Thread: City of bane

Spectacular Member

Default City of bane

Sadly I am alotabit behind in my Batman readings...I just finished 89 last night. I know that the City of Bane line was a major story leading up to 89 and beyond, but do I need to read it to understand what I will be getting into? Is it worth hunting down the TPB?

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Depends. Do you like Batcat? If not, my advice is don't even bother. I think majority of Bat fans hate City of Bane except BatCat fans (including me).

Extraordinary Member

I liked it. Ran a little long, though, but that didn't detract any for me. Also, King's version of their relationship is probably the first time it really appealed to me since pre-Crisis.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I don't like it because the premise hinges on some really vague power level and requirement
    After that, there are a few specific spoiler moments I don't like

Quote Originally Posted by hoopsguru View Post
    Sadly I am alotabit behind in my Batman readings...I just finished 89 last night. I know that the City of Bane line was a major story leading up to 89 and beyond, but do I need to read it to understand what I will be getting into? Is it worth hunting down the TPB?
    No. Tynion's run ignores King's. City of Bane has one major incident that impacts batman but I don't it's important enough to subject yourself to the torture that is City of bane arc.

You don't need City of Bane for this.