Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Anole is an adult, Gabi is a child.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Anole is an adult, Gabi is a child.
    Anole is a teenager

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That's not why some (not all, some were already disfigured by their powers) Morlocks allowed Masque to disfigure them. If I remember correctly it was done simply to "brand" them as belonging to the society/family of Morlocks, the only family that wanted them. It's not that they couldn't leave...Tommy did...they didn't want to.
    Despite being famous for being the victims of a massacre (by other mutants on the order of a guy now pretending to be a mutant while being a major politician in a mutant nation), the Morlocks weren't a particular nice or pacifistic community.

Their society was essentialy retro-tribalistic with a pseudo-mystical worldview, which made them act like they were in the Hyborian Age and disregard many social norms or even basic human rights, leading to them doing things like abducting Angel and later Kitty Pryde for the purpose of forcing them into marriage with one of their own (first Callisto, later Caliban). Because according to their warped worldview these things are perfectly normal.

And it's not like they didn't knew better. Almost all Morlocks were normal people before their mutations kicked in. So they knew it was all made up and just a grand delusion they talked each other into.

It's also where one can get worried what Krakoa's society would develop into, if it had any chance to develop over longer time (the comics only allow fictional societies to really develop before they appear or when they get retconned into an existing one).

However it seems by now the Morlocks all seem to admit their society was quite messy and are now more connected by their sense of past kinship than claiming New York was some golden city of pretty angels from which they were cast down.

Speaking of which.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    I shudder to think what the Morlocks would've done to someone like Anole,especially after he started running his mouth. You can pretty much bet it wouldn't have been pretty. Literally.

Marrow should've pulled the little punk aside by now and explained the Facts Of Life to him.
    While she could certainly be used to provide her own viewpoint.
    I don't think she would be the best help on her own, given that beyond her past appearance issues, she also saw her entirely "tribe" get murdered, was transported to a pocket dimension were the order was "kill your way to the top or make stronger children", got her heart torn out by Storm because she tried to blow up a bunch of normal humans and worked for or with various problematic organisations.
    Not the best qualifications to be counselor.

Infact i have the feeling her solution for Cosmar would be to drag her into a ring and beat and cut her up to show her just how painfull it is to be in a life or death battle, either so she disregards the idea of the crucible or to trick her into assuming more controll over her powers so she heals her own wounds, proving she might just aswell start working on fixing her appearance.

Because with that kind of backround and violent temper she could very well be a believer in "tough love".

However this can make one wonder how good or bad she would get along with Gabby.
    Last edited by Grunty; 05-27-2021 at 07:02 PM.

Are you sure?
    My flag is bacon.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    but she could at least say that Cosmar is right (and she is right) that she will see a wy to fix her face without her dying
    Can't the morlock Masque fix her face back to normal without dying? or is there a limit to his powers?

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Can't the morlock Masque fix her face back to normal without dying? or is there a limit to his powers?
    As far as I kow, he hasn't been asked.
    My flag is bacon.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post

In what universe is 4 issues dragging a plot? I swear everyone on these boards praises Claremont for his long running plots that would sometimes takes years to come to fruition, but now after 4 issues a writer is taking too long to wrap things up.

Chris Claremont was the quaranteed writer for a long run over several decades so his plots can be long running and also his plots are so good.

Nowadays, the writers keep on changing and won't last more than 1 year.

If the plots can't be solved within her tenure, the plots will be left hanging just like X-Men & New Mutants team up recently which left a lot of issues hanging and unexplained eg. Madrox/Warlock merging.

It's best that we see a resolution to Tran and Rahne's son soon or else we would have to wait many years for future writers to solve something that Vita started.
    Last edited by ericng; 05-28-2021 at 04:52 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Unlike Claremont who probably believed he would still be writing his UXM 250 years later, so left a lot of things "open"...we know HiX-Man and Co. has a limited time frame in which to tell his big story and most likely already planned out how it's going to conclude. And while we do not know just how much time he is giving us...I'd guess we could see the Krakoa Era end-game sometime in 2023 if not sooner.

All things considered no writer today really wants to spend 20 years writing the same characters.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Anole is a teenager
    A heavily traumatized teenager, the New mutants, Gen-X, academy kids, they are all traumatized child soliders.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Anole is a teenager
    A teenager can be an adult

Amazing Member

So Karma DID choose to keep using the prosthetic. I mean, all this uproar could have been avoided with a sample text bubble. I was in my corner thinking that the resurrection process had many flaws and that the karma leg case was foreshadowing.

Well, the matter is settled, then. Karma voluntarily choose to stay disabled, it's not some imperfection of the resurrection process.
    Last edited by Pallas; 05-28-2021 at 10:03 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas View Post
    So Karma DID choose to keep using the prosthetic. I mean, all this uproar could have been avoided with a sample text bubble. I was in my corner thinking that the resurrection process had many flaws and that the karma leg case was foreshadowing.

Well, the matter is settled, then. Karma voluntarily choose to stay disabled, it's not some imperfection of the resurrection process.

Exactly. Now I want to see a disabled character who wants to be resurrected without the disability...like Hellion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Exactly. Now I want to see a disabled character who wants to be resurrected without the disability...like Hellion.
    We already have one in the form of Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    We already have one in the form of Charles.
    He didnt die with a disability