Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    616 is life 10. Not sure why fans get confused on this point.
    They are not, is just concern trolling

BANNED

The old raven would’ve shot the doctor in the gut before transforming into her dead husband to taunt her and deliver the killing blow. Then she would’ve had some fun with the grunts, breaking a few necks, squeezing a few heads between thighs, just to saunter off toward the portal while tossing the bomb over a shoulder on the way out.

But don’t play, the x-books are still the best they’ve ever been and that’s on Hickman.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Omegas are not the be all and end all. As we've seen with Quintin on multiple occasions an omega can be nutrilized with power dampening tech and Nimrod can adapt and evolve to counter any mutant abilities. Orchis is no pushover, Krakoa is going to have a fight on their hands and they may not win it.
    What strikes me as odd is that 'Omega' is just a designation someone holds until someone better comes along, for the most part, and yet Arakko shows up with umpteen quadrillion new mutants, at least a dozen of them Omegas, and not one of the ones we know gets bumped from their top dog slot?

'Cause it would be effing hilarious (to me) if one of those nameless prehistoric schmucks was 10% better at telepathy than Chuck, or a smidge more 'Omega' at magnetokinesis than Magneto and booted their narrow old butts off the big boys list and into the coulda-been-a-contendah pile.

Or the other way around. Some muckety-muck on the Arakko version of the Quiet Council *was* their 'Omega' of weather manipulation, but he's not quite up to Storm standards, and he feels's gonna have to gank her to keep his seat. (Good luck with that nameless stone age schmuck...)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 05-28-2021 at 03:50 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I actually would not mind if Magneto was no longer on the "Omega´s list" and Xavier is still considered an "Alpha level mutant who is extremely good at what he does. Being an omega is new for Magneto he used to be an Alpha mutant or just pretty powerful and I think not being that powerfull forces characters to be more resorcefoul in other areas, for example, Magneto was the first character to use, I miss the days when Magneto was not only powerful but a great scientist too, who fought using science and skill along with his powers but the last time he was written that way was during his fight with Proteus during Carey´s run so I would not mind to see a come back of that take on him.

That said on this issue they were honestly horrible to Raven, there´s no briging back Irene and then there´s being just hateful and I wonder why Hickman is writting them this way, they are acting way too cold for no particular reason as if they are deliverately trying to push Raven to the deep end and they definitely should know better than that and are actually more emphatic than that.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Maybe they are?

Remember Moira herself hasn't been absolutely forthcoming with either if them either. They could very well have their own plans in motion and are deliberately pushing Raven to react. Who knows?

I. Can't. Wait. For. Inferno.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I agree wuth you we may not be seeing all the story there so yes I hope inferno brings some answers, I am excited to see Moira be an active agent with Charles and Magneto again
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T'Challa Bruce Von Doom View Post
    It was made very explicit that Irene's resurrection was contingent on Mystique's success.
    [...]

She returned having failed.

[...]

Irene would be moved to the front of the resurrection queue upon Mystique's success. "Only your failure prevents its completion." This was explicitly stated up front. Mystique failed, so she's owed nothing.
    So much this, lol. Seriously, Mystique's track record on that Orchis base is kinda bad. Not only that, but as some folks have theorized, maybe Mystique procrastinated instead of doing her job on the off-chance she'd get juicy intel on a potential resurrection shortcut. Say it's true and Chucks *knows*, why on Earth would he feel like doing her any favors?

That being said, I'm not saying the whole 'dangling Destiny's resurrection in front of Mystique' hasn't been a dick move since day one. I just don't get why this week's drama makes things particularly worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    What strikes me as odd is that 'Omega' is just a designation someone holds until someone better comes along, for the most part, and yet Arakko shows up with umpteen quadrillion new mutants, at least a dozen of them Omegas, and not one of the ones we know gets bumped from their top dog slot?

'Cause it would be effing hilarious (to me) if one of those nameless prehistoric schmucks was 10% better at telepathy than Chuck, or a smidge more 'Omega' at magnetokinesis than Magneto and booted their narrow old butts off the big boys list and into the coulda-been-a-contendah pile.

Or the other way around. Some muckety-muck on the Arakko version of the Quiet Council *was* their 'Omega' of weather manipulation, but he's not quite up to Storm standards, and he feels's gonna have to gank her to keep his seat. (Good luck with that nameless stone age schmuck...)
    The Omega definition was changed to avoid stuff like that, It is more potential height of your power thing than this guy is so powerful he can beat everyone thing. Combat strength is about control, proficiency, and speed that ability. Omegas are heavyweight lifters that can keep lifting bigger and bigger weights, being stronger helps in a fight but just being stronger doesn't mean you are going to win a fight. Hence Quire constantly dying in X-force

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    So much this, lol. Seriously, Mystique's track record on that Orchis base is kinda bad. Not only that, but as some folks have theorized, maybe Mystique procrastinated instead of doing her job on the off-chance she'd get juicy intel on a potential resurrection shortcut. Say it's true and Chucks *knows*, why on Earth would he feel like doing her any favors?

That being said, I'm not saying the whole 'dangling Destiny's resurrection in front of Mystique' hasn't been a dick move since day one. I just don't get why this week's drama makes things particularly worse.
    Hmm, actually Mystique wanting to see whether Erasmus was successfully resurrected by Dr Gregor's technology is a really good reason why she might have waited too late to activate the bomb instead of just doing it earlier. Didn't even think of that!

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Hmm, actually Mystique wanting to see whether Erasmus was successfully resurrected by Dr Gregor's technology is a really good reason why she might have waited too late to activate the bomb instead of just doing it earlier. Didn't even think of that!
    I was thinking about this. To this work she needs to know that Magneto and Xavier are playing her and will never ressurrect Destiny even if she was successful.
    waiting for nomrod get activated made her lose any chance of the mission being successful

So....while Xavier and Mags are jerkoffs of the highest order, Mystique did fail the deal.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Very interesting. Mystique surely isn't one to just trust Erik and Charles just because, so it makes perfect sense that she wanted to see the "resurrection" of Nimrod. At the end of day she wants Irene and she's not the type to care how she gets her back.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I agree, Sibling. Mystique knows Erik and Xavier don't trust her. Mystique being Mystique won't trust them to keep their word...no matter what agreements are made.

At this point they all seem to be playing each other, Moira---Erik and Charles---Mystique---Erik and Charles---Moira. And who knows to what end?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    At this point they all seem to be playing each other, Moira---Erik and Charles---Mystique---Erik and Charles---Moira. And who knows to what end?
    I did find it interesting that Moira at the end was reading Destiny's dream-diaries of the future.

Who knows what fun stuff lurks in those books.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I did find it interesting that Moira at the end was reading Destiny's dream-diaries of the future.

Who knows what fun stuff lurks in those books
    Rogue knows. X-Treme X-Men started as a quest for the diaries, but they kinda stopped when they realized Rogue already knew their contents having absorbed Irene in the past. Storm, Sage, Bishop, Gambit and Rogue should get back together and counter Charles/Moira/Magnus.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!