Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Should Captain Carrot remain on Prime Earth/New Earth?

Captain Carrot had a triumphant return in Multiversity #1 (well technically in Final Crisis #7). With Marvel's incredible success with Rocket Raccoon should DC keep Cap around to fill a similar niche as the company's resident anthropomorphic animal superhero? Or maybe keep him on Earth 26 but allow him easy access to Prime Earth/New Earth whenever a good story opportunity comes up?
    They recently tried to introduce a sort of amalgam of both the original Captain Carrot and Rocket in the short lived space comic Threshold but that didn't turn out too well.

Captain K'Rot was kind of interesting but was really just a Rocket Raccoon knockoff. So DC is probably better off just using the version we saw in Multiversity.

"Who else wants to argue with cartoon physics!"
    Last edited by Robotman; 08-23-2014 at 06:34 AM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Nah I'd keep him in his own sandbox, but let him visit/we visit now and then. Cap'n Krot can be kinda cool, I think.

I would not be interested in reading that myself. But, as long as he stays out of the titles I read, I wouldn't begrudge the people who enjoy that sort of thing.
    You will need a miracle to defeat us, mutant! You are severely outnumbered!
    My brother's the one who cares about numbers.
    THUNK
    I'm the one who believes in miracles.

BANNED

Wow. i was just looking thru back issues of New Teen titans and see that his first appearance has increased in value.

BANNED

Children would love it.

What would he do to Hoppy the Marvel . . . I mean, Hoppy the SHAZAM! Bunny?

Last edited by MajorHoy; 08-23-2014 at 07:15 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I wouldn't mind a Captain Carrot series, as long as it had the right creators on it.

how would ch'p feel?

Astonishing Member

Captain Carrot should definitely remain on Prime Earth ... preferably mounted on a wall in Luthor's HQ.

Well, an anthropomorphic, talking super rabbit isn't the strangest thing DC has done. Hell, its not even the strangest thing they've done recently. So if it had a premise I found interesting and a creative team I didnt despise, I might give it a shot. It would probably take a lot to make me stick around but who knows? Could be the next Starman. But we're one issue into Multiversity, let's wait a little bit before we start calling for Captain Carrot to stick around in the main continuity. Let's see if he has anything more to him than a funny one liner and gag-joke appearance.

As for an anthology series (or something) exploring the multiverse, it's quite possible we'll get that when Multiversity ends. If it's popular enough, DC might just keep the "team" together (though with a different writer of course). And personally, I'd love that. It'd keep President Superman around, as well as offer a chance for characters from earths prime and 2 to hang out. Vibe could find a home there. And it'd likely be the best place for Captain Carrot to stay. Rocket Raccoon's fifteen minutes of fame notwithstanding, the market's not very friendly towards characters like Carrot.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

As an "outsider" now I don't have anything in the game anymore, but that sounds like a lot of "Metooism" to me. If they wanted to push an intelligent often misunderstood animal hero why wouldn't they use Detective Chimp? They had no problem using him Post Crisis before 52 started.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Captain Carrot had a triumphant return in Multiversity #1 (well technically in Final Crisis #7). With Marvel's incredible success with Rocket Raccoon should DC keep Cap around to fill a similar niche as the company's resident anthropomorphic animal superhero? Or maybe keep him on Earth 26 but allow him easy access to Prime Earth/New Earth whenever a good story opportunity comes up?
    DC already had the resident(Prime Earth) irritable space rodent anthropomorphic animal superhero character.
    He was already filling this supposed all "new" Rocket Raccoon niche.
    His name was Ch'p.

As to Cap.Carrot and Crew, I don't think they should be part of the prime Earth, but they should definitely have a shot at their own book and Earth again, and do occasional crossovers. As well with the Just'a Lotta Animals.
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-13-2019 at 07:42 AM.

That Ch'P animation makes me think of this awesome Sears commercial:

Johns tried to make Ch'p a sort of sidekick mentor for Simon Baz but I guess they dropped it.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Johns tried to make Ch'p a sort of sidekick mentor for Simon Baz but I guess they dropped it.
    I think you mean Bd'g. Last I remember of them being together was in an early issue of the JLA...
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 08-24-2014 at 06:26 PM.