Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post
    No doubt about that. The big question is if a similar book with Batman and sometimes other major heroes headlining and minor heroes in the back-ups would work in today's market. The price would probably be a big concern as it would quickly end up quite expensive.
    True. Comics are much more expensive today than they have to be.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    True. Comics are much more expensive today than they have to be.
    Expensive, yes. But "much more expensive today than they have to be"? That I doubt, considering the money DC probably has to pay to many writers, artists, and maybe even editors, as well as the decreased readership from long ago. (Fewer people reading = more money that has to be charged per the average reader.)

Always Rakzo

Someone mentioned in Twitter that the Prime Earth version (Captain K'Rot) is basically DC's answer to Rocket Raccoon and I totally see it.

They should exploit him considering that Rocket is currently pretty popular.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Expensive, yes. But "much more expensive today than they have to be"? That I doubt, considering the money DC probably has to pay to many writers, artists, and maybe even editors, as well as the decreased readership from long ago. (Fewer people reading = more money that has to be charged per the average reader.)
    I do agree with the readership effect on cost, however, what I meant by "much more expensive today than they have to be" is that some of those costs are from things that DC has brought upon themselves by raising the paper quality and not selling advertising.

I started a separate thread about the topic to keep from derailing this one.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Someone mentioned in Twitter that the Prime Earth version (Captain K'Rot) is basically DC's answer to Rocket Raccoon and I totally see it.

They should exploit him considering that Rocket is currently pretty popular.
    Except that the traditional CC we've gotten in one issue of Multiversity has already surpassed any impact the redux version made. Better to stick with what works.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Captain Carrot had a triumphant return in Multiversity #1 (well technically in Final Crisis #7). With Marvel's incredible success with Rocket Raccoon should DC keep Cap around to fill a similar niche as the company's resident anthropomorphic animal superhero? Or maybe keep him on Earth 26 but allow him easy access to Prime Earth/New Earth whenever a good story opportunity comes up?
    DC already had the resident(Prime Earth) irritable space rodent anthropomorphic animal superhero character.
    He was already filling this supposed all "new" Rocket Raccoon niche.
    His name was Ch'p.

As to Cap.Carrot and Crew, I don't think they should be part of the prime Earth, but they should definitely have a shot at their own book and Earth again, and do occasional crossovers. As well with the Just'a Lotta Animals.
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-13-2019 at 07:42 AM.

That Ch'P animation makes me think of this awesome Sears commercial:

Johns tried to make Ch'p a sort of sidekick mentor for Simon Baz but I guess they dropped it.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Johns tried to make Ch'p a sort of sidekick mentor for Simon Baz but I guess they dropped it.
    I think you mean Bd'g. Last I remember of them being together was in an early issue of the JLA...
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 08-24-2014 at 06:26 PM.

I think a Captain Carrot on-going could work as long as it's set on another Earth in the Multiverse. The right team is also super essential with it as well. Sterling Gates is by far my first choice to write it, mainly because I don't think Morrison would do it. I'm not sure what artist I'd put on it, but it should be someone with a cartoon-y style. Whoever did the Deadman story in Wednesday Comics would be perfect.

And I'm more curious as to who people would put on this book as the creative team more than anything else.

Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

I'd be happy if Captain Carrot and his Zoo Crew were still out there on Earth 26, just doing their own thing, and he showed up once in awhile for big events.

If they ever do a monthly book about a team that explores the Multiverse I hope they include Captain Carrot

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    Except that the traditional CC we've gotten in one issue of Multiversity has already surpassed any impact the redux version made. Better to stick with what works.
    Eh, thought that K'Rot had a pretty good personality and presence.

Why not having both?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Eh, thought that K'Rot had a pretty good personality and presence.

Why not having both?
    It'd be a kind of hoot if they ended up being best friends.....

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    The only benefit is if they wanted to build up interest in lesser characters before launching a solo series of their own.
    Otherwise, no... because they could just do another Batman title instead.
    Well, the right way to do an anthology is as a previous poster mentioned - copy how Weapon X ran through Marvel Universe Presents. Have a Batman or JL or Superman tale that matters (i.e. setting up the next event or giving good backstory that wouldn't otherwise be seen) written by Snyder or Johns and then stretch it out over 10-15 issues as one of the 3 tales. The other 2 can be anything and it will sell