Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I think there's a lot you get out of Stargirl if you're a fan of the comics but I don't think it's completely inaccessible and I love the show to bits .

I'm asking because every time I see people reacting to the show, it's usually someone familiar with the characters and franchise already. I have yet to see someone who wasn't familiar with the characters comment about how they got in and enjoyed the show anyway. This is not to say they don't exist just that I personally haven't seen it yet.

The JSA's longevity depends on the team picking up a new generation of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm asking because every time I see people reacting to the show, it's usually someone familiar with the characters and franchise already. I have yet to see someone who wasn't familiar with the characters comment about how they got in and enjoyed the show anyway. This is not to say they don't exist just that I personally haven't seen it yet.

The JSA's longevity depends on the team picking up a new generation of fans.
    The show wouldn't be succesful if everyone watching it was already a fan of the team. The comics audience is too small compared to a TV show's, especially the audience of a property that's been neglected for so many years.
    I think it's more likely that the people you talk to already are fans because you are a comic book fan ypurself. Stargirl probably introduced the JSA to many people who didn't know them before.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The show wouldn't be succesful if everyone watching it was already a fan of the team. The comics audience is too small compared to a TV show's, especially the audience of a property that's been neglected for so many years.
    I think it's more likely that the people you talk to already are fans because you are a comic book fan ypurself. Stargirl probably introduced the JSA to many people who didn't know them before.
    Yeah, comic fans flock to comic book discussions to talk about comic book stuff .

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I wonder if she'll form things with the ring. Or just use it as an energy weapon.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I wonder if she'll form things with the ring. Or just use it as an energy weapon.
    Probably depends on the budget .

Maybe it's just me, but she never looks quite right without the bare shoulders (although some of her outfits were so wrong for other reasons)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but she never looks quite right without the bare shoulders (although some of her outfits were so wrong for other reasons)
    It's a good look for her .

I'm curious what her show costume will look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's a good look for her .

I'm curious what her show costume will look like.
    Hopefully not just a copy of her father's costume.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

from Who's Who in the DC Universe No. 3 (October 1990

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I think they might not do the internal battery thing for practical reasons. Especially if they plan to have her attend school with the other kids.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I think they might not do the internal battery thing for practical reasons. Especially if they plan to have her attend school with the other kids.
    As a left-handed human being, Jade was always one of my favorites because she was (and quite possibly still is) literally the only left handed superhero. It pisses me off when artists get her wrong and I hope her live action counterpart is also left handed!

I hope they adapt her costume well...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I really liked more the star looking symbol. The modern flower or crossed bars or strips is kinda meaningless.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I really liked more the star looking symbol. The modern flower or crossed bars or strips is kinda meaningless.
    Actually, a flower wouldn't be "meaningless" if her biological mother is still Rose Forrest (the Golden Age Thorn).