Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    This is proof that she stacks abilities straight from her/her creator's mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    She literally says it on panel. Someone even went to the effort to post the proof. If you didn't want an answer, why did you bother to ask the question?
    Both of these, here I am thinking the posted scans literally goes into detail in several different situations where Rogue states verbatim that her abilities are stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Both of these, here I am thinking the posted scans literally goes into detail in several different situations where Rogue states verbatim that her abilities are stacked.
    Well, first of all "aggregate" means combine. Which I'm fine with. What I'm seeing is the Class 100+ strength of Thor, the flight, enhanced speed and 7th sense of Ms. Marvel and the fighting abilities of Captain America.

What im asking is if Rogue stacks abilities. Let's say she touches Spider-man (10 tons) with her original Ms. Marvel (50 tons) strength level. Would she still be 50 tons or would she be 60 tons?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Well, first of all "aggregate" means combine. Which I'm fine with. What I'm seeing is the Class 100+ strength of Thor, the flight, enhanced speed and 7th sense from Ms. Marvel and fighting abilities of Captain America.

What im asking is if Rogue stacks abilities. Let's say she touches Spider-man (10 tons) with her original Ms. Marvel (50 tons) strength level. Would she still be 50 tons or would she be 60 tons?
    Honestly, did you post this just because you hoped someone would give you a concrete no, or did you just want to say stack a lot? Several people have provided on-panel evidence. There isn't much to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Honestly, did you post this just because you hoped someone would give you a concrete no, or did you just want to say stack a lot? Several people have provided on-panel evidence. There isn't much to argue.
    Nothing on panel shows she is stacking strength levels. While she can increas her strength level by absorbing the strength of someone stronger, does she stackpile the strength levels? I think my mistake was saying "abilities" and not specifying " strength levels". My bad...sorry.

What I'm asking "If Character A can lift 20 tons and Character B can lift 50 tons does that mean if Rogue combined their abilities she could lift 70 tons?
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 05-25-2021 at 08:31 AM.

Nothing on panel shows she is stacking strength levels. While she can increas her strength level by absorbing the strength of someone stronger, does she stackpile the strength levels? I think my mistake was saying "abilities" and not specifying " strength levels". My bad...sorry.

What I'm asking "If Character A can lift 20 tons and Character B can lift 50 tons does that mean if Rogue combined their abilities she could lift 70 tons?
    I would say "Yes".
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Ms Marvel (Carol) was not 10 to 50 tons back then, she was "at least 50 tons" according to Marvel. While Carol probably did go up a bit higher later, Rogue got at least 50 tons of strength from her.
    Originally. Ms. Marvel could lift 10 tons. Then she became Binary and went to Class 100, then she started losing her Binary abilities and dropped to 50 tons. She stabilized and now do between 80 to 200 tons.

Originally. Ms. Marvel could lift 10 tons. Then she became Binary and went to Class 100, then she started losing her Binary abilities and dropped to 50 tons. She stabilized and now do between 80 to 200 tons.
    I never saw anything where Carol could only lift 10 tons. As Ms Marvel, Carol was listed by Marvel to lift "at least 50 tons".

You may be mixing her up with Sharry, Ms Marvel II who lifted 10 tons in human mutate form and 70 tons while as She-Thing.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

I would say "Yes".
    if that's true. That blows my mind because that means Rogue's potential strength level is unmatchable.

I never saw anything where Carol could only lift 10 tons. As Ms Marvel, Carol was listed by Marvel to lift "at least 50 tons".

You may be mixing her up with Sharry, Ms Marvel II who lifted 10 tons in human mutate form and 70 tons while as She-Thing.
    No, when Carol first started out as Ms. Marvel she was 10 tons. She was weaker than Mar-vell cause you know a woman can't be stronger than her male counterparts...70's comic logic.

As a matter of fact, Marvel talks about it in Rogue's OHOTMU write up. 80's Rogue was way stronger (50 tons) than Carol (10 tons) and it was caused by some unknown X-factor.

As of right now, I'll say Carol can support the weight of Celestial (less then 200 tons) at maximum output.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 05-25-2021 at 09:55 AM.

I do not feel that Rogue is potentially limitless with what she can lift or any other power "stacking", as I am sure she must have limits.

