Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Spider-man annual 2 preview

Surprised no one is talking about this
    It's looks great
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/07/02/ma...-man-annual-2/

looks like the preview page is out of order
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    looks like the preview page is out of order
    I think so too but can't figure out how they should go
    I think the last 2 should be interchanged but that still doesn't make sense
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 07-03-2021 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I think so too but can't figure out how they should go
    I think the last 2 should be interchanged but that still doesn't make sense
    its a double page spread that got split in two

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

its a double page spread that got split in two
    That makes sense.
    The panels seemed cut in half and continued weirdly.
    Thanks a lot.

So, wait, Ripley and Peter went to the same high school? Huh. I think she might be like a few years younger than him so they probably didn't go at the same time, but what a coincidence.

I'm glad they're not trying to portray Star as a good person or anti-hero at all.

And Peter was in the AV Club...?

Extraordinary Member

Did they ever before mention Ripley going to Midtown High?

Astonishing Member

Holy crap, this art is terrible…

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So, wait, Ripley and Peter went to the same high school? Huh. I think she might be like a few years younger than him so they probably didn't go at the same time, but what a coincidence.

I'm glad they're not trying to portray Star as a good person or anti-hero at all.

Wait how old is Ripley.
    I thought she would be like 25 max

They confirmed that they were going to go full villain with her and I'm here for it.

That's good world building and makes sense.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Holy crap, this art is terrible…
    Is it the layout.I just learned it's a double spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

curious.. in retrospect, the Lee/Ditko era don't show Peter as having much of a "geek peer" group, it's all about the Flash Thompson cohort of folks who largely can't stand him and Liz who goes along with it but privately likes him. It would have been great to see Peter interacting with the school science club, math club, chess club, etc..

Certain people out there like to insist that Peter was of the "Sheldon" (Big Bang Theory) geek personality where he's just "too extra" even for other nerdi-folk, which comes across to me as ridiculously egregious, but oh well... not sure if that's projection or what..

for whatever it's worth, I'd like to minimize the number of folks who turned out to go to Midtown High "along with" Peter.. Jessica Jones is one thing, one of Bendis's gotcha retcons.. but for Midtown High to end up becoming the Spider-Man strips' version of the X-Men's "Department H" where it's an unending wellspring of maladjusted former teenagers, I'm really not a fan of that.
    (future storyline: Midtown High was built upon a "Hellmouth", lol..)
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 07-03-2021 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Wait how old is Ripley.
    I thought she would be like 25 max

They confirmed that they were going to go full villain with her and I'm here for it.

That's good world building and makes sense.
    Would still make sense Peter being 29 he would be a junior/ senior to her freshman year

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    curious.. in retrospect, the Lee/Ditko era don't show Peter as having much of a "geek peer" group, it's all about the Flash Thompson cohort of folks who largely can't stand him and Liz who goes along with it but privately likes him. It would have been great to see Peter interacting with the school science club, math club, chess club, etc..

Certain people out there like to insist that Peter was of the "Sheldon" (Big Bang Theory) geek personality where he's just "too extra" even for other nerdi-folk, which comes across to me as ridiculously egregious, but oh well... not sure if that's projection or what..

for whatever it's worth, I'd like to minimize the number of folks who turned out to go to Midtown High "along with" Peter.. Jessica Jones is one thing, one of Bendis's gotcha retcons.. but for Midtown High to end up becoming the Spider-Man strips' version of the X-Men's "Department H" where it's an unending wellspring of maladjusted former teenagers, I'm really not a fan of that.
    (future storyline: Midtown High was built upon a "Hellmouth", lol..)
    I loved the Jessica Jones retcon.One of the good things Bendis did in 616.

I wouldn't mind Ripley being in Midtown.Maybe Peter was a senior and they interacted, I'd be down for that.Just don't make this a habit.
    One-two people who had something common with Peter's past per decade is okay.

Extraordinary Member

Would still make sense Peter being 29 he would be a junior/ senior to her freshman year
    Exactly.
    I hope they did interact.
    Sorta a JJ things.

Granted, if they did interact I feel like Peter would have mentioned it by now, but maybe they're saving that up for later.