Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Has Seeley written Superman before?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I thought Robins would be his big return to DC, kind of shocked this will be coming out first. Impressed we never got any hints from him this was in the works.
    And he got that King Shark FCBD issue followed by a mini in the works. So he'll have 3 projects at DC by the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Has Seeley written Superman before?
    On a consistent basis? I'm not sure. But he's written him in a few guest spots (the most memorable of which involved Dick Grayson).

He wrote him in Nightwing Rebirth and the BatCat Wedding Specials where Supes and Nightwing threw Bruce a bachelor party, and I though he did a good job in those with him.

Andolfo really loved Lobo apparently which is funny to me since I know her mostly as a cheesecake/cutesy artist.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I don't know why some people are assuming the worst here. I mean there's plenty of times Superman comes across Lobo and more than stands his own. I mean, check out the animated Man of Tomorrow just last year. This is probably gonna be fun.

AHHHHH YOU BEAT ME! lmao.

Well I wanted another Black Label Superman book since Miller’s Year One was trash, and we got it! Seeley is a very Morrison inspired creator, so I’m actually looking forward to this. Does anyone else find it kind of wild how Deathstroke and Lobo have kind of become Batman and Superman Rogues? With Lobo that originates in the DCAU, but I just find it interesting how the evil mercenary counterparts to the main heroes have become official Rogues.
    I always thought Lobo was a Superman rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    I always thought Lobo was a Superman rogue.
    Originally I believe he was not, but like Deathstroke and Batman, Lobo and Superman have become tied together thanks to outside media pairing the two of them up. I think the DCAU was what really sealed the deal.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Originally I believe he was not, but like Deathstroke and Batman, Lobo and Superman have become tied together thanks to outside media pairing the two of them up. I think the DCAU was what really sealed the deal.
    The believe,Bruce timm thinks the boyscout needed something to play off.I think he is right.Those really brought out the best in superman for me.

"I guess that boy is just a sucker for hard luck cases"
    Bringing home strays is what exactly i would see clark doing.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

https://twitter.com/hackintimseeley/...806519298?s=21
    And to me, superpowers are just metaphor and/or visual pizazz. Superman is the best superhero comic character cuz he rocks a comic page.
    Hope that reassured you guys lol (he does say as a writer Lobo is even more fun to write which I can understand since there are fewer restrictions on what can and can’t be done with Lobo). But he clearly likes Superman.

https://twitter.com/hackintimseeley/...806519298?s=21

Hope that reassured you guys lol (he does say as a writer Lobo is even more fun to write which I can understand since there are fewer restrictions on what can and can’t be done with Lobo). But he clearly likes Superman.
    Yeah, I really didn't have much doubt regarding this.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...ode%2F45137262

Seeley was on WB to talk about his upcoming books including Superman vs. Lobo, plan to listen later

-The book came about from Seeley talking with Jaime Rich, they wanted to do something with a Superman cast member in the style of Money Shot, and Seeley suggested Lobo and Superman together
    -The book is about why some people like Lobo, who is the worst person in the DCU, by pairing him up with Supes who is a foil for him in terms of being the best person in the DCU; the book explores their relationship through the eyes of two horny ladies who want to bang Lobo ()
    -Seeley reiterated that BL has changed from being an “adult” imprint to just sort of being the evergreen standalone trade label
    -One of the jokes is that Lobo literally can’t swear when Supes is around so all of his curses get blacked out
    -Lmao Siuntres suggested Seeley put Terra-Man in the book and Seeley didn’t even know who that was but he needed some characters for a big group shot so he’ll try to do it , then after he started looking Tobias up he thinks he has a place in his story, Terra-Man is back!
    -Tone of the book is very “gory and goofy”
    -Seeley said it’s basically Silver Age Superman and 80s Lobo meeting each other since it’s out of continuity, there will be lots of weird deep dives into Lobo’s 80s and 90s history
    -Seeley, Mirka, and Sarah all hated New 52 “Twilight” Nubo so he’s not mentioned or used here
    -Big part of the Superman/Lobo relationship is how they’re both last sons of their worlds but for completely different reasons, and Seeley teases that the other Last Sons like J’onn will be showing up as well
    -Pandemic has been great for sales from Seeley’s perspective, all of his sales numbers for all of his stuff rose
    -Seeley has been working on SvL since last Sept/Oct

