Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

maybe they wanted her to fail so they have an excuse not to resurrect Destiny?

maybe Nimrod is also needed for Moira's masterplan?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I get the feeling it won't end well for any involved. All of them seem to be arrogant in some way or biting off more than they can chew.
    I agree. But this also seems to be the favorite/standard voice of Hickman's characters.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    People have been predicting a new Inferno for over a year, and now it comes to pass. The big question is how much it will have to do with the original Inferno. Sinister is on Krakoa, we recently saw N'Astirh in Cable, though he's safely imprisoned, and Madelyne not being resurrected has been brought up multiple times. The image of the baby next to Moira's head implies a connection since the kidnapping of babies was a major part of the original Inferno.
    Sinister is cooking up babies in his new clone farm over at Arcade's place....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    One has to wonder why it took a freaking Nimrod for them to notice that a shape shifting mutant has infiltrated their high secruity facility?

Considering their mission and world view, they should have had scanners everywhere and monitored 24/7 if not by people than at least machines. Heck put a massive X-gene damper bubble over the whole facility while they are it. Especialy with the whole attack on the Mothermold in the past.

It's like running a nuclear power plant and not having any geiger counters or other radiation measuring devices anywhere.
    Headcanon: Forge

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    This has been great. Ironically the efforts of Xavier and Magneto have only succeeded in creating a more dangerous and angry Nimrod and angering Mystique. They are jerks.

Interesting that Moira has the Destiny diaries.

Inferno should probably be Hickman's new series and it looks like Moira, Xavier, Magneto, Mystique and Emma are going to be protagonist. So I guess that's why it was that hint in Marauders that Emma knows about Moira.
    Can´t argue with this, I think they just made things worse without any need and I don´t understand why they would send Mystique to do something Magneto could have done by himself or at least send another X-men team to fight off Orchis.

Just bring back Irene please, they are already using her diaries, she can help them better than her old diaries anyway.

I am intrigued by inferno but I felt this story could have been more background explanation.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-26-2021 at 07:41 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    maybe they wanted her to fail so they have an excuse not to resurrect Destiny?
    I think they don't trust Moira either. She had read the diaries. Thats one of the reasons why didn't want to reveal her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Just bring back Irene please, they are already using her diaries, she can help them better than her old diaries anyway.
    The reason why they didn't want this to happen is because Irene might just reveal that Krakoa will not last as a safe heaven for mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I think they don't trust Moira either. She had read the diaries. Thats one of the reasons why didn't want to reveal her.
    Yeah, Magneto and Xavier don't agree on everything with Moira. The two of them want to resurrect Irene and tell the truth to the mutants in the future, Moira was against Sinister in Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Now that we can rule out Storm being in Inferno, there are three possibilities:
    Hickman makes two series
    Storm joins SWORD
    Storm series is written by someone else
    Storm and adult Cable together on SWORD would be awesome, and would definitely raise the book’s profile too.

Since we know that some of Destinys Diaries was written in a language that even Destiny didnt know, im wondering how Moira is able to read it. Im assuming that it was probably written in Krakoan without Destinys knowledge.

Last edited by Diammandis; 05-26-2021 at 07:51 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Mighty Member

Did it seem as if Mystique's murder by Magneto (and Xavier) is being set up with her now wanting to burn everything down? Maybe this is what leads to The Trial book?

Also, so all that big talk from Hickman about Storm having great things in her future was just talk?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Storm and adult Cable together on SWORD would be awesome, and would definitely raise the book’s profile too.
    I hope Hickman writes his book for his own story telling. Thats all I want.

Isn`t Storm on Rise of X poster was holding a black stone from SWORD #1?

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Also, so all that big talk from Hickman about Storm having great things in her future was just talk?
    I’m trying to remember: was that Hickman or JDW hyping up Storm’s future role?

Xavier & Mags are so smug when shit hits the fan I will not feel bad for them. I don't understand how no one has questioned the lack of restrictions for precognative mutants? Like if Mystique was smart she'd take this information to the public and make it political.