Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Nova’s more powerful, sure. But we’ve all seen Wolverine preposterously written as beating foes he has no business fighting, like Apocalypse? Why? Because he’s got the X factor! No, I don’t mean mutant genes. I mean marketability.
    Yh pretty much same ad why batman can beat the justcs league or any charachter with prep time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Wolverine is the greatest of the X-Men, isn’t he? He’s the best there is at what he does.
    Nope I am sorry but wolverine isn't the greatest most popular yes but best and or greatest nope.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Magneto doesnīt control just metal, his power is control over electromagnetic fields so he can use a force field to push him out of the building.
    His power is over magnetism but I see what you saying. Like how are you gonna slap the omega of magnetism whilst having a metallic bucket on your head.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Erhm but when isn't an anhilation occuring? Every two to three issue line ups there is a great upheaval or untold end of times that will occur. If mags is sitting this one out I actually support it. I mean what is the use of fighting against a universal ending scenario if you are gonna go extinct anyway. Might as well enjoy the time you have left.
    We are talking about a guy who decided he could stop Hickmanīs Secret Wars by trying to destroy ultimate earth so 616 earth would be left standing and died trying, heīs stuborn that way and not the kind of character who sits around unless is neccesary, still he probably will sit this one out because of his trial but I would like to see him in action on a cosmic book where he really can use his powers in ways heīs not being able living on earth

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    His power is over magnetism but I see what you saying. Like how are you gonna slap the omega of magnetism whilst having a metallic bucket on your head.
    He manipulates the electromagnetic spectrum and it involves more than magnetism so even if Nova didnīt have his helmet it would not be hard for Magneto to send him away. The movies/ultimate just focused on the magnetism aspect of his powers but in comics his reach is bigger.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-27-2021 at 03:42 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

He manipulates the electromagnetic spectrum and it involves more than magnetism so even if Nova didnīt have his helmet it would not be hard for Magneto to send him away. The movies/ultimate just focused on the magnetism aspect of his powers but in comics his reach is bigger.
    The electromagnetic spectrum is composed of
    Gamma rays, x-rays, ultraviolet radiation, visible light, infrared radiation, and radio waves with microwaves as a subsection. Now I think he manipulated visible light to make himself appear invisible, correct me if I’m wrong, but is there any other evidence he has manipulated this other types?
    Cause if there are examples then Magneto is selling himself short with his current title
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 05-27-2021 at 04:18 PM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!”

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    The electromagnetic spectrum is composed of
    Gamma rays, x-rays, ultraviolet radiation, visible light, infrared radiation, and radio waves with microwaves as a subsection. Now I think he manipulated visible light to make himself appear invisible, correct me if I’m wrong, but is there any other evidence he has manipulated this other types?
    Cause if there are examples then Magneto is selling himself short with his current title
    You are no wrong, he used this power to get into the inhumans fortress to meet Luna, thatīs how he was able to get inside without anybody noticing.

And he used radio waves to tape the last thoughts of Genoshaīs citizens and his own before he died and was also able to look at the ghots of the Genoshans around the island while he was living there with a few survivors, I think once he also used X-rays to operate omega sentinel(Karima Shappandar) out of her progamation while Xavier healed her mind and also oppened a wormhole to get to Wanda during AD and on X-men the Last. He also can affect the electrochemical parts of the human body, being able to shut it down, that happened when he lost control of his powers after Anyaīs death.

He usually doesnīt uses those other powers in battle because they require more concentration from him and keeps them hidden unless itīs neccesary. Like when he fought Proteus and had to concentrate before manipulating the atoms of his energy to stop him. So yes in a way heīs selling himself short but thatīs also because he doesnīt use those other powers often.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-27-2021 at 04:36 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto could not go toe-to-toe with the Silver Surfer or Thanos.

Nova can.

It’s that simple.

On the other hand, Vulcan or Phoenix could mop the floor with Rich Rider. And don’t give me the guff about Magneto fighting Phoenix. She was still psychically blocked when she was going up against Mags. She blows up stars for fun, and to broil asparagus people.

Wolverine, however, has those Batman-like powers... He can do anything!... LoL!
    Last edited by Brian B; 05-27-2021 at 04:45 PM.

