Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I am starting to actually miss Dan Slott compared to this story. If he makes Otto whole while F ing over Peter then I am ranking Kindred as actually worse then OMD and BND and like Silk, The Other and OMD/BND this story is making me angry. That is not supposed to be the purpose of a comic book but that is what this story is doing to me.
    I think Spencer wants to make Peter whole, or at least address some of the issues with the character (such as the constant re-starts where Peter has a good thing going and ends up re-set to loser status). I think he wants to show that OMD/BND affected a lot more things than just Peter's life. I think Mephisto still turns out to be the big bad behind all this, and that Otto's memory loss ties into Mephisto's plans against Peter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    I think Spencer wants to make Peter whole, or at least address some of the issues with the character (such as the constant re-starts where Peter has a good thing going and ends up re-set to loser status). I think he wants to show that OMD/BND affected a lot more things than just Peter's life. I think Mephisto still turns out to be the big bad behind all this, and that Otto's memory loss ties into Mephisto's plans against Peter.
    If that was really his goal he could have done a “Butterfly Effect” type arc and finished the story two years ago. I am of the opinion that Marvel removed him from the book because he has taken far too long with this story:

Fantastic Member

Has it been confirmed that Spencer really IS leaving soon?

I was under the impression that it was just speculation based off solicitation interpretations.
    "Face Front... Nuff Said?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post

I was under the impression that it was just speculation based off solicitation interpretations.
    No there's no confirmation that Spencer is leaving.

And yes it is just speculation.

To be honest, the revelation that Donny Cates (the presumptive successor to Spencer) is writing Hulk after Ewing suggests that Spencer's not leaving soon rather than otherwise. Donny Cates wouldn't have accepted Hulk if there was a chance he could write ASM any time soon.

Fantastic Member

No comfirmation... but Spencer did mention in an Instagram post a while back we were in the home stretch. That doesn’t mean he’s wrapping up, could just mean the home stretch to this Kindred saga, which, I’m ready for it to end myself.

To be honest I don't think they'd be doing all this one-shot arc wrapups if they weren't trying to move quickly to some kind of conclusion.

BANNED

I personally am pretty indifferent to who comes after Spencer.

I want to see the run for however long it's going or not.

Extraordinary Member

I just really hope they don't screw with the whole Peter/Teresa sibling story. I like that Pete has a sister. Just wish she was around more...and for more than just superhero/spy stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I just really hope they don't screw with the whole Peter/Teresa sibling story. I like that Pete has a sister. Just wish she was around more...and for more than just superhero/spy stuff.
    I think they have to retcon her as not-sister, maybe cousin or something.

I don't really care about Teresa that much so I could go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post

there seems to be a huge push for it these days. Nothing going to change either way though i bet
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Agreed. I don’t want her sister status to be retconed either.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Sometimes I think ASM is not even a Spidey book. He almost doesn't appear there, and it has zero action.
    And when there's action we usually see Peter beaten up, Spencer has written the most nerfed Spider-man version imo. In fact, it's not just the power downgrade, he also seems to ignore Peter's scientist knowledge. Probably will be the run were we won't be seeing any character feats.
    About this issue, Teresa being a LMD would be an awful twist for me, loved the idea of Peter having a sister and developing an strong bond eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by vhm74 View Post
    And when there's action we usually see Peter beaten up, Spencer has written the most nerfed Spider-man version imo. In fact, it's not just the power downgrade, he also seems to ignore Peter's scientist knowledge. Probably will be the run were we won't be seeing any character feats.
    About this issue, Teresa being a LMD would be an awful twist for me, loved the idea of Peter having a sister and developing an strong bond eventually.
    Well, Spidey getting beaten up is kind of par for the course but he still generally manages to resolve the fight and win, which is the important thing.

I don't think it's as bad as the Slott era where it was always someone coming in to save him or steal the win or some kind of tech device he'd randomly concoct.

Fantastic Member

Very doubtful Otto will be brought back to his previous state, mainly because 1.) Marvel wouldn't of totally retconned him to pudgy Ock and shelve him for two years just to turn him back into Superior Otto again, and 2.) Kindred is really good at not holding up his end of the deal canonically, esp since we say way back in #26 Kindred was eyeing Otto as part of his plot. Imagine if anything he might remember his actions but the events of Sinister War brand him a villian in full again.

As much as I would like him to be in his superior form again I should say, Marvel loves their status quo too much, and this series has been nothing but full of reversals.

Would be super dope if this Ned Leeds is the real Ned Leeds Kindred plucked from hell and becomes the Hobgoblin again for Otto's Sinister Six. The seat is currently vacant with Kingsley MIA and Ulrich still dead.