Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Heroes Reborn: Magneto and the Freedom Force spoilers

Spoilers

The issue starts out with Magnetos Freedom Force consisting of Sabra, Jubilee, Frenzy, Rogue and Mister One and Mister Two rescuing Emma from a porcelain prison on Muir Island. She's being guarded by an army of Fantonmex and the prison is basically the same material as his helmet.

As per the previews Magneto needs Emma to perform a psychic rescue for Charles. Xavier was murdered by the Squadran Supreme a year ago when mutants protested for equal rights. In this world the Squadran Supreme are the Avengers from the 00s.

Emma is taken back to Island M and lots of setting the scene goes on. Magneto has been hearing Xaviers voice in his head wants Emma to rescue him. Hyperion and Power Princess attack the island where they are slowed down by Magma and others.

Xaviers reminents are angry at humans and wish to cause humanity harm. There's lots of failsafe and guards that Emma and co bypass. The last hurdle is so well guarded that Emma notes it seems that Xavier wanted this never to get out. Anyway Emma and co are slowly awakened in the real world leaving just Magneto in Xaviers mind.

Rogue, Frenzy and Frost take on the Squadron Supreme and Emma is asked to shut them down before Doctor Spectrum arrives. Emma and Power Princess really don't like each other, Rogue has the powers of Super Skrull

Back to Magneto in the Xavier landscape...It's a trap. That's not Xavier its

spoilers:
    Cassandra Nova
    end of spoilers

She uses reality warping powers to BFR Hyperion and PP
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 05-26-2021 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Spoilers

BFR? What's that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    BFR? What's that mean?
    Battlefield Removal. Basically, it's a ring-out like you would see in certain fighting games like Soul Calibur only this case is on a far greater scale than simply knocking them out of an arena.

Astonishing Member

What was the point of this. Why did this happen. I still need somone to answer that

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Cassandra ruins Erikīs life once again, they really need to fight it off at some point in the main reality, Jean and Emma canīt have all the fun and she really is making this personal.

I liked parts of this but I didnīt really like the story, there was no reason for Magnetoīs team to believe Xavier could do anything to help mutants after being killed the first time and him depending on him alone is oc for Magneto.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-26-2021 at 03:31 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

As I said before in the preview thread for this comic, Marvel is likely trying to tell us that as bad as a lot of us might think the Avengers are with regards to their actions or lack thereof on the mutant situation in 616 proper, it would be so much worse for mutants if the top hero team in the (or a) Marvel Universe was fully onboard with massacring mutants to "keep them in their place."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    As I said before in the preview thread for this comic, Marvel is likely trying to tell us that as bad as a lot of us might think the Avengers are with regards to their actions or lack thereof on the mutant situation in 616 proper, it would be so much worse for mutants if the top hero team in the (or a) Marvel Universe was fully onboard with massacring mutants to "keep them in their place."
    The old it could be worse so don't complain argument an oldie but a goodie

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Agreed this "world without Avengers" looks like an intent to tell people "how bad it could be" to excuse how bad it already has been.

I actually like some Avengers stories and they donīt need these type of tales to raise their profile in the general marvel universe, especially after marvel made such a big deal of AvX being the ultimate X-men vs Avengers story.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So who were the mutants with Magma?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    The old it could be worse so don't complain argument an oldie but a goodie
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed this "world without Avengers" looks like an intent to tell people "how bad it could be" to excuse how bad it already has been.

I actually like some Avengers stories and they donīt need these type of tales to raise their profile in the general marvel universe, especially after marvel made such a big deal of AvX being the ultimate X-men vs Avengers story.
    Pretty much, yeah, but isn't that how a lot of Marvel What Ifs? go in the first place? Things are so dramatically, sometimes even apocalyptically worse in those as a way to say, "Look how bad things could be in comparison!"
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Agreed this looks like a What if the Avengers never formed and Squadron Supreme took their places?

Still given this had inspiration from AoA I expected to see something a little more complex, not in this tie in because itīs just one issue but on the whole story, you can say what you want about 90īs comics but AoA became a good story because it didnīt feel like a What if, the stakes feel real and the actions of the characters mattered.

I’m really enjoying this little event. I hope Hyperion and the squad get some redemption though because they aren’t looking too good right now.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

In fairness there’s the issue that the squadron are all automatons created by Mephisto. Odds are they fade out when he’s beaten

The only squadron character that has sufficient personhood at this point to be redeemed is Coulson, and Marvel seems to busy demonising him as an object lesson in their dissatisfaction about the MCU to do that

Think they are going to make a Cassandra Nova version of Onslaught?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    In fairness there’s the issue that the squadron are all automatons created by Mephisto. Odds are they fade out when he’s beaten

The only squadron character that has sufficient personhood at this point to be redeemed is Coulson, and Marvel seems to busy demonising him as an object lesson in their dissatisfaction about the MCU to do that
    What happened to Coulson? He's been going down this path for a bit now where he's kind of a jerk. I hope they don't shelve the Squadron, I like it when they are relevant in the MU. I will say I think they should get rid of the old Nighthawk costume and stick with JMS/Gary Frank version, it is so much cooler and fits the character so much better, hell if I'm being honest I'd prefer almost all of the JMS versions of the costumes compared to the classics.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.