But for strength, I think she can stack at least 3-4 Cl 100s. Now that Rogue has been reset a few times and is in control of her powers, the limits of her stacking may be greater than before?

Spectacular Member

Even with those examples, it’s not clear she’s “stacking” them in the way that you mean. It can still be interpreted that “aggregate” powers mean different abilities/powers.

For instance, if Rogue absorbed both of our “abilities”, say our strength, and we could each lift 200 lbs. as regular old humans, I don’t believe that that she'd then be able to lift 400 lbs more than what she does. I think she would just take the best example of how we manage to lift the weight.

However, if you derived your strength from elemental earth, and my strength was demonic in origin, I think she would “combine” the abilities to lift 400 lbs.

So I do think in the first example that she's building on the strength of the individuals she's leeched: Ms. Marvel (cosmic origin), Thor (Asgardian/mystical), and Captain America (top notch human).

I agree with the other post that Captain's strength isn't even worth taking into account. Even if he can lift about 600-700 lbs, it's nothing when added to Ms. Marvel and Thor, who can each lift 100's of tons.
    Last edited by Grimsmack; 05-25-2021 at 11:11 AM.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Rogue is more powerful than Superman. She once stacked abilities to stop a Celestial.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Well, first of all "aggregate" means combine. Which I'm fine with. What I'm seeing is the Class 100+ strength of Thor, the flight, enhanced speed and 7th sense of Ms. Marvel and the fighting abilities of Captain America.

I guess I should what proof do you have that she only takes the "best" parts of the abilities she absorbs? It seems to me based on her history and the information posted it this thread. Rogue can stack the abilities she absorbs whether the writer chooses to demonstrates that is a different question.

But in the panel with Wonderman, specifically mentions the combined strength of Thor, Capt. America, and Ms. Marvel allowed her to overpower him same in the instance she absorbs Colossus' powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsmack View Post
    Even with those examples, it’s not clear she’s “stacking” them in the way that you mean. It can still be interpreted that “aggregate” powers mean different abilities/powers.

For instance, if Rogue absorbed both of our “abilities”, say our strength, and we could each lift 200 lbs. as regular old humans, I don’t believe that that she'd then be able to lift 400 lbs more than what she does. I think she would just take the best example of how we manage to lift the weight.

However, if you derived your strength from elemental earth, and my strength was demonic in origin, I think she would “combine” the abilities to lift 400 lbs.

So I do think in the first example that she's building on the strength of the individuals she's leeched: Ms. Marvel (cosmic origin), Thor (Asgardian/mystical), and Captain America (top notch human).

I agree with the other post that Captain's strength isn't even worth taking into account. Even if he can lift about 600-700 lbs, it's nothing when added to Ms. Marvel and Thor, who can each lift 100's of tons.
    That's what in talking about. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Rogue is more powerful than Superman. She once stacked abilities to stop a Celestial.
    Celestials are actually liter than air and weigh around 200 tons.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I guess I should what proof do you have that she only takes the "best" parts of the abilities she absorbs? It seems to me based on her history and the information posted it this thread. Rogue can stack the abilities she absorbs whether the writer chooses to demonstrates that is a different question.

But in the panel with Wonderman, specifically mentions the combined strength of Thor, Capt. America, and Ms. Marvel allowed her to overpower him same in the instance she absorbs Colossus' powers.
    I'm not saying she can't combine powers, I'm ask if she can add to them. 100 +100= 200

If she using her classic strength level of 50 tons and absorb Spider-man's strength 10 tons. Do we add that 10 tons to her 50 tons, putting her at 60 tons with all of Spider-man's abilities. Or does she retain her superior 50 tons strength... along with Spider-man's enhanced agility, spider sense and speed?
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 05-25-2021 at 01:46 PM.

I mean the aggregate example is one thing, but the Juggernaut panel says "with his strength augmenting mine" that's not combination that's clearly saying her strength was increased by adding Juggernauts onto hers.

Augment definition: make (something) greater by adding to it; increase.

We've never gotten her saying she replaces a power with another or the strongest one.

I think you are sort of treating Rogue like Mimic who clearly has a set limit he can absorb at a time. Rogue's never had to "replace" a power with another when taking abilities; she just adds to them.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I would say yes. That's what happened in Uncanny Avengers vol. 1.
    "Cable was right!"