Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I'm more concerned about this hostility toward Cosmar, who in my opinion does not deserve all this hate. At all.
    I mean WTF? I don't get it.
    But yes the abominable mechanical leg of Karma, one of the least popular New mutants I have to say even if i hate the idea, is and always be an oddity. On the same level of the odd bullet that nearly killed Aunt May and caused OMD, bullet that defy any regular and unnatural form of healing. Because when is one their close friends Dr Strange and Reed richards will BREAK the DOORS OF HEAVEN ITSELF! But a bullet wound ohhhh too much hassle.....(at least Karma was not forced to make a pact with the Devil...because only EFfin Mephisto can remove a bullet.........)

is it wrong that my treshold for "silver lining" in marvel universe had become "at least the heroes are not making literal pact wiht devil"?

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    so is tran back? the book just sort ends with her being the exact same, metal leg and all, and tran not coming back with her, which imo would have made the scene more impactful if the two were standing together after their resurrections. rest of the book was good, just the ending that dropped the ball.
    They should had showed Tran was back. This was the entire climax and it only shows Karma being back?

then the storyline with Shadow king continues without closure. The art really make up for the poor writing

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    It was quite a good read (the Karma plot and not the other plot).

Karma was killed by Dani and resurrected but why does she still have a metal leg which is ridiculous.

There is no sight of Tran, what happened to him?

It was nice to see Cypher there for Karma but Amara should be there as well since she is in Krakoa.
    Exactly...and exactly...Her new body would have all its limbs and why wouldn't her brother be brought out with her??

Ya'll are not giving Vita and Reis any credit. The entire point of this arc was to seperate Karma from Tran. They didnt just forget about him in the very last minute. His fate will be revealed in a future issue

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    I'm more concerned about this hostility toward Cosmar, who in my opinion does not deserve all this hate. At all.
    I mean WTF? I don't get it
    She whines and complains everytime we see her. Its draining and not entertaining as a reader. I dislike the character and its well deserved
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-26-2021 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ya'll are not giving Vita and Reis any credit. The entire point of this arc was to seperate Karma from Tran. They didnt just forget about him in the very last minute. His fate will be revealed in a future issue
    I am more concerned about the depressed reality warpers..you know what happened last time to mutants when reality warpers got too depressed...MULTIPLE TIMES!!
    But the missing leg of Karma could have some deeper meaning...Like now there is a bio-mechanical tran wiht one organic leg somewhere...

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    I mean WTF? I don't get it.
    I'm with you here, but I think I know the source of the hate for Cosmar: she acts like a brat and isn't pretty enough to be forgiven. That's right folks, some of us could find her annoying and/or even selfish because of her choices and behavior if you look at them from a certain angle and with a certain lens, but in fact there's a good reason why she's acting the way she is: Cosmar is deeply traumatized and I don't even recall her getting any psychological assistance or therapy.

I mean, look at her, she's monstrous and got to live her life as such. She lost everything and as she said, she will never be able to return home, and keep in mind she's hella young. I think most people in real life would have had a mental breakdown by then, so she's actually faring (and behaving) very well up until now. That's why we have to be patient with characters such as Cosmar; they're young, confused and depressed, and she has one hell of a good reason to be. Beside, it's not like she really was that bad. She's not even a nuisance to anyone, lol.

On the other hand, I didn't find much hate against her, but I know where the few cases might come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas View Post
    I'm with you here, but I think I know the source of the hate for Cosmar: she acts like a brat and isn't pretty enough to be forgiven. That's right folks, some of us could find her annoying and/or even selfish because of her choices and behavior if you look at them from a certain angle and with a certain lens, but in fact there's a good reason why she's acting the way she is: Cosmar is deeply traumatized and I don't even recall her getting any psychological assistance or therapy.

I mean, look at her, she's monstrous and got to live her life as such. She lost everything and as she said, she will never be able to return home, and keep in mind she's hella young. I think most people in real life would have had a mental breakdown by then, so she's actually faring (and behaving) very well up until now. That's why we have to be patient with characters such as Cosmar; they're young, confused and depressed, and she has one hell of a good reason to be. Beside, it's not like she really was that bad. She's not even a nuisance to anyone, lol.

On the other hand, I didn't find much hate against her, but I know where the few cases might come from.

I totally agree, but this is the same place someone nicknamed Gabby "Honey Garbage." I don't find Cosmar bratty, she's just traumatized and doesn't want to spend her life looking like a child's drawing.

Extraordinary Member

Cosmar was introduced is a widely panned storyarc which even its defenders say went on too long, so that's the first strike against her. People on this forum despise the Brisson issues so much New Mutants was voted one of the worst books of 2020 despite the Hickman and Ayala issues being much better received. Add to that the tendency of readers or viewers to assume that characters are idiots when they don't see what is obvious to us, and some resentment that she's 'taking up' panel space that could be going to characters readers have a greater investment in.

There is hostility against Cosmar? never saw this here. She is a victim of her powers and the adults tell ther sto suck up because it is part of her mutant identity. Cosmar is damn right

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas View Post
    Wrong, sir, wrong! The people of Krakoa want and will get answers as to why wasn't her leg recovered in the resurrection process!
    Xavier "Shut up"

There's your answer.

Spectacular Member

To me the biggest let down of this issue was the fact they totally forgot to show Tran being resurrected. It felt like the past couple issues were building to that and then they fumbled on the five yard line. How hard would it have been to show a second egg in the final page. Would have shown that the separation was successful and Tran was just slower to hatch from his egg than Karma was. My first thought upon finishing the book was so where is Tran and was the process successful.

From the drawings for the Hellfire Gala I already knew Karma would still have her prosthetic leg so that didn't really surprise me much. This is not the first time that a mutant has retained prior injuries after being resurrected so didn't really bother me much. After all there must be a reason for this

I figure that the Five are creating an exact copy of the body at the time of death as they can. Perhaps it helps with the transition if you return to a body in a similar state. For Karma, she has been without her real leg for several years now. Her injury is part of her and her current life experiences. Though to you and I it might seem odd to not want your real leg back, for her she already learned learned to overcome the injury and excel. To return her leg would actually set her back as she would need to relearn how to walk and use the leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    To me the biggest let down of this issue was the fact they totally forgot to show Tran being resurrected.
    You are assuming they forgot. We dont now that Tran was actually resurrected

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    Xavier "Shut up"

There's your answer.

Dear professor X,

I am appalled by your reply, but as I do not want the x-factors knocking on my flower-home-habitat's door tomorrow at 5am, I'll let it slip this time.

Give my regards to your husband Magneto and your lovable son Cyclops.

Sincerely yours,

Pallas

Incredible Member

You are assuming they forgot. We dont now that Tran was actually resurrected
    but that is kinda the problem. the crucible was more for him than karma, but then they make a big deal of her coming back without him being there. im sure it will come back later as to why it wasnt done here but it feels like a waste to not do it now where it would have had a greater impact

Incredible Member

She whines and complains everytime we see her. Its draining and not entertaining as a reader. I dislike the character and its well deserved
    Are you really surprised by this? Fans of the brat think getting your head blown off is *-GREAT* Idea for a plot. As For the leg, well not having it would raise questions Xi'an might not be willing to answer, sine most people she knows outside the x-crowd know she lost her leg.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 05-26-2021 at 02:27 PM.