Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by icefour33 View Post
    This comes out after Planet Size X-Men and on the same day as S.W.O.R.D #6 so Rich punchin Mags is probably something to do with developments in the Hellfire gala probable
    Gotcha, thanks for the insight.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by icefour33 View Post
    this comes out after planet size x-men and on the same day as s.w.o.r.d #6 so rich punchin mags is probably something to do with developments in the hellfire gala probable
    "Why weren't we invited to the GALA?!"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Why he gotta punch Erik though?
    Misplaced sexual attraction? I'm guessing. They all want Xaddy!
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-27-2021 at 10:21 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think this is about the result of the Snarkwar, I guess Nova believes that was Magnetoīs plan.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Now when Magneto twists his head off there can be no complaints.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I hope Mags kicks his ass, how rude! That aside does anyone know if the Trial of Magneto will have any effect on his presence in SWORD?
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Kick his ass? Mags would need to find a new head first after Nova's punch.
    Exactly.

Writers are going to write what they’re going to write, but comparing power sets, Nova would destroy Magneto in a fight. It wouldn’t even be close.

Now, that’s not the case with all the X folk, but Mags just doesn’t have the raw power Nova wields.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Now when Magneto twists his head off there can be no complaints.
    LOL! Um... no. Rider has gone toe-to-toe with Thanos, Silver Surfer, Annihilus, and more. Magneto isn’t Phoenix, or even Vulcan.

Rich Rider has come a long ways since his own first series and New Warriors.
    Last edited by Brian B; 05-27-2021 at 11:17 AM.

Astonishing Member

I’m assuming that if this was part of trial of Magneto, Erik wouldn’t be part of a welcome party.

If it was to do with Hulkling, his husband or in-laws Billy would have come himself

Something to do with the Progenitors attacking Throneworld or Ego?

In a way its a shame that Nova and Magento are going helmet to helmet in a ....oh wait, Rich just deprived Eric of his. Seriously though looking foward to how things play out; and how Al Ewing is weaving together both Guardians and SWORD in the upcoming Last Annihilation. It'll be interesting also to see how fans of both characters/franchises comment on the proceedings ahead and maybe bring some new fans to both titles. - I may have a long standing fave in Rich but I'm also a keen follower of the X-Men over the years, more recently since Hickman's involvement in the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Exactly.

Writers are going to write what they’re going to write, but comparing power sets, Nova would destroy Magneto in a fight. It wouldn’t even be close.

Now, that’s not the case with all the X folk, but Mags just doesn’t have the raw power Nova wields.

LOL! Um... no. Rider has gone toe-to-toe with Thanos, Silver Surfer, Annihilus, and more. Magneto isn’t Phoenix, or even Vulcan.

Rich Rider has come a long ways since his own first series and New Warriors.
    I don’t know much about Nova, does he have a degree of invulnerability that would prevent Magneto from just crushing his helmet and armor along with his body?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

let's not get into power levels and "my fave is better than your fave".

This interaction is most likely due to either the assassinations, or Rider being Rider is asking mags for support against "the last annihilation"( very final crisis esq where it really wont be the final crisis) and mags may be written to be a pompous jerk who only cares if mutand- kind is doing fine.

I donīt think this will be during the trial, if heīs already on trial at this time he would be in a jail on Krakoa, not greeting Nova and his friends so I believe this happens before the Gala but after the result of the snarkwar is known.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    let's not get into power levels and "my fave is better than your fave".
    I will just said this: Magneto has defeated the X-men and the Avengers on his own, so while I am sure Nova is quite powerful Magneto can handle himself just my two cents.

This interaction is most likely due to either the assassinations, or Rider being Rider is asking mags for support against "the last annihilation"( very final crisis esq where it really wont be the final crisis) and mags may be written to be a pompous jerk who only cares if mutand- kind is doing fine.
    Sigh I really hope this isnīt the case the last anhiliation will involve the entire universe, it would be stupid of Magneto to believe that would not affect mutants and even if it doesnīt affect them directly he didnīt have any trouble fighting off universal or galactic menaces like the Beyonder so this isnīt even the first time for him.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-27-2021 at 12:22 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    let's not get into power levels and "my fave is better than your fave"....
    Too late! I went there, I drove through it, I backed it up, and I’m getting ready to do it, again. :-)

Hey, Marvel invites and wants this kind of thing. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I don’t know much about Nova, does he have a degree of invulnerability that would prevent Magneto from just crushing his helmet and armor along with his body?
    Yes — virtually unlimited power projected into him by the Xandarian Worldmind (just like it sounds like, imagine something akin to the Supreme Intelligence, only without tentacle-hair); beyond speed of light super-speed, capable of interplanetary and perhaps intergalactic space travel, without a ship or spacesuit; can reach beyond Hulk levels of strength; near invulnerability; energy absorption at cosmic levels, etc. His peers are Silver Surfer, Gladiator, and Beta Ray Bill. Basically, Nova is 110% cosmic.

It’s not an insult to the character of Magneto to say Magneto is not as powerful as Nova. That’s just how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Misplaced sexual attraction? I'm guessing. They all want Xaddy!
    Makes perfect sense to me.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Either something to do with the Gala or Eric says something stupid. Nova could easily just be "You stupid fuckers are going to drag the whole planet into your crap with your stupid space powerplays."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    It would be very funny, but also very Al Ewing, if Nova punched Magneto only to realize that he should've punched Brand in the next panel.
    Yes I could see him doing that but I doubt he will do the same to Brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I hope Mags kicks his ass, how rude! That aside does anyone know if the Trial of Magneto will have any effect on his presence in SWORD?
    Ewing said he was having a lot of fun exploring Magnetoīs character(and having characters punch him as well I guess) on his newsarama interview so I think he probably will kepp him around but not as part of the QC for a while. Maybe Storm will take his place as the Councilīs liasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "Why weren't we invited to the GALA?!"
    How rude of him and it will look worse when he sends Rich flying out of SWORD and Brand lest them fight it out in the arena.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-27-2021 at 01:36 PM.