Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

i know its not that relevant to the issue but wasn't symkaria taken over by doom a few months ago? seems like there still an independent nation here

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    i know its not that relevant to the issue but wasn't symkaria taken over by doom a few months ago? seems like there still an independent nation here
    I think that there is a cold war going on between the 2 in ASM.Chameleon is helping the Symkaria princess to start it.Something big enough to destroy the future.Doom sent 2099 Spidey back to inform Peter about this since he is the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Wonder who is the father for Betty child?
    Probably Ned Leeds from ASM # 15.
    RCO016_1550067987.jpg RCO017_1550067987.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Probably Ned Leeds from ASM # 15.
    RCO016_1550067987.jpg RCO017_1550067987.jpg
    if so spencer better come up with a good explanation cause that Ned was living in the streets in NY since his escape during clone conspiracy plus Betty was in Europe since the beginning of this run. what if its chameleon dress up as Ned?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    if so spencer better come up with a good explanation cause that Ned was living in the streets in NY since his escape during clone conspiracy plus Betty was in Europe since the beginning of this run. what if its chameleon dress up as Ned?
    That's a horrible thought, but not implausible, unfortunately.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    looks like fun. I'm sure there's a reason why Teresa is breaking out Chameleon. so.. is his face "real" anymore or is it that permanent white-mask? ew..

I'm rather agnostic at the latest attempt to make Chameleon a major villain. he may have been "the first" (or is that someone else now, with the retcons of Amazing Fantasy 16, 17, 18?) but other than a just sometimes interesting "diversion" story, I never saw him as a major, ultra-threatening concept. But at least they're not trying to make him an anti-hero.. are they?

Hopefully Teresa can stick around, doing.. something.. besides spyish stuff.. private eye? Does she know Ms. Jones?
    Agreed. I love the idea and concept of the character, I just haven’t seen a creative team truly tap into that potential.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's a horrible thought, but not implausible, unfortunately.
    It is a horrible thought, and one that would creep me out ( although not on the level of Sins Past or Silk as a sex based story). I just hope that it is Spencer looking for an excuse to write Betty and she had a “One Night Stand” with some guy and got knocked up.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 05-30-2021 at 05:37 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not about it's mortality, but by being raised by Betty Brant...
    Omg flat ass dead

Extraordinary Member

Just read the issue and holy moly.
    SPOILERS!!!!!!!

The possibility of Teresa parker being a LMD is a genius idea.I hope it's true and not a fake out by the chameleon.

So Ned is back, I suspect Kindred but we'll see.

Even though sable was in it for one page she stole the show.

The Jamie stuff with Chance was good as well.

Tying the Lethal Legion stuff with the catalyst is interesting as well.

The end with Kindred and Ock and addressing superior Spider-man and lost memories.

Also starting to suspect that kindred is Pre-OMD Peter with the deal with a devil line.IIRC Harry never made a deal like that.

Something else I noticed was that the recap of this issue and for the run in general give us a lot of perspective.They highlight the themes and let us know what minor things may have been important.

The neglect theme was well played.

I was hoping we get see to see Peter raging out to be more satisfying though.

And more badass spider-action in general.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 06-02-2021 at 04:16 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Just read the issue and holy moly.
    SPOILERS!!!!!!!

The possibility of Teresa parker being a LMD is a genius idea.I hope it's true and not a fake out by the chameleon.

So Ned is back, I suspect Kindred but we'll see.

Even though sable was in it for one page she stole the show.

The Jamie stuff with Chance was good as well.

Tying the Lethal Legion stuff with the catalyst is interesting as well.

The end with Kindred and Ock and addressing superior Spider-man and lost memories.

Also starting to suspect that kindred is Pre-OMD Peter with the deal with a devil line.IIRC Harry never made a deal like that.

Something else I noticed was that the recap of this issue and for the run in general give us a lot of perspective.They highlight the themes and let us know what minor things may have been important.

The neglect theme was well played.

I was hoping we get see to see Peter raging out to be more satisfying though.

And more badass spider-action in general.
    Theresa as an LMD would be a lame suck ass move. Why? 1: She offers a way to tell different Peter stories without messing up canon. 2: It would simply be another variation of the Clone Saga. 3: Peter has enough trust issues he does not need someone else to screw him over like JJJ and Boomerang did. No one should be shocked that there is a limited ( or no) amount of bad ass Spider-Man action in this comic. This has been the trademark of Spencer ( see Damsel In Distress).
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 06-02-2021 at 06:27 AM.

Incredible Member

I read it very quickly but I didn’t see any reason we should believe she’s an LMD. Isn’t the truth she’s looking for is just that she is in fact Richard and Mary’s second child? It still hasn’t been directly confirmed. Or has it? I can’t remember.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I read it very quickly but I didn’t see any reason we should believe she’s an LMD. Isn’t the truth she’s looking for is just that she is in fact Richard and Mary’s second child? It still hasn’t been directly confirmed. Or has it? I can’t remember.
    I would not put Theresa as an LMD past Spencer. This story is reminding me of Clone Saga by tricking the readers in a not so good way : As for Kindred, could you imagine If Spencer pulled something like Kindred is really not Harry but is really Peter and Spider-Man is Ben Reilly? We know he has used parts of numerous bad stories before. Long shot? Maybe and I hope and pray he Chooses not to do that.

Nice issue enjoyed reading it. Looks like we are closing up all the other storylines in time for Sinister War. I just the Ned we see this issue is either a Kindred resurrection. Or maybe Hobgoblin who is dress as Ned to inverse the callback? The stuff with Theresa is cool like seeing her wonder what the Finisher will tell her according to the wiki it said Peter kill him so we will see what's up.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

This is a good issue.

spoilers:

-- I wonder if Spencer is gonna undo the Original Ned Leeds death in ASM#289, which actually might not be a bad idea considering the original death was an inter-office botch and was never actually a story.
    -- Spencer seems to want to address and settle the issue of whether Teresa actually is Peter's sister or not, shades of Rey and Kylo Ren in THE LAST JEDI.
    -- Likewise tying Chameleon to Harry Osborn and Roboparents, makes this a Kindred story without it being a Kindred story.
    end of spoilers

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Glad to see that Otto's deal with Mephisto is being woven into the story and will hopefully have more significance than just a parallel to Peter's deal.