Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Incredible Member

The politics were too cartoonish for me to actually take them seriously. I was more focused on the outrageous way they were used to further the comedy. But yeah, it did stung a little to see Perry going "both sides" on Lex Luthor. I guess I was okay with that anyway because this issue still gave us more Daily Planet content than almost anything this year... and frankly because I don't care about Perry all that much.

Extraordinary Member

Incredible Member

Could have sworn it was a 4 issue story. Looks good. I assume this'll end with Superman trolling Lobo again.

Extraordinary Member

Superman Vs. Lobo #2 Preview
    Writers: Tim Seeley and Sarah Beattie
    Artist: Mirka Andolfo

Shirtless Superman!

I'm not sure how I feel about Superman's mother in this one. Overall weaker issue than the first one, I think.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Well, it was fun while it lasted, but this was pretty much what I was expecting this story to be in the first issue and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't.

Guess I can't be too upset that this book isn't my bag. It was a long shot to begin with

My LCS didn’t get issue 2 in this week

Was that really necessary man?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    The presence o fthe WildCATs it is what interesting me the most.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about Superman's mother in this one. Overall weaker issue than the first one, I think.
    Did you like issue 1? I thought it was ok but it didn’t leave me very excited for more. Kinda wondering if I should even bother to check out issue 2. Seeley has disappointed me, was really interested in this but the comedy just isn’t landing for me.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Did you like issue 1? I thought it was ok but it didn’t leave me very excited for more. Kinda wondering if I should even bother to check out issue 2. Seeley has disappointed me, was really interested in this but the comedy just isn’t landing for me.
    This was a steep, steep stepdown from the first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    This was a steep, steep stepdown from the first issue.
    What a shame that’s two Black Label Superman projects that have been crap. Hope Waid can break the trend.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

What a shame that’s two Black Label Superman projects that have been crap. Hope Waid can break the trend.
    I thought Miller & Romita's Superman Year One was interesting enough, even if it wasn't altogether successful and completely fell apart by the last issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I thought Miller & Romita's Superman Year One was interesting enough, even if it wasn't altogether successful and completely fell apart by the last issue.
    Yeah, I'm fine with Year One because Miller was doing some weird things and it kinda makes you think about certain things related to Superman. Superman/Lobo doesn't give me this at all.

I liked it. If I had to give ratings I'd say that first issue was 7/10, while this was 5/10.

Main issue for me really is not even Clark's mother, but I thought that the jokes were kinda lame as well. First one worked for me because it played with real things, while here it just feels very detached. So Lobo's people are now nice, but actually they are not nice at all? Ok, so?

I'm not sure about third issue now, on one hand only one left, on another hand it doesn't feel like I'm going to like it much either.