Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Great issue but i thought the final statement on Mutants now fear and hate humans to be a reach. It was like a BOOM, bomb in your face reach out of no where because none of the books have shown mutants to hate humans not even Hickman's own books so either it's just what this particular group of humans have told themselves or Hickman just did a complete 180 on his story and my literally first thought was "wait, is this saying that now the victims hate and fear and what will they do with that hate and fear being that now they are supposedly in the "position" of humans and someone being oppressed or scared ultimately leads to hating someone.:\

Then i thought it can't really being saying that, right. I mean there has always been an element of fear when it comes to mutant/humans and anyone would fear someone that hunts you and tries to eliminate you. While there is fear there has never been an implication of a universal hate. If mutants hate humans then the upcoming x-men would not exist. If they hated them they wouldn't have a rule not to kill them unless one is saying that rule is there because they feelo watching them excel will be what truly makes them sufffer. A lot to unpact here.

Feel bad for mystique but she did fail the mission so, eh. But yeah this is the first time i felt a weight of evil over all this.

But if this issue is saying that this has really been the overall narrative and this felt a little lazy on that level.

But then again if Xavier told the truth that the Krakoa Heroes actually failed in their missioin Krakoa would have no heros. So now we know why they told people to look at that pretender but worship the pretenders that don't even know they are pretending, much like Wanda. well played in that respect Hickman. Well played indeed.

I am low key amused and i don't know what else that i can't unsee this run as the redemption of wanda the parallels are just too great. The pretenders, the x-men who don't know they were pretenders after what was the most brutal point in their life were willing to do anything for a new start and like Wanda they "Changed the world" with just a few words. Then Wanda and co reigned in the house of M and that kind of went up in an inferno and here we are. I mean i think i appreciate the side writers even more now. Lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-26-2021 at 08:12 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Have we considered that the mission was more about stopping 1) Orchis being able to fully resurrect a human consciousness in Erasmus (and thus give humans a means of countering the protocols) and 2) in ensuring Nimrod’s human persona is lost, keep driving a wedge between baselines/cyborgs and machines (so that we get life 9 rather than life 6)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Isn`t Storm on Rise of X poster was holding a black stone from SWORD #1?
    Probably. She's been front and center in all the posters. And many have speculated she'd end up in SWORD but this is way too much waiting for such an important character to well be important.

My cynical self now thinks her "big future" will be her terraforming Mars in Planet X, and then they'll ignore her again. In other words, they'll have her shoot lightning and fail to develop her.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Isn`t Storm on Rise of X poster was holding a black stone from SWORD #1?
    Yes, that's why we think that maybe she is in SWORD

BTW was that Emma or that Saturyne chick on the Inferno teaser I couldn't tell they both look the same to me.

also i have a question since Charles has backed up Ravens minds wouldn't he know about what she was planning all along? and like vice versa wouldn't Raven be aware that Charles has backed up her memory and all of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    BTW was that Emma or that Saturyne chick on the Inferno teaser I couldn't tell they both look the same to me.
    It was Emma
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    also i have a question since Charles has backed up Ravens minds wouldn't he know about what she was planning all along? and like vice versa wouldn't Raven be aware that Charles has backed up her memory and all of that?

It was Emma
    Good point she's also died at least 3 times since Krakoa he has to know I think that's what him Erik, & Moira were talking about at the end.

BANNED

Like if Mystique was smart she'd take this information to the public and make it political.
    The pact between Charles/Mags and Mystique to bring back Irene?

Astonishing Member

Where did they think leading her on would end up ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    The pact between Charles/Mags and Mystique to bring back Irene?
    Is clearly some BS to keep her pliant she's not an idiot she should have realized after the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Where did they think leading her on would end up ?
    They arrogant & feeling themselves this always happens when they become besties again for long periods of time.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Xavier & Mags are so smug when shit hits the fan I will not feel bad for them. I don't understand how no one has questioned the lack of restrictions for precognative mutants? Like if Mystique was smart she'd take this information to the public and make it political.
    There aren't that many precogs for people to notice they are missing.

also look at sinster being somewhat precog;
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    There aren't that many precogs for people to notice they are missing.
    Relevant Precogs maybe but of the thousands, taken out between Genosha & M-Day I'm sure their were a bunch of Precogs.

“What about Irene?”
    “What about her?”

Damn. Kate was right. Professor Xavier is a jerk.