Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    lol.

Succinct Superman .

I liked this. There is a threat, yes. But the main entertainment is the interactions between Lobo and Supes.

And who knew? Lobo stuffing a sign up a gigantic water bear's butt was viewed as a "heroic"!

lol, Lobo's a Karen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    lol, Lobo's a Karen.

Well, his drink was just smashed by a large rock. The nerve of the hotel not to have some sort of barrier in place to prevent that in the first place! He should speak with the District Manager!

This was a dumb but funny as hell book, I enjoyed it a lot! Surprisingly wholesome as well.

Gaius got my favorite part so I’m going with my second favorite lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, his drink was just smashed by a large rock. The nerve of the hotel not to have some sort of barrier in place to prevent that in the first place! He should speak with the District Manager!
    He's gonna leave on Hell of a Yelp review.

This was so much fun. There was some absurdity that was very reminiscent of classic Lobo stories. I loved that Seeley threw in some of the craziness of Superman’s world to match it (Giant Turtle Boy!).

Lobo has destroyed worlds in so many different ways, but here he used a new and more powerful weapon…misinformation!

The anti-savers had me cracking up.

I’ve seen other writers do it before, but it’s long passed time that Lex tries to create his own media empire to combat the Daily Planet. Where the news spin is all anti-Superman. In the 80s they made him the ultimate evil of the time, a corrupt businessman. A media mogul is a logical next step to modernize Lex.
    Last edited by Robotman; 08-25-2021 at 08:51 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

This was fun as heck! #supermanisover and lobo is a creative genius ain't no debating that.Also liked the first bit with clark and perry.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I only picked this up because I knew that one of my students would inevitably want to read it. This was much better than I was expecting.

It might as well have been called Superman vs. Trumpism. Not exactly subtle, but Lobo stories rarely are.

I could do without another thinly veiled ‘Trump is an idiot’ comic. In other news, water is wet, the sky is blue and death and taxes are inescapable. Is it too hard for writers to simply write a fun Superman adventure story?
    Last edited by Lvenger; 08-25-2021 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    I could do without another thinly veiled ‘Trump is an idiot’ comic. In other news, water is wet, the sky is blue and death and taxes are inescapable. Is it too hard for writers to simply write a fun Superman adventure story?
    This was one of the most fun Superman comics in years. It’s ridiculous and fun.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Considering the vast majority of Superman comics DC publishes have absolutely nothing to do with Trump, I think there's nothing wrong with DC giving readers a handful that do, particularly with a character like Lobo, who was specifically designed for parody and satire.

We've had decades upon decades of completely apolitical Superman comics, despite the fact that Seigel & Shuster's original character was steeped in politics. The character can be both. If this kind of thing isn't to your tastes, fair enough, but nobody is forcing you to read it. I mean, Superman '78 is pretty much exactly what you're talking about. It's about as straight-forward and fun as a Superman comic can get. Why not simply read that instead?

Huh, didn't really think of Trump when I was reading this but I've been blessed with not having to think about Cheeto Benito for a few months now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Considering the vast majority of Superman comics DC publishes have absolutely nothing to do with Trump, I think there's nothing wrong with DC giving readers a handful that do, particularly with a character like Lobo, who was specifically designed for parody and satire.

We've had decades upon decades of completely apolitical Superman comics, despite the fact that Seigel & Shuster's original character was steeped in politics. The character can be both. If this kind of thing isn't to your tastes, fair enough, but nobody is forcing you to read it. I mean, Superman '78 is pretty much exactly what you're talking about. It's about as straight-forward and fun as a Superman comic can get. Why not simply read that instead?
    If I recall, Lex Luthor of the 1980s was actually based on Trump. Though Lex is actually self-made, intelligent, and competent at times (when his ego doesn't get in the way).