Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    It would be nice if the "returning talent" for the 80th Anniversary special included PAD, but I guess DC went all-in on crapping all over his work on Orin back in the 90's.
    No PAD is under exclusive contract with Marvel, thats the reason he wasn't included.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'd personally love one of them to be a future state aquawoman book because I really liked seeing Andy's relationship with the future state flash. That being said, I am also 100% down for a book with aqualad and andy. Either way, I think I'd prefer a timeskip than to keep a aquaman book in present day with Andy as just a baby....though I guess they could do some wide time travel thing like with Jon and age Andy up that way.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'd personally love one of them to be a future state aquawoman book because I really liked seeing Andy's relationship with the future state flash. That being said, I am also 100% down for a book with aqualad and andy. Either way, I think I'd prefer a timeskip than to keep a aquaman book in present day with Andy as just a baby....though I guess they could do some wide time travel thing like with Jon and age Andy up that way.
    Andy as a baby is the darling of Aquafans.

I can only hope that one of these books ends up putting Arthur back in a shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can only hope that one of these books ends up putting Arthur back in a shirt.
    Hey Frontier Didn't you hear the news about that?

they are out of stock -

seriously I read elsewhere that its a manner not to pay royalties to the Norris heirs. As they get money if Arthur is in an orange and green suit.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 05-30-2021 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    Hey Frontier Didn't you hear the news about that?

they are out of stock -

seriously I read elsewhere that its a manner not to pay royalties to the Norris heirs. As they get money if Arthur is in an orange and green suit.
    ...I hope that isn't true...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...I hope that isn't true...
    Not saying its so but I am starting to believe it, because he looks ridiculous, read last JL issue, he is the only one shirtless, looks like a destitute person.
    Why shirtless so we can see he has tattoos? we known that. To connect to Momoa?, he looks anything but Momoa. Besides the later most iconic image in public eyes is with the classic suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    It would be nice if the "returning talent" for the 80th Anniversary special included PAD, but I guess DC went all-in on crapping all over his work on Orin back in the 90's.
    That raised my brow immediately. DF?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    That raised my brow immediately. DF?
    he is under exclusive contract with Marvel.

Okay so Bleedingcool apparently is reporting that the two mini-series are actually separate from an actual Aquaman ongoing series, with one of the mini-series maybe being a Kaldur series.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/two-...head-of-movie/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Glad to see 2 minis and an ongoing Aquaman series in the works! I'll be buying them all.
    Not real sure on the return of Arthur Jnr. though.
    Erasing that little nugget of history has some serious ramifications.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Glad to see 2 minis and an ongoing Aquaman series in the works! I'll be buying them all.
    Not real sure on the return of Arthur Jnr. though.
    Erasing that little nugget of history has some serious ramifications.
    Arthur Jnr deserves to be brought back, poor kid he is one of the few that stayed dead in comics
    Besides it would be fun to see the two Aquakids together. That historical nugget happened, but bringing him back does not mean erasing it.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 05-31-2021 at 09:14 PM.

Incredible Member

Anyone else sad in how Garth is ignored? He's not even on the cover of Aquaman 80th Anniversary but Kaldur is on the cover!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    Arthur Jnr deserves to be brought back, poor kid he is one of the few that stayed dead in comics
    Besides it would be fun to see the two Aquakids together. That historical nugget happened, but bringing him back does not mean erasing it.
    I wonder if Arthur Jr. has anything to do with that current Stargirl plot of the island of lost children?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I wonder if Arthur Jr. has anything to do with that current Stargirl plot of the island of lost children?
    Who knows, could be, anyway the killing of Arthur Jnr was a horrible thing to do, killing a toddler was when doom descended on DC.
    Its about time that its reverted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Anyone else sad in how Garth is ignored? He's not even on the cover of Aquaman 80th Anniversary but Kaldur is on the cover!
    Agreed on Garth being ignored, but to be fair the cover you are mentioning refers to the 2010 decade, in which Garth appears just in few issues through the decade. There are several variants for the issue, we don't know if garth is in one of them. Till now we have only seen 3 from 8.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 06-01-2021 at 05:13 AM.