Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    They are dragging some storylines and this is a very simple page to show us the readers
    It's *THEIR* story,*NOT* yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Dilly Dilly!!!

She just wants her normal look back and to not look like she does. And Pretty Dani Moonstar pretty much craps all over that with her "your mutant self" crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Dani was very insensible with Cosmar, it is easy to tell others to suck up when things are easier to you. I think Dani is really taking Krakoa too seriously and not being reasonable

"Insensible?" Dani has no obligation to agree to kill her in the Crucible, just because that's what Cosmar asked her to do.
    Last edited by rf2044; 05-26-2021 at 07:52 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Pretty much.
    I would say she was more dismissive than insensitive. As she didn't really give Cosmar the time and attention she really needed to address her issues. But also...it was sort of the "wrong place wrong time" thing as well to bring up her desire to go through the Crucible.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Anyone notice this is starting to become a Dani solo lol

Mighty Member

Since we’ve seen so many of the younger students ok with their deaths and almost exhilarated by the thought of dying and being resurrected in Way of X, why doesn’t Cosmar just go off to any of the countries against Krakoa and get herself killed? Instead of whining about it, she can just “accidentally” get herself murdered.

Maybe Karma wrote in her “will” that she wanted the leg because she wasn’t really doing the Crucible for herself, but for Tran. It would be interesting seeing if at the last moment she decided she didn’t want Tran to be resurrected because of his actions over the years. I wonder if that’s even a possibility for two mutants sharing one body. Separate them with both having viable new bodies or the dominant good personality getting resurrected, while the other waits in an endless queue.

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post
    "Insensible?" Dani has no obligation to agree to kill her in the Crucible, just because that's what Cosmar asked her to do.
    She did it for Karma. but she could at least say that Cosmar is right (and she is right) that she will see a wy to fix her face without her dying

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Pretty much.
    I would say she was more dismissive than insensitive. As she didn't really give Cosmar the time and attention she really needed to address her issues. But also...it was sort of the "wrong place wrong time" thing as well to bring up her desire to go through the Crucible.
    Yeah wasn’t it at her Cypher’s wedding reception/ party? Definitely not the best time to ask your mentor who you don’t know that well to kill you in ritual combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Anyone notice this is starting to become a Dani solo lol
    Umm not at all. The entire Shadow King plot line has almost nothing to do with here and her presence her was about Karma.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 05-26-2021 at 08:38 PM.

Exactatiously.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ok, the Tran not being resurrected thing... I just figured that they would be separated but they didn’t necessarily grow a new husk for him yet... He’ll just end up in the queue.

The mechanical leg, though, bugged me enough to take me out of the story.. seriously.. bad enough we have no idea where they’re getting all this adamantium for Logan or whatever Angel’s wings are made of, but stuff like this needs to be fixed. There’s no logical reason characters would WANT to continue to be disabled. Forge. Karma. Hellion. Cyclops. Even Madrox got rid of his M tattoo. Xavier is walking. This was the writer’s opportunity to get rid of something annoying and pretty recent and she fumbled it...

It stinks because Dani tried to pair it with a 'love yourself and there's nothing wrong with you' thing. If she'd just said something like, No, I don't want to do the Crucible in general, and then made an exception for a close friend, that would have worked better.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Ok, the Tran not being resurrected thing... I just figured that they would be separated but they didn’t necessarily grow a new husk for him yet... He’ll just end up in the queue.

The mechanical leg, though, bugged me enough to take me out of the story.. seriously.. bad enough we have no idea where they’re getting all this adamantium for Logan or whatever Angel’s wings are made of, but stuff like this needs to be fixed. There’s no logical reason characters would WANT to continue to be disabled. Forge. Karma. Hellion. Cyclops. Even Madrox got rid of his M tattoo. Xavier is walking. This was the writer’s opportunity to get rid of something annoying and pretty recent and she fumbled it...
    Angel's wings is part of his mutation.

The other people are just casualties of war/accidents that should be removed when they are given a new body.

Side effects of their own mutation like Chamber/Cosmar is another matter of course.
    Last edited by ericng; 05-26-2021 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    It stinks because Dani tried to pair it with a 'love yourself and there's nothing wrong with you' thing. If she'd just said something like, No, I don't want to do the Crucible in general, and then made an exception for a close friend, that would have worked better.
    It sucks but how many educators whip out feel good messages when they don’t really know how to deal with a kids problem in the moment??

Also the story isn’t acting like Dani did the “right thing”, and I’m glad that we’re seeing the intricate ways that non-human mutants deal with the world. If Dani had given the Cosmar the perfect speech for her problems (while she was drunk and at one of her best friends weddings) then it wouldn’t have been realistic and we wouldn’t be getting this interesting follow-up.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 05-27-2021 at 04:25 AM.

No we wouldn't. Thank the Goddess!

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Angel's wings is part of his mutation.

The other people are just casualties of war/accidents that should be removed when they are given a new body.

Side effects of their own mutation like Chamber/Cosmar is another matter of course.
    I meant the Archangel metal wings.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    And that simple page showed that Tran wasnt there alongside Karma which means either he wasnt resurrected or there was something went wrong with trying to bring him back. Vita and Reis did not forget this important plot element in the story that they have created. Ya'll need to be patient. I'll reserve the right to stand corrected if this never comes up in future issues but it seems intentional rather than a massive oversight

Xavier even notes that separation is not guaranteed and if it happens, it could come at the cost of some permanent change to either of them. Im sure Vita will explore that as this data page wasnt thrown out there for nothing
    Or like the wrap up of most TV episodes before the fade to black,the focus was on what the episode was about(Best example of this to come to mind in a show is Babylon 5). Which in this case was Xi'an, not Tran.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 05-26-2021 at 10:08 PM.