/Beattie's indie book Money Shot so I'll probably check this out even though 1) I'm not a Lobo guy and 2) Andolfo's art can be a bit hit or miss for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I'm a fan of Seeley/Beattie's indie book Money Shot so I'll probably check this out even though 1) I'm not a Lobo guy and 2) Andolfo's art can be a bit hit or miss for me.
    You read Grayson and/or Nightwing Rebirth? I really enjoyed those. He also did some Green Lanterns issues after Humphries which I thought were ok.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

More Seeley on Superman is always a good thing, so I might give this a shot

Superman and Lobo interaction is always fun, plan on checking this out.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You read Grayson and/or Nightwing Rebirth? I really enjoyed those. He also did some Green Lanterns issues after Humphries which I thought were ok.
    Yea, I've read all of that plus some other random things by him like Imaginary Fiends and Hack/Slash - highlighted Money Shot though because he's co-writing it with Beattie and they'll be co-writing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    AHHHHH YOU BEAT ME! lmao.

Well I wanted another Black Label Superman book since Miller’s Year One was trash, and we got it! Seeley is a very Morrison inspired creator, so I’m actually looking forward to this. Does anyone else find it kind of wild how Deathstroke and Lobo have kind of become Batman and Superman Rogues? With Lobo that originates in the DCAU, but I just find it interesting how the evil mercenary counterparts to the main heroes have become official Rogues.
    I think the DCAU made Superman vs. Lobo pretty popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the DCAU made Superman vs. Lobo pretty popular.
    I get why, same reason Batman has poached Deathstroke from the Titans: The audience is interested in seeing the badass anti-villains fight the big guns rather than the second stringers. And Lobo does make for a fun contrast with Supes.

Incredible Member

It's Tim Seeley writing Superman fighting Lobo in all his hedonistic glory? I want this injected into my veins, arteries and every other vessel.

Now this, I can get behind this. The Main Man and his sidekick, Boy Scout, team up to stop the self-absorbed New God!

This looks pretty cool. Kinda sounds similar to the Superman: TAS episode with The Preserver. With the two characters fighting it out only to have to team up and take down the big bad.

Seeing Lobo lounging by the pool in his speedos hopefully means this story will be more fun and not dark and gritty.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I've always liked their chemistry and I've been waiting for Seeley to come back since like... 2014. So yeah
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Cool!finally,this is gonna be good.It's sooo tragic to see clark fight his best friend....😭😭👍
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"