Default A creepy question....

If somene suicide out of depression on Krakoa would be resurrected anyway? What would happen to them after...would they try again? Would they got angry at being revived?

Amazing Member

There's an article stating that a mutant can wish to not be ressurected.

Article VII. -- does not wish to be resurrected,

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Resur...f_Resurrection

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    If somene suicide out of depression on Krakoa would be resurrected anyway? What would happen to them after...would they try again? Would they got angry at being revived?
    I think your question is interesting but not the direction you’re going. I assume if someone in real life committed suicide they’d be angry to be revived. They may later be happy or they may forever be angry. I see no difference in real or fictional world here. (P.s. I may be missing information about the resurrection process that makes my answer invalid here).

I think it could be very interesting if asked how would the mutant government deal with it. Would they tolerate suicide as an out, or would they force them to come back and try and frhabiitste? It has similar ethical considerations as euthanasia though not exactly.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas View Post

Ah yes there ya go. It seems one can opt not to be resurrected.

But still the ops question also asked if the resurrected mutant would be mad. I mean, I’d imagine they would be? Some may be grateful- just like in real life I’m sure some would be happy to be saved from the brink and others would be mad someone stopped them.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Ah yes there ya go. It seems one can opt not to be resurrected.

But still the ops question also asked if the resurrected mutant would be mad. I mean, I’d imagine they would be? Some may be grateful- just like in real life I’m sure some would be happy to be saved from the brink and others would be mad someone stopped them.
    Hmhm..you are right....Of course considering the power going aroudn amongst mutants being mad at someone could have much more destructive consequences.
    Still how the wish to be resurrected should be expressed? Is there an age limit? Or a state of mind necessary?

Hmhm..you are right....Of course considering the power going aroudn amongst mutants being mad at someone could have much more destructive consequences.
    Still how the wish to be resurrected should be expressed? Is there an age limit? Or a state of mind necessary?
    I assume your questions are rhetorical but we deal with this in modern society. For example states of Mind when making do not resuscitate decisions, people in their will often express this but things can override it such as extenuating circumstances, a change in state of mind, new verbal words before death, custodian rights.

Expressing dying wishes can get very messy irl legally and emotionally. I just imagine similar customs apply in krakoa.

In other words I don’t know the answers in the xmen sense.. but it seems like the mutants are capable of having their wishes honored so long as they are not of “dire importance” according to that link (aka one of the 5)

Which brings another question... how ethical is it to force people to come back to life if they are deemed vitally important?

Just thinking out loud here.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The "try again" part is intriguing. It would depend on the mental state of the resurrected mutant compared to before they died.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Short answer:

The writers don't care that much. Otherwise Icarus would still be taking a dirt nap.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I feel like Excalibur very lightly addressed this with Malice though it didn't go nearly as indepth as perhaps it could have.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas View Post

But can a dead person on Krakoa make their wishes known while they're still dead, or do they have to state their preference while they're alive?
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

BANNED

Don't they have drugs that cure depression? Or those only work on human minds.

Extraordinary Member

Xavier would make them happy.Or atleast happy enough to not do something rash.Like domino.She was very uneasy but came back great.