Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Default What do you want out of a Fantastic Four movie franchise?

I, for once just want a straightforward adaption of the team(something Fox refused to give us). No drastic changes, nothing controversial, just the concept boiled down to its basic elements. And for crying out loud get Dr. Doom right.

no children.

I'm not hung up on seeing Doom in the first film.

part of how Doom has faltered on film is that filmmakers/studio want to fast-track his origin and make it directly tied to the team. Of course in the comics, it was definitely not. Reed and Victor hadn't seen each other in years/"decades"..

iMan 42s

- A straightforward Fantastic Four movie
    - Doctor Doom to get his own movie
    - Do a Fantastic Four movie with Doom AFTER the first one and maybe the second

Just ignore Doom since he's a character who is big enough to support his own franchise and build up to him. Do not waste him on a single film.

Ideally I'd want the Spider-man formula as of late and choosing villains we haven't seen them do before. Which is pretty easy since both franchises used Doom. Perhaps do the sub-Mariner but I'd absolutely love to see a live-action Annihilus since of all things it's going to be Kang in an Ant-man movie who has basically used everyone but Ant-man villains. Leave Doom for his own stuff and then have him be the main or sub-boss of that phase of the MCU.

BTW as to the outfits I'd prefer we go the Future Foundation look since white isn't a costume used as often in Super Hero outfits barring the upcoming Moon Knights. Doom should be portrayed like they do Iron man with a practical suit and augmented with CGI. Ben Grimm can be used like the Hulk but I'd like some practical stuff with him. Like you'd use an animatronic for close ups and that'd be easier to get away with than Hulk since Ben is a rock guy. Seriously I wanna see practical FX on these guys.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I don't want a long drawn out origin's story. They can do what they did to Spider-Man, and maybe do a quick summary of their origins like they did with Wonder Woman and Black Panther. I don't mind if they change their ethnicity, but seeing the nasty response with Johnny in the last movie, they'll probably not do it.

I'd like to see them in a team movie before. I think from now on a lot of movies will include other Marvel characters, like the Black Knight in The Eternals. They might have She-Hulk or Ant-Man. Medusa and the Frightful Four should be the villains, or appear at some point in the beginning instead of jumping to Galactus or Doctor Doom. I could see Doctor Doom getting a movie. He could be Wanda and Pietro's uncle in the MCU so they stick with their motto of "it's all connected."

1. Family and friendship as the main concepts of the film.
    2. Emphasis on the love story of Reed and Sue, the canon age difference is welcome. Ben and Alicia's story should be the same.
    And why not Wingfoot as an important supporting character in the film?
    3. The background of the heroes. Give us more of their history and relationships before they became F4. Reed's relationship with his father, the origins of their friendship with Ben, the tragedy of the Storms, and Sue as Johnny's mother figure.
    4. FANTASTIC. It should be a sci-fi movie with big ideas.
    5. Keep Doctor Doom away from the first movie. There is also a lot of space in the MCU, so my choice is the Mole Man and the monsters. Lots of monsters.
    6. Epic.
    7. In general, this should be a film about F4 at its best.

They should go to space or some other dimension. FF is about exploration so there is no reason for them to get stuck on earth. Maybe they go to the negative zone and fight Annihilus or go against the Skrull empire. If they do an earthbound story make them go against Moleman or Wizard and for the love of god built up Doom properly and don't make him the villain of the first movie.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    no children.

I'm not hung up on seeing Doom in the first film.

part of how Doom has faltered on film is that filmmakers/studio want to fast-track his origin and make it directly tied to the team. Of course in the comics, it was definitely not. Reed and Victor hadn't seen each other in years/"decades"..
    Yes...origin the team and have them fight someone else maybe Mole Man and go into Subterranea...Doom can be a post credit tease.

BANNED

Sue Storm has always been one of the best female comic characters. I have had this strong opinion since I was a kid getting into comics and watching tv comic shows.

I would have loved her to be the focus on any F4 Movie but in today's time were some have a weird definition of diversity or feel they need to get ''woke'' by just race bending or gender bending characters and writing dumb girl power story lines with no substance, I just don't know anymore.

