Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I agree with Legion that it would be good for Krakoa mutants to do more things as a community in which everyone has a place but to be fair he was invited and he said no, so at least in his case it was not going to be a secret.

But I just love to see Dr. Nemesis ego a little hurt, heīs a fun character but sometimes itīs good to make him remember heīs not the only scientist on Krakoa.

Kurt has a habit of treating most people the same (he’s not impressed by Wolverine being Wolverine or Magneto being Magneto, Charles is one of the few he does defer to, possibly because he’s been a father figure for so long?) so he’s great for puncturing over-inflated egos, without being cruel or spiteful.about it.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Kurt has a habit of treating most people the same (he’s not impressed by Wolverine being Wolverine or Magneto being Magneto, Charles is one of the few he does defer to, possibly because he’s been a father figure for so long?) so he’s great for puncturing over-inflated egos, without being cruel or spiteful.about it.
    Agreed itīs one of the reasons I love Kurt and he really drank too much in the Gala so him taking Nemesis coffe was hilarious, I also liked to see how David and Dr Nemesis are complaining so much about the need for secrets while Kurt already knew and agreed with the operation on Mars, not that he will mention it.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-17-2021 at 03:42 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...tions-way-of-x

I have had that hangover. That, me lad, is what you get for going partying without your best friend to see you get home.
    Looking forward to reading this one. Shaping up to be just behind Hellions as my fave X-Book

So….did Nemesis say that he and Kurt just drank Wolverines liver?

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    So….did Nemesis say that he and Kurt just drank Wolverines liver?
    I have a very rude comeback line to this, but will restrain myself.
    But, yes, yes they did. That’s one hangover cure guaranteed to work.

It's so refreshing to get another perspective in the actual comics.

Everything is done with subtext, mystery and purpose. The style suits me and for me this is the best ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    It's so refreshing to get another perspective in the actual comics.

Everything is done with subtext, mystery and purpose. The style suits me and for me this is the best ongoing.
    Me too, loving this books viewpoint and all the questions being asked.

I have a very rude comeback line to this, but will restrain myself.
    But, yes, yes they did. That’s one hangover cure guaranteed to work.
    I bet you do! it was posed quite innocently but now you’ve mentioned it I’ve been given an entirely new perspective.

Incidentally my follow up question is why the hell does Nemesis have Wolverines liver? Is that part of Logan’s role on Krakoa, donate his organs for the good of science?

Me too, loving this books viewpoint and all the questions being asked.

I bet you do! it was posed quite innocently but now you’ve mentioned it I’ve been given an entirely new perspective.

Incidentally my follow up question is why the hell does Nemesis have Wolverines liver? Is that part of Logan’s role on Krakoa, donate his organs for the good of science?
    I am way too old and wicked for any pretence of innocence (not to mention forty year of slashing them).

I’m sure the good (and quite barmy) Doctor Nemesis has his ways of getting ‘volunteers’ for his experiments. Safer not to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    The more I think about it, this is Krakoa where there seems to be a running thing of open relationships so I guess it doesn’t really matter who is with who most of the time.
    One of the book's themes is how Krakoan youth is adapting to a society where old norms seemingly no longer apply, so I'd be surprised if Si picked Loa and Mercury only because they'd make a cute couple, and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he's aware of Cessily's history with Roxy. Given Loa's reaction to Mercury's gala outfit and the fact she made out with Elixir before, one could even speculate that she seems to have a thing for shiny people, so who knows, maybe they'll find a way to make it all work out.

Astonishing Member

Ah Doctor Nemesis speaks my heart about how i felt about the events of the Planet Sized one-shot.

Doesn't the whole quantum entaglement part mean he merely created something which works LIKE Wolverine's liver?

I am way too old and wicked for any pretence of innocence (not to mention forty year of slashing them).

I’m sure the good (and quite barmy) Doctor Nemesis has his ways of getting ‘volunteers’ for his experiments. Safer not to ask.
    Well he at least once threatened someone to "feed" her to his lab if she doesn't pay attention to what he says.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

There does seem to be a bit of forgetting who's in what relationship, as Si (or the artist) seems to have forgotten Cannonball was married in a previous issue

Also for the rest of you:
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 06-18-2021 at 04:17 PM.

This is my absolutely favorite X book right now. It reminds me a lot of X-Men Legacy Legion. Which I find more superior to Mike Carey’s X-Men Legacy.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Bob Q points to an excellent article on Way of X 2 as primer for Wednesday’s issue three.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/06/15/wa...ng-the-legion/

I'm trying to temper my expectations, but that doesn't really help with the excitement. Even if do somehow manage to fall asleep tonight, I'll probably be up at 5 in the morning and waiting for that comixology mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    I'm trying to temper my expectations, but that doesn't really help with the excitement. Even if do somehow manage to fall asleep tonight, I'll probably be up at 5 in the morning and waiting for that comixology mail.
    I read my digital copy at one in the morning then wait for the book to arrive in post.