Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    This looks pretty cool. Kinda sounds similar to the Superman: TAS episode with The Preserver. With the two characters fighting it out only to have to team up and take down the big bad.

Seeing Lobo lounging by the pool in his speedos hopefully means this story will be more fun and not dark and gritty.
    Seeley is known for being fairly tongue-in-cheek .

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I've always liked their chemistry and I've been waiting for Seeley to come back since like... 2014. So yeah
    I thought Robins would be his big return to DC, kind of shocked this will be coming out first. Impressed we never got any hints from him this was in the works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seeley is known for being fairly tongue-in-cheek .
    He can definitely be dark and/or serious when needed, but there was a lot of humor in Grayson and Nightwing, and his indie work leans towards the more comedic side. Plus any Lobo story can’t be too serious.
    Last edited by Vordan; 05-25-2021 at 12:33 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Isn't he supposed to be a parody of "I am the best at what i do .But,what i do ain't nice" characters?I mean,let's just keep that.I hope they have some actual humour in superman franchise.I hope they start doing different kinds of humour as well in main ones which is sorely missing.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-24-2021 at 09:32 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Don't much care for Lobo. Love Superman. What's a guy to do? I'll give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Don't much care for Lobo. Love Superman. What's a guy to do? I'll give it a shot.
    That's like saying you don't care for guy gardner green lantern.Blashpemy!! this is The Main man.The boyscout needs to come to his level.#lobo4justice
    "When you got lobo on your team who needs superman?"
    I can't wait for lobo to sock superman cause he's too soft or get hit by rench.... The slapstick would be out of this world

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Seeley... Lobo... speedos... Superman... all on the 17+ age format. Seems like the type of thing Black Label was meant for.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    That's like saying you don't care for guy gardner green lantern.Blashpemy!! this is The Main man.The boyscout needs to come to his level.#lobo4justice
    "When you got lobo on your team who needs superman?"
    I can't wait for lobo to sock superman cause he's too soft or get hit by rench.... The slapstick would be out of this world
    Isn't Lobo one of those character made to steal the show from other characters and play around with the fact that he's cooler than bland conventional heroes who just exist to make him look better, kinda like Batman. I dont see how this is appealing to anyone a fan of Supes, one of the problems he has is always looking lamer and playing the straight man or borefest to highlight others while he gets humiliated as a character being too weak or soft, this happened to Spidey ya know, the hero with a sense of humor got out performed by the guy based on him. And guys a lameass who got punked by batman. FYI, could supes work with someone like maybe plastic man, at least he doesn't threaten Supermans dignity and pride for laughs.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by spiritb View Post
    Isn't Lobo one of those character made to steal the show from other characters and play around with the fact that he's cooler than bland conventional heroes who just exist to make him look better, kinda like Batman. I dont see how this is appealing to anyone a fan of Supes, one of the problems he has is always looking lamer and playing the straight man or borefest to highlight others while he gets humiliated as a character being too weak or soft, this happened to Spidey ya know, the hero with a sense of humor got out performed by the guy based on him. And guys a lameass who got punked by batman. FYI, could supes work with someone like maybe plastic man, at least he doesn't threaten Supermans dignity and pride for laughs.
    I have more faith in Seeley than that. I assume this'll play out like the archetypical Mxyzptlk story: Superman gets punked a bit at the start by the more catoonish figure before he embraces his inner trickster and keeps up with his own brand of ridiculousness.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spiritb View Post
    The safest thing is that Lobo will be treated as the strong man and of action, Superman will be the boring one.

Lobo is going to be a pain in the ass that Supes has to take care of, can you guys not immediately assume the worst case scenario (yes I do recognize the irony of me saying that)? Seeley has written a good Superman in Nightwing, in those Batman wedding specials, he’s a fan of Morrison, I seriously doubt he intends to just dump on Supes. Will Supes perhaps occasionally get screwed with, lose a fight or whatever? Sure, long as he has the last laugh on Lobo that’s all I care about.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

I'll also be fine with it if Lobo ends up having the last laugh but Superman also finds the way he is tricked hilarious and laughs along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lobo is going to be a pain in the ass that Supes has to take care of, can you guys not immediately assume the worst case scenario (yes I do recognize the irony of me saying that)? Seeley has written a good Superman in Nightwing, in those Batman wedding specials, he’s a fan of Morrison, I seriously doubt he intends to just dump on Supes. Will Supes perhaps occasionally get screwed with, lose a fight or whatever? Sure, long as he has the last laugh on Lobo that’s all I care about.
    unfortunate with superman if you think about the worst, you will almost certainly be right, especially with characters like Lobo, strong, dominant and aggressive personality vs submissive and conformist personality.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    unfortunate with superman if you think about the worst, you will almost certainly be right, especially with characters like Lobo, strong, dominant and aggressive personality vs submissive and conformist personality.
    Heh I mean I can’t really dispute that it’s good to prepare for the worst when it comes to Supes, but Seeley hasn’t done anything to really warrant a worst case scenario. And Supes is only “submissive” around Lois, even Batman can’t totally push him around. And Lobo especially can’t tell Supes what to do, Supes hates Lobo

If Supes has lawyers as a good as the Looney Tunes, he should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    Dude!the character was created to show how annoying those wolverines of the world can be.They are assholes.it also means it fun when they get decked or made fun.Rather than being reverant towards them..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Supes hates Lobo
    Haahe loves Lobo.Superman is a Tsundere .The only person clark gets to be absolutely undiplomatic.The only person he gets to be totally free around..He kinda embraces himself with lobo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    If Supes has lawyers as a good as the Looney Tunes, he should be fine.

I am sure.these two can handle the hunter again..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-25-2021 at 06:50 PM.