Incredible Member

Default DC Comics reveals ‘The Joker Presents: A Puzzlebox’ #1 coming this August

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/05/25/dc...g-this-august/

DC Comics has announced a new seven-part series from Matthew Rosenberg, Jesús Merino, Joshua Hixon and Ulises Arreola that’ll put Joker in a new kind of box. A puzzle-box! Titled The Joker Presents: A Puzzlebox #1, the series is set to kick off August 3rd. Each issue will run $4.99 and feature 40 pages of story.

As an added bonus, readers who use DC Universe Infinite will gain access to additional clues to help readers “stay ahead of the Joker.”

So what’s it about?

Superstar writer Matthew Rosenberg, magnificent artist Jesús Merino, and a multitude of rising-star artists invite you to spend a night in the Gotham Central interrogation room to make sense of murder, mayhem, and mystery—as told by the Clown Prince of Crime himself! Can you solve this puzzle before the sun comes up?

They're really pushing Joker a lot lately.

Interesting premise though. Nice to see Bullock .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least, this comic had already been announced months ago: https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-announ...w-2021-titles/

Deathstroke Inc.
    Harley Quinn Animated Series sequel
    A Wonder Woman 80th Anniversary title
    Elseworld (1/2 of the new center of the new DC Omniverse)
    "DC Vampires" (described as a working title)
    Robin and Batman
    Joker: A Puzzle Box
    The Legend of Batman
    Crush and Lobo
    Nubia and the Amazons
    DC Middle Ages

Interesting premise though.
    It would have suited Riddler better though, especially as he's in the upcoming movie. So lazy putting Joker in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It would have suited Riddler better though, especially as he's in the upcoming movie. So lazy putting Joker in everything.
    I didn't even think of that...

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Good point. But that being said, I'm still a bit intrigued by this, and so may give it a shot. And it's possible by story's end we'll understand why Joker was used instead of Riddler.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Amazing Member

The idea is neat, but it comes down to if the writing can do it justice.
    I think the idea has more potential with Riddler, but you can do crazier things imo with the Joker in such a role.

We will see.

Spectacular Member

Has anyone read any Rosenberg stuff that blew you away/was really really great? Everything I've read has been workmanlike and solid but maybe I've missed something.

I'm confused by the small bit of synopsis. Is this a murder mystery and they already know Joker did it and are just trying to get him to clarify the sequence of events or...?

He's been in a lot of their best selling Batman comics, which makes them put him in more comics, which means he's in more bestselling comics in a circular loop and he's been in 2 movies that've made over a billion dollars now.

Problem is, while the Riddler is in an upcoming movie, he's never been in a billion dollar movie before. If The Batman proves successful though and the new version of Riddler gets even half the buzz Ledger's or Phoenix's Joker has? Then we'll see much more of a Riddler push in the books after that. But I don't thin he'll get that push before the movie no.
    Last edited by Vakanai; 05-29-2021 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm confused by the small bit of synopsis. Is this a murder mystery and they already know Joker did it and are just trying to get him to clarify the sequence of events or...?

He's been in a lot of their best selling Batman comics, which makes them put him in more comics, which means he's in more bestselling comics in a circular loop and he's been in 2 movies that've made over a billion dollars now.

Problem is, while the Riddler is in an upcoming movie, he's never been in a billion dollar movie before. If The Batman proves successful though and the new version of Riddler gets even half the buzz Ledger's or Phoenix's Joker has? Then we'll see much more of a Riddler push in the books after that. But I don't thin he'll get that push before the movie no.
    To be honest I think Riddler is still enough of a name to sell a mini-series, but that's just me.

I don't think he needs an excuse for a push because he's already a name. Like Penguin, Two-Face, Ivy, etc.

To be honest I think Riddler is still enough of a name to sell a mini-series, but that's just me.

I don't think he needs an excuse for a push because he's already a name. Like Penguin, Two-Face, Ivy, etc.
    I agree - but I don't believe that WB/DC agrees with us.