Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    Just looking for clarification here, we're supposed to post a cover that wasn't actually published? i.e. a fan-made or commissioned 'cover' right?
    ^^^Sorry about any confusion but this...

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yes, he means post a fake cover that was not for the real comic.
    ...is what I was going for, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

I almost went with this idea the last time it was my turn to create a contest.
    ^^^ha, the cover that started that whole conversation!

Quote Originally Posted by Kai "the spy" View Post
    Btw, the copy/paste procedure with the rules don't quite work with this theme, specifically rule #2.
    ^^^well, hopefully you didn’t just give anyone the incentive to lock/delete this thread by pointing that out.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 05-26-2021 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^well, hopefully you didn’t just give anyone the incentive to lock/delete this thread by pointing that out.

Can't you edit it?

Can't you edit it?
    No need, because Rule #7 states:
    "7) It's Okay to Discuss the Covers but if you Think Someone's Entry Doesn't Fit the Theme or Violates the Rules, you Don't need to Argue it in the thread, Simply Don't Vote for It!"

So we all just agree that Rule #2 doesn't apply to this week and not worry about it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I wasn’t sure I kept the link I found… Yes, I did!

This one made me laugh. For those who've not seen the music video, All the members of Queen dressed in drag for this, a sort of homage to the long running series Coronation Street. Unfortunately, it led to MTV instituting a no play order for this video. It resulted to being blacklisted on the channel. Some members of Queen feel that they lost a great deal of the audience in the U.S. because of it. When the band played this in Brazil, the crowd threw rocks at them.

I thought people were over this even back then. I used to watch Monty Python's Flying Circus on PBS back in the day and they were constantly dressing in drag because aside from an occasional appearance by Carol Cleveland they seldom used a female performer with the group.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-26-2021 at 03:16 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

The cover that just had to be done!

Real then edited then redrawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

One of the all-time best parody comic books was the Son O' God series than ran in National Lampoon in the early 1970s. It was brilliant in concept and execution, and they made the inspired choice to have Neal Adams draw the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    This one made me laugh. For those who've not seen the music video, All the members of Queen dressed in drag for this, a sort of homage to the long running series Coronation Street. Unfortunately, it led to MTV instituting a no play order for this video. Some members of Queen feel that they lost a great deal of the audience in the U.S. because of it. When the band played this in Brazil, the crowd threw rocks at them.

I thought people were over this even back then. I used to watch Monty Python's Flying Circus on PBS back in the day and they were constantly dressing in drag because aside from an occasional appearance by Carol Cleveland hey seldom used a female performer with the group.
    I didn’t know that people made such a fuss about this video… It seemed to me a wonderful hymn to humour and freedom. And I didn’t know Coronation Street…

It makes a sense that it was received the best in UK where the connection to the TV show was obvious.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I've always said Uatu was a peeping Tom, and here's the proof!

Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 05-27-2021 at 01:20 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Very creative covers here
    Last edited by Shalla Bal; 05-26-2021 at 11:30 AM.

I took a quick look and there are still some more really great fake covers out there for the taking.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Can't you edit it?
    My bad, man.
    My humor’s out of whack, I -was- trying to be funny.

Not an entry but my time in prison made me laugh at this.

Attached Images Attached Images
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    Attachment 109924

Alrighty, then, here's a cover I did years ago for a t-shirt contest.
    My, you do love these little horses…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

You really had me going baby
    Come on! Give me a break!
    You really had me going baby
    How come you're such a Fake

For some context, this cover by Mark Lewis is one of a multitude of covers for comics that never existed that appeared in the two-part "The Big Bang History of Comics": a pastiche/homage of The Steranko History of Comics that ran in Big Bang Comics 24 & 27, presenting the fictional history of Big Bang comics from the golden Age to the present.