Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Dragon Ball Tournament of Power and the Shrike

Got this idea from another thread on the Shrike.

Let's say that a Shrike Team of 7 Shrikes is added to the mix of teams. How far do they get? The Shrike has speed and impressive resistance to damage.

Can the top folks like Goku or Jiren deal with it?

honestly give the Shrike good odds, speedwise it's on a tier with other members such as Wally West and Gladiator, offense wise it's spikes and blades are a special kind of sharpness that essentially bypasses durability(think the explanation is that they're "frictionless") that can do stuff like perform major surgical removals of things called Cruciforms(normally considered impossible due to them spreading several hundred meters of filaments throughout the body that they can regenerate from if any bit of them are left) near instantly and without causing a fatal wound.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 05-29-2021 at 06:54 AM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

The Shrike is vastly, immensely faster than anyone here. And even Hit's time shenanigans are a joke compared to what the Shrike can pull.

OTOH, I'm leery on it putting out enough damage to mess with "significant fraction of universe buster" level dudes like Goku, Vegeta, Jiren, GoD Toppo, Kefla, etc. It can hit them with utter impunity, but it can't really hurt those guys. Can it actually move them to knock them off the platform? Maybe. It hits stupidly hard, but not "punches that mess up universes" hard. I guess that, outside of Jiren, it can simply pick up any one of the fighters and throw them off before they can react. Jiren's "Saitama-ness" makes that hard, so, the technique below would have to handle him.

I guess the best bet would be to space/time dump those that it can't KO or chuck off the platform. There are 7 Shrikes, per the OP, so even if it has to go with them (which is arguable, but immaterial here, since only one has to survive), that lets it do this 6 times, and we know that it can bring more than one person with it at a time. And per the rules, once you are off the platform, you show up in the stands as a spectator.

There is basically nothing the DB folks can do to the thing, as it's massively too fast for them to track and hit.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

If it is restricted to the arena, then aoes will disintegrate them.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    If it is restricted to the arena, then aoes will disintegrate them.
    Under Tournament of Power rules, that would get the disintegrator disqualified, if I remember correctly.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

there's also no way to start aoeing without killing their own team mates, the arena itself in the ToP is also pretty good protective cover. And never mind that the Shrikes are so ridiculously ftl the waves or beams will be barely moving to them

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    there's also no way to start aoeing without killing their own team mates, the arena itself in the ToP is also pretty good protective cover. And never mind that the Shrikes are so ridiculously ftl the waves or beams will be barely moving to them
    Wouldn't really matter if they can't leave the arena and the energy blankets it. Plus the Shrikes would have removed everyone thst couldn't resist them by the time that energy came about.
    Last edited by Cody; 05-29-2021 at 01:18 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Under Tournament of Power rules, that would get the disintegrator disqualified, if I remember correctly.
    Right. But, what can just push people out with their energy, as what Kale did in the manga during the horridly written manga version of ToP.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Time dumps would basically bypass any aoe concerns I think.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Time dumps would basically bypass any aoe concerns I think.
    Any proof that it can? For in other threads involving the Shrike and an arena that was not the case. Especially when it is sustained.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Any proof that it can? For in other threads involving the Shrike and an arena that was not the case. Especially when it is sustained.
    Yeah, because here there are seven of them. When there is only one, it's arguable that it has to go with the dumpee, and therefore it would be a ring-out. With seven, sacrifice is possible.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Yeah, because here there are seven of them. When there is only one, it's arguable that it has to go with the dumpee, and therefore it would be a ring-out. With seven, sacrifice is possible.
    Still involves them all ringing themselves out, and being able to get close enough to the one unleashing their energy while not being caught in the blast, which is the last thing they would want ro do. Especially when the beings in question have a level of output that tends to mess with the fabric of space and time(Topp messing up the very colour and substance of space the arena when he was blasting away as a GoD apprentice, Goku blowing away Hits time pocket dimension, Gogeta and Broly blasting and punching their way in and out of reality(or w/e) etc).
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Still involves them all ringing themselves out, and being able to get close enough to the one unleashing their energy while not being caught in the blast, which is the last thing they would want ro do. Especially when the beings in question have a level of output that tends to mess with the fabric of space and time(Topp messing up the very colour and substance of space the arena when he was blasting away as a GoD apprentice, Goku blowing away Hits time pocket dimension, Gogeta and Broly blasting and punching their way in and out of reality(or w/e) etc).
    None of those guys get a chance to move, think or breathe before the Shrike spends weeks by it's perspective coming up with a way to deal with them. It's that much faster than they are.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    None of those guys get a chance to move, think or breathe before the Shrike spends weeks by it's perspective coming up with a way to deal with them. It's that much faster than they are.
    Unless there is a sure fire way to do it, just going "they will think of something" isn't exactly a a doable response here. All it may as well mean is that they spend the equivalent of weeks from their perspective observing their impending doom while being powerless to stop it. Shrike has been damaged by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar less than what is going to be sent its way.

Keep in mind the Shrike lost in threads not involving an arena by virtue of aoes coming from the likes of Orion and Ion Kyle, no reason it can't apply here while in an arena that they can't leave without being dqed.
    Last edited by Cody; 05-30-2021 at 07:37 AM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Unless there is a sure fire way to do it, just going "they will think of something" isn't exactly a a doable response here. All it may as well mean is that they spend the equivalent of weeks from their perspective observing their impending doom while being powerless to stop it. Shrike has been damaged by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar less than what is going to be sent its way.

Keep in mind the Shrike lost in threads not involving an arena by virtue of aoes coming from the likes of Orion and Ion Kyle, no reason it can't apply here while in an arena that they can't leave without being dqed.
    That was in a one-on-one fight where ring out means loss. Here, they are getting 6 free ring outs, because only one has to stay alive.