Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stigmazilla

4 57.14%
  • The MunchKING

3 42.86%

Default Rumblers League Round 1: Stigmazilla v The MunchKING: THE VOTE

Link to the match.

- You have 48 hours to vote (so there's no rush, take the opportunity to read the match and its discussion).
    - Please leave a valid reason why you have voted the way you did.
    - Non-leaguers may vote, but I MUST stress that random voting sullies the integrity of the entire league. If you are going to vote once, please do so regularly across the board.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Vote Early, Vote Often, Vote MunchKING!

I voted MunchKING because "Speedblitz" was all he had over my team, and I totally did the cooler stuff.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Vote Early, Vote Often, Vote MunchKING!

I voted MunchKING because "Speedblitz" was all he had over my team, and I totally did the cooler stuff.
    Now come one Munch, we both know that's not completely true. I had the better Kaiju as well, and the mind control, to keep everyone in line. That's why I'll have to vote for Stigmazilla.

Hands down, this was the closest match of Round 1.

MunchKING has a formidable team. When he secured Sun Wukong during the Draft, well, a bead of sweat may have dripped down my brow. He also has a host of other powerful characters that come packaged with an effective combination of items. I was impressed by how he took the Basilisk (a monster I've long underestimated) and turned it into a colossal force of fright. Then there's the Xilien Mothership, which has capabilities that are arguably more impressive than the monster army it holds.

Alas, Stigmazilla has an extremely lethal combo that I'm quite envious of. First, he has Jasmine. Jasmine is the most dangerous Buffyverse character. Her mere presence commands obedience and servitude. She's also a capable sorceress, possessing magical abilities on par with Willow Rosenberg. Her Radioactive Sand mutation makes her an even more dominant force. Jasmine will bring at least a few members of Munch's team to Stigama's side while casting dangerous spells.

Lord Zedd is highly dangerous. Hiro's time powers are hard to counter. But there are two very big reasons why I'm voting for Stigmazilla: Serpenterra and Zoom. The former wields apocalyptic firepower and formidability that requires MunchKING's entire team to neutralize. But they won't get the chance to because Zoom will be blitzing the hell out of 'em.

(Calling it now, speedsters make or break your chances of victory.)

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Close match all the way with both teams having counters to each other.

But I give the nod to Stigmazillas team as Serpentera is overwhelmingly powerful and can disrupt the Monster ship from providing back up. And Professor X can get his moves off before a desperate young Magneto can stop him thanks to Old Magneto stopping him.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I actually think Munch had a chance, but Stigy edges him out just barely.

Speed can be killer man (or time stops! ) and Zoom’s a hard person to counter here.

Also, I apologize but I hit the wrong button and voted Munch. It was supposed to be for Stigma. Sorry, I sneezed while voting and didn’t pay attention to what I selected. ��
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Also, I apologize but I hit the wrong button and voted Munch. It was supposed to be for Stigma. Sorry, I sneezed while voting and didn’t pay attention to what I selected. ��
    Play it as it lies! The record will show I got at least 2 votes.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Play it as it lies! The record will show I got at least 2 votes.
    Great match Munch! I always have fun doing matches with you.

This was exceptionally close, but I gave my vote to Team Masters of Mayhem.

Jasmine is always going to be a big problem in this league, and while dimension-dumping her with robots is a great tactic, I don't think it happens here. I think the Terminator falls following the timestop (which, again, is deadly here), and I'm not sure the paintball gun tactic would even work IF it happened, given that she'd turned to sand - her component parts wouldn't all be touching each other, so it would probably only send a small segment of her to an alternate dimension.

And while she certainly won't get control of EVERYONE on Munch's team, I think she gets control of enough of them to cause absolute havoc in their ranks.

Xavier's telepathy is also quite key - he DOES have the chops to shut down multiple minds at once, and there's not much resistance here.

The biggest problem, however, is Zoom. If that move gets off (which I think it does), there are multiple Zooms running around. Speed kills in a normal situation, but multiple speedsters is a nightmare. That move puts a big spanner in the works and results in some key people being taken out - and the most important outcome of that scenario is Serpentera surviving. The way the strats are written, I don't think it can get taken out by anyone but Magneto, and I feel Magneto is toast.