Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • TheBookDragon

0 0%
  • Darth Drizzle

7 100.00%

Default Rumblers League Round 1: TheBookDragon v Darth Drizzle: THE VOTE

Link to the match.

- You have 48 hours to vote (so there's no rush, take the opportunity to read the match and its discussion).
    - Please leave a valid reason why you have voted the way you did.
    - Non-leaguers may vote, but I MUST stress that random voting sullies the integrity of the entire league. If you are going to vote once, please do so regularly across the board.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

I don't WANT to vote for Speedblitz or Time Stops, but the sheer amount of Stone Power, Reality Warping and the psychic assaults seem pretty obnoxious. BookDragon just didn't have any hard counters for most of that stuff.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I have to Agree there

TheBookDragon's strategy exceeded my expectations. With the exception of a few prominent characters (i.e., Monsterverse Godzilla), I wasn't sure how TheBookDragon was going to plead his case. But he argued well and I applaud him for his creativity.

With that said, I voted for Darth Drizzle. DD's team is comprised of prominent powerhouses in possession of exceedingly potent items. And while that's not an instant win, DD's strategy was convincing enough to net my vote. (I mean, he has Scarlet Witch, Legion, and Apocalypse on the same bloody team, and they have Infinity Stones?!).

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I don't WANT to vote for Speedblitz or Time Stops, but the sheer amount of Stone Power, Reality Warping and the psychic assaults seem pretty obnoxious. BookDragon just didn't have any hard counters for most of that stuff.
    I only use the Time Stop to upgrade my team as it's a big part of their synergy and the main reason I chose an all Mutant squad.

It was a good strat by Bookdragon but my Mutant Team brought alot to the table that the Monsters couldn't stand up to power or skill wise which wont happen a lot, but it does here.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    TheBookDragon's strategy exceeded my expectations. With the exception of a few prominent characters (i.e., Monsterverse Godzilla), I wasn't sure how TheBookDragon was going to plead his case. But he argued well and I applaud him for his creativity.

With that said, I voted for Darth Drizzle. DD's team is comprised of prominent powerhouses in possession of exceedingly potent items. And while that's not an instant win, DD's strategy was convincing enough to net my vote. (I mean, he has Scarlet Witch, Legion, and Apocalypse on the same bloody team, and they have Infinity Stones?!).
    I tend to agree, BD is a great job as their first strategy for the League.

But Darth’s strategy hammered in, and that psychic assault is a tough one to stop.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

I regretfully missed my vote here, but it would have been for Darth.

I don't love the fact we are doing actual Time stops this league (we stopped then after League 1 I believe when they got rid of things like the Universal Remote from Click. Even still Darth edges this out. I have to give Bookdragon credit though he took a very untradtional team and them crazy powerful, and made a very compelling debate to back it up.

Darth won this one for me.

The most important - and absolutely defining - factor is that Legion is barely touched. A Skullcrawler has to burrow two miles underground before he's targeted. That's one of the most powerful characters in the league, so it's suicide.

There were plenty of other reasons (I see no reason why Scarlet Witch couldn't do her gene upgrade, given everything else she's done, I think Godzilla and Kong are taken out fairly swiftly, and Legion's uncountered teleport means pretty much everything else goes to plan for Darth).