Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

so is tran back? the book just sort ends with her being the exact same, metal leg and all, and tran not coming back with her, which imo would have made the scene more impactful if the two were standing together after their resurrections. rest of the book was good, just the ending that dropped the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Another great issue by Ayala and Reis, they really turned this book into a little gem since they took it over.

With respect to Shan, the only thing that baffled me was that last panel with the mechanical leg... could it be a mistake? Or another "badge of honor" to jealously keep forever?
    This took me out of the entire issue. I don't buy at all that someone who lost a leg to maiming would choose to be resurrected without it intact. It's not like Karma was born with that disability, and Charles' resurrection protocol clearly involves having legs that work.

Great issue.

Loved the interplay between Dani / Karma in the Crucible. Having her return with the mechanical leg made no sense.

Anole / Cosmar were annoying, per usual, but cool issue overall.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    so is tran back? the book just sort ends with her being the exact same, metal leg and all, and tran not coming back with her, which imo would have made the scene more impactful if the two were standing together after their resurrections. rest of the book was good, just the ending that dropped the ball.
    Maybe Karma lied. She wanted to get Tran out of her head but had no intention of having a body ready for him. Savage!

All-New Member

I wouldn't be surprised if it's an artistic choice to help her stand out on the page. She doesn't have real flashy powers or costume, so Metal Leg helps her stand out from 'Asian Lesbian Wallpaper.'

It was a fun issue but the ending of both plots felt off. I felt like a page was cut somewhere.

Worrried about Gaby honestly, alone with that maniac? Not getting good vibes from it.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedblender View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's an artistic choice to help her stand out on the page. She doesn't have real flashy powers or costume, so Metal Leg helps her stand out from 'Asian Lesbian Wallpaper.'
    Why does she need to stand out on the page? The isssue was about her. She was the lead character; not some random background character. Anyone glancing this would have reocngnized her as Karma. Her power signature is unique to her and could have been used to make her stand out anyway. Finally, her leg was mostly obscured by her robe and its grey. It didnt even stand out in that panel and could have been hard to miss if not looking for it (which most of us were, given thats been a topic since this era)

Mighty Member

This constant discourse over karma's leg is so god damn lame.

Cause it's nothing more than an argument over aesthetics, since there's no actual narrative significance placed one way or the other on it.

The discourse exists purely between and for readers.

Do you guys think the next issue, the Gala, will have Shadow King doin his business, or he will appear only in issue #20? Hoping things get more dramatic.

And Vita Ayala confirmed on Twitter this was the last issue of Rod Reis on the book, but that were more things to come (meaning the book won't get canceled, I suppose).

Reis will be missed, Alex Lins have big shoes to fill, I hope he delivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Worrried about Gaby honestly, alone with that maniac? Not getting good vibes from it.
    Yeah, Wolfsbane must be one of the worse mentors I ever saw. These kids needs to have proper adult supervision

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Anole is getting on my last nerve! He’s too grown to be talking to Gabby like that.

This was probably the most emotional depiction of the Crucible and it think even surpassed the Storm and Callisto duel for me.

Regarding the mechanical leg... yeah that doesn’t make sense. I understand wanting disability rep, but then keep those characters AWAY from the resurrection protocols. It’s not even like Karma’s had the leg since she was a child so she’d be more used to it or anything.
    I think Karma getting her original leg back would have furthur inflamed Cosmar...
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Yeah, Wolfsbane must be one of the worse mentors I ever saw. These kids needs to have proper adult supervision
    I mean it tracks considering she made out with Elixir when he was a student.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I mean it tracks considering she made out with Elixir when he was a student.
    No surprises here, Wolfsbane should never be a teacher/mentor to the kids

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    This constant discourse over karma's leg is so god damn lame.

Cause it's nothing more than an argument over aesthetics, since there's no actual narrative significance placed one way or the other on it.

The discourse exists purely between and for readers.
    Wrong, sir, wrong! The people of Krakoa want and will get answers as to why wasn't her leg recovered in the resurrection process!