You are no wrong, he used this power to get into the inhumans fortress to meet Luna, thatīs how he was able to get inside without anybody noticing.

And he used radio waves to tape the last thoughts of Genoshaīs citizens and his own before he died and was also able to look at the ghots of the Genoshans around the island while he was living there with a few survivors, I think once he also used X-rays to operate omega sentinel(Karima Shappandar) out of her progamation while Xavier healed her mind and also oppened a wormhole to get to Wanda during AD and on X-men the Last. He also can affect the electrochemical parts of the human body, being able to shut it down, that happened when he lost control of his powers after Anyaīs death.

He usually doesnīt uses those other powers in battle because they require more concentration from him and keeps them hidden unless itīs neccesary. Like when he fought Proteus and had to concentrate before manipulating the atoms of his energy to stop him. So yes in a way heīs selling himself short but thatīs also because he doesnīt use those other powers often.

Well concerning Nova if Magneto wants to beat him he should try to train the other parts of his powers to be able to do it faster. Nova is to strong like he is packing the power that can not easily be confronted without a plan. Him punching Magneto, he was not serious at all with that punch.

Yes I know but Magneto is usually patient enough to know when to attack and when to stop and given heīs on a diplomatic mission, he will try to bring down Novaīs hostility with words, he did the same thing with the Avengers when they thought he had kidnapped the New Mutants(He was in fact looking for them as their teacher) and he hold himself back because he didnīt want to hurt them and took pretty big punches from Namor and Hercules so I am sure heīs fine if a little angry.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-27-2021 at 04:56 PM.

I’m wondering if the visit from the GoG has to do with brand unveiling of Mysterium. Cause that can cause a huge power imbalance in the multiverse and this is just a theory, but if the Living Tribunal senses that Earth 616 is more powerful than other universes it would try to re-establish the balance by what ever means necessary

Thatīs a good theory and you are right they may be vising for that reason but we would need to know what Mysterium is as well as Brandīs plans for it, so far it seems to involve the future or human/mutants/Solīs inhabitants and sheīs mass producing it, so far we know in this issue SWORD and GOTG will have a confrontation but mysterium will be also talked about by Doom with Magneto. We really donīt know what effect this will have on the universe or the multiverse. I would really like to see Ewing tackle the cosmic forces and how they interact with the human world in those two books.

BANNED

Hmm classic mags shielded himself against the teams, that's about it. He doesnt have the power to damage current nova, but also i dont see nova being able to pierce his shields, they're both really powerful yes, but omega level mutant most times doesnt really translate well in the cosmic scene.

I think ewing is writting this from a nova point, so it really wouldn't be about mags having tunnel vision on the matter of the assassinations, but more about nova's conflict with being human but at the same time understanding that humans( and now mutants) are self-centered and ignorant about universal affairs.

Amazing Member

Good, it's Magneto so you know he's probably up to something stupid. Knock his ass out Nova.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I’m wondering if the visit from the GoG has to do with brand unveiling of Mysterium. Cause that can cause a huge power imbalance in the multiverse and this is just a theory, but if the Living Tribunal senses that Earth 616 is more powerful than other universes it would try to re-establish the balance by what ever means necessary
    When the LT comes down to smite mutantkind for stealing something from the great white beyond, its a wrap. Like my theory is that as soon as they touched the mysterium, the cosmic entities decided to give them a chance to retrieve it before drastic measures. It would be ironic if LT ordered the phoenix to burn krakoa down.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    When the LT comes down to smite mutantkind for stealing something from the great white beyond, its a wrap. Like my theory is that as soon as they touched the mysterium, the cosmic entities decided to give them a chance to retrieve it before drastic measures. It would be ironic if LT ordered the phoenix to burn krakoa down.
    GOTG have never carried water for the Abstracts, unless a threat endangered all reality or at least a galaxy. If GOTG are in opposition to Krakoan plans, which I do NOT know to be the case at all, it would only be because the Krakoans were screwing up, somehow.

I miss the crap out of Giffen’s / Abnett’s and Lanning’s GOTG. Maybe I ought to give Ewing’s a try.
    Last edited by Brian B; 05-27-2021 at 07:23 PM.