BANNED

I'd want
    -- First film gets the team right, then Doom in the sequel, eventually setting up his own sub-franchise.
    -- Reed should not be framed as a "nerd" as in the Tim Story or Trank movie. In fact, Reed should be the straight man of the group.
    -- An adaptation of "This Man This Monster"
    -- The use of the phrase "Solve Everything" and the "Everything Dies" speech from Hickman's run.
    -- A rigid focus on the Lee-Kirby and Hickman eras, and nothing else.
    -- Adaptation of "Galactus Trilogy" features just the Four and doesn't get converted into a MCU event team-up. It should be the Four's victory.

Reed as an older man with white streaks in his hair as opposed to a young 20 something.
    Thing as a CGI character that looks like he actually does in the modern comics.
    Doom as ruler of Latveria, not just a fellow scientist/business man transformed in the same cosmic radiation as the FF. Also, save him for later films, not the first villain right out the gate. Build him up the way they built up Thanos.
    Mole Man and his giant underground monsters would be a cool adversary to see in the MCU. Give us some giant kaiju to fight!
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

There first adventure would take them into the Negative Zone where they would be on the run from Annihilus and his troops led by general Blastarr. No Doom except maybe a passing mention.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I like your idea of using the Negative Zone. I want the movie to deal with FF history in some respects. So much of the MU started with Stan and Jack's Fantastic Four and I want to see the FF themselves get some credit for their exploration, etc in the MCU.

One of my thoughts has been that you have to account for the lack of Fantastic Four's presence in all this time since the dawn of the MCU. One plot could be that the FF were around during the early films Iron Man1, and Sony's Spider-Man only this is when the FF were captured and trapped by Doom in his Liddleville complex. Perhaps during an escape attempt and battle with Doom they all get trapped there, including Doom in their synthe clone "bodies".

I think Doom is such a complicated character (or at least the character as long time Marvel readers know him) that he should only be hinted at in some upcoming movie. Preferably, we may see mentions or clues about him in some of the yet to be released Marvel movies.

I'd really like to see the films start to name drop Reed especially and mention that he had been working on something for the government that had gone awry. Maybe the FF went exploring in the Microverse and have been trapped there since the beginning of the MU. Make Susan a scientist too, Ben perhaps could be an electronics expert or some skill that he could have from being in the military. Instead of a race car driver, make Johnny a pilot this time, after having served in the military also.

I really hate that in the MCU had Tony Stark coming up with a time travel. I'd rather see the beginnings of it with Doom's time platform from way back in FF#5. In the comics, Nathaniel Richards also had a parallel development of a time platform. Since we know from Books of Doom that Victor was working on time travel while cooperating with his U.S. military sponsors at Empire State University, his notes could have been out there perhaps secretly copied by U.S spies or perhaps stored away and forgotten.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-28-2021 at 12:18 PM.

Do the franchise justice.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Reed, the guy who thinks he's always understanding, open-minded and flexible, gaining elasticity. Susan, who at best occupies Reed's blindspots, at worst, he routinely ignores, gaining invisibility. Ben, who Reed thinks can be obdurate and dense at times, becoming a man of stone. And finally the kid brother, who Reed sees as the irritable, irascible hot head, becoming a human torch.

What do I want to see in a Fantastic Four franchise? A cast of characters not created to suit one man's narrative.

Susan the spy, Mata Hari-esque man-eater and international woman of leisure, paramour of despots and kings. The Femme Fatale.

Ben the broken, homeless vet and right wing conspiracy aficionado. The Forgotten Man.

Johnny the drug-addicted, social media baron. The Clickbait King.

And Reed? The beguiling leader of an End of Days cult who prophesies the coming of God. The stark, raving Presage.

What do I want to see in a Fantastic Four franchise? Something different.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Reed, the guy who thinks he's always understanding, open-minded and flexible, gaining elasticity. Susan, who at best occupies Reed's blindspots, at worst, he routinely ignores, gaining invisibility. Ben, who Reed thinks can be obdurate and dense at times, becoming a man of stone. And finally the kid brother, who Reed sees as the irritable, irascible hot head, becoming a human torch.

What do I want to see in a Fantastic Four franchise? A cast of characters not created to suit one man's narrative.

Susan the spy, Mata Hari-esque man-eater and international woman of leisure, paramour of despots and kings. The Femme Fatale.

Ben the broken, homeless vet and right wing conspiracy aficionado. The Forgotten Man.

Johnny the drug-addicted, social media baron. The Clickbait King.

And Reed? The beguiling leader of an End of Days cult who prophesies the coming of God. The stark, raving Presage.

What do I want to see in a Fantastic Four franchise? Something different.
    you are the greatest mind to tackle ff since kirby
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate