Astonishing Member

Default The Star Destroyer Arrives at Space Cruiser Yamato Earth

We just did a Star Destroyer flopping down on WWII Earth. While controversial, the Destroyer did not have a good time of it due to the consensus of the discussion.

For this one, a Star Destroyer gets lost in the dimensions and pops in over the Earth in the time of Space Cruiser Yamato.

Not being discrete, they announce that they are the Empire, all bow, be prepared to be, blah, blah.

Around the Earth comes several options for a fight:

1. The Yamato
    2. An Andromeda class ship
    3. The 3 first Andromeda class ships

For a description: https://yamato.fandom.com/wiki/Andromeda-class_ship

My opinion is that it is a tough fight against one of the Earth ships and the 3 ship fight is a stomp. Massive weapons, loads of fighters.

Thoughts?

Mighty Member

I dunno, a regular old Star Destroyer is kinda screwed in this scenario. their shields don't really have the feats to enable them to hold off dimension-warping-black-hole levels of blotting you out from the universe kinda firepower that the Yamato can dish out with the wave motion gun.

if we're talking about the Executor class dreadnought then it gets more interesting. then it's at least huge enough to take a direct hit from the Yamato's wave-motion gun and MAYBE not get completely obliterated. it'd have a LOT more fighters and even though it's primary weapons aren't much compared to the Yamato... they still have lots and LOTS of guns. it's big enough to take a licking and keep on ticking. the 100+ concussion missile launchers don't hurt either.

the fact that Yamato is only completely impervious to everything for about 30 minutes means that it would still be a pretty tough fight.

I think an Executor could probably handle 1 and 2. I don't think they'd be able to handle 3, though. three blasts from three wave-motion gun armed ships is just waay too much firepower.

BANNED

Which version of the Yamato? Because there are a few. Some of the later ones, well, did you hear about the time the Yamato sailed into a black hole's event horizon without hax armour or a Wave Motion Shield, blew up the singularity from the inside out with an overpowered Wave Motion discharge, and survived mostly intact?

Granted its hull strength is nowhere near the Arcadia's, but its raw firepower is just absurd.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    if we're talking about the Executor class dreadnought then it gets more interesting. then it's at least huge enough to take a direct hit from the Yamato's wave-motion gun and MAYBE not get completely obliterated. it'd have a LOT more fighters and even though it's primary weapons aren't much compared to the Yamato... they still have lots and LOTS of guns. it's big enough to take a licking and keep on ticking. the 100+ concussion missile launchers don't hurt either.
    I doubt that even the Executor could handle this.

Yes, that's a floating land mass, which got completely annihilated.

Astonishing Member

I have to admit I'm behind on my Yamato, thus I will now have to catch up.

Mighty Member

well, I was trying to be optimistic, LOL. besides, it DOES take time for them to fire up the wave motion gun.

for Captain Smith. the 2199 reboot is pretty good. the 2202 reboot is very much less so! honestly, I nearly gave up because I found the Comet Empire to be so painfully boring. the 2199 version of Dessler is pretty awesome, though. LOL, in every version of Star Wars Dessler (aka Deslok) is always my favorite character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    well, I was trying to be optimistic, LOL. besides, it DOES take time for them to fire up the wave motion gun.

for Captain Smith. the 2199 reboot is pretty good. the 2202 reboot is very much less so! honestly, I nearly gave up because I found the Comet Empire to be so painfully boring. the 2199 version of Dessler is pretty awesome, though. LOL, in every version of Star Wars Dessler (aka Deslok) is always my favorite character.
    Dessler is freaking AWESOME.

Also, its not just the Wave Motion Gun that the Imperials have to worry about. The later versions of the Shock Cannons were cutting ships in half, and even near grazes gouged tranches in enemy hulls. That's the same **** we see in ZOIDS when they use Charged Particle Cannons.Though I doubt that they have the same penetration power behind them as a ST ship-mounted Phaser array.

Last edited by T51R; 05-29-2021 at 05:13 PM.

BANNED

Also, if you thought the Yamato was bad enough, the Andromeda Class is its direct evolution. A small battle group of Andromedas, if used properly, is a fleet-busting force.

Yup, twin Wave Motion Shotguns. In addition to the original point fire, and wide-beam options. IIRC the Shock Cannons on the Andromeda are also stronger, and its defences are strengthened. The only thing the Yamato has on the Andromeda Class, is its crew.