Book sounds like it will be funny as hell to me. The more oversensitive of the Superman fandom will probably get riled though, because this is 100% going to poke funny at both Superman and Lobo.

[QUOTE=Vordan;5569039]-The book is about why some people like Lobo, who is the worst person in the DCU, by pairing him up with Supes who is a foil for him in terms of being the best person in the DCU; the book explores their relationship through the eyes of two horny ladies who want to bang Lobo ()[/QUOTE[
    Well, that's...something.
    -Seeley reiterated that BL has changed from being an “adult” imprint to just sort of being the evergreen standalone trade label
    Makes sense. Especially the stuff getting re-printed as Black Label.
    -One of the jokes is that Lobo literally can’t swear when Supes is around so all of his curses get blacked out
    That's hilarious.
    -Lmao Siuntres suggested Seeley put Terra-Man in the book and Seeley didn’t even know who that was but he needed some characters for a big group shot so he’ll try to do it , then after he started looking Tobias up he thinks he has a place in his story, Terra-Man is back!
    I'll take it!
    Basically Seeley's wheelhouse.
    -Seeley, Mirka, and Sarah all hated New 52 “Twilight” Nubo so he’s not mentioned or used here
    Did they ever explain what New 52 Lobo was all about? Feels like a fever dream nobody knew what to do with.
    -Big part of the Superman/Lobo relationship is how they’re both last sons of their worlds but for completely different reasons, and Seeley teases that the other Last Sons like J’onn will be showing up as well
    Reminds me of Man of Tomorrow.
    -Pandemic has been great for sales from Seeley’s perspective, all of his sales numbers for all of his stuff rose
    Good for him!

Incredible Member

-The book came about from Seeley talking with Jaime Rich, they wanted to do something with a Superman cast member in the style of Money Shot, and Seeley suggested Lobo and Superman together
    -The book is about why some people like Lobo, who is the worst person in the DCU, by pairing him up with Supes who is a foil for him in terms of being the best person in the DCU; the book explores their relationship through the eyes of two horny ladies who want to bang Lobo ()
    -Seeley said it’s basically Silver Age Superman and 80s Lobo meeting each other since it’s out of continuity, there will be lots of weird deep dives into Lobo’s 80s and 90s history

Book sounds like it will be funny as hell to me. The more oversensitive of the Superman fandom will probably get riled though, because this is 100% going to poke funny at both Superman and Lobo.
    A competition of which of the two can get more outrageously silly? Sounds like everything I could have ever wanted from a Superman vs Lobo book.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

This is sounding better and better. Read the first two Hack/Slash omnibus books a few months ago, seems like this will fit the "gory and goofy" ethos perfectly. The no swearing thing sounds like gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    A competition of which of the two can get more outrageously silly? Sounds like everything I could have ever wanted from a Superman vs Lobo book.
    Yes. There needs to be a speedo competition.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

He wrote him in Nightwing Rebirth and the BatCat Wedding Specials where Supes and Nightwing threw Bruce a bachelor party, and I though he did a good job in those with him.

Andolfo really loved Lobo apparently which is funny to me since I know her mostly as a cheesecake/cutesy artist.
    Some people can surprise you. I remember NK Jemisin talking about GL after she did a deep dive and revealing Guy was one of her favorite Green Lanterns. Guy Gardner, of all people.

She's got great taste.

I won't begrudge Andolfo for liking Lobo, however. Everyone's allowed their occasional indulgence of truly awful ****.