Default Buffy the Vampire Slayer vs Cecily Bain

Bain has both Presence and Dominate at low levels. Does Buffy have any feats for resisting mind control or emotional manipulation? If not i can see Buffy taking this.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
    Bain has both Presence and Dominate at low levels. Does Buffy have any feats for resisting mind control or emotional manipulation? If not i can see Buffy taking this.
    Yes, actually. In the Dracula episode, he is able to mind control her at the beginning, but by the end of the episode she just ignores it, specifically calling out his inability to enthrall her. She also eventually overcomes a mind-control poison that had her believing she was a crazy normal human locked in an asylum.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

She resisted the Master in their rematch too. Generally when she's on her game, she seems able to refuse direct "look into my eyes and do what I say" type mind control. She somewhat kicked herself out of the magic love-me jacket's spell too; rather she was still affected by it, but she was able to say no to it when it came down to Dawn's safety. On the other hand, bigger things have gotten her more than once, so I'd say low level Dominate she's got a good chance of resisting, but a serious Ventrue or something isn't going to have any trouble with her.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Well in that case, looking at Bain's official stats, and iirc Buffy's feats correctly, Buffy is stronger, tougher, faster and a better fighter. So if she can resist the Presence and Dominate whammies, she takes this comfortably.