View Poll Results: Should Karma Keep Her Prosthetic Leg?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: It's a part of who she is at this point

14 29.17%
  • No: It shouldn't be burden with it in the age of Krakoa

34 70.83%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Was Jetstream of the original Hellions, resurrected without his cyborg parts?

Also are Karma’s younger siblings and Face been referred to as living on Krakoa.
    Jetstream needs those to control his powers. Otherwise he goes up in flames. Karma's leg was taken from her for gore and shock value. 2 different things
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Mighty Member

There are so many plots involving Karma that haven't been addressed yet.

1. What happened to Tran
    2. Leong and Nga should be teenagers by now with mutants powers, where are they?
    3. Karma's half-sister should be resurrected
    4. Everyone else has an upgrade to their powers (Sunspot, Cannonball) but Karma is still portrayed as a weakling, the new writer should give her an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    There are so many plots involving Karma that haven't been addressed yet.

1. What happened to Tran
    2. Leong and Nga should be teenagers by now with mutants powers, where are they?
    3. Karma's half-sister should be resurrected
    4. Everyone else has an upgrade to their powers (Sunspot, Cannonball) but Karma is still portrayed as a weakling, the new writer should give her an upgrade.
    I totally agree with all this. This new age is really not living up to its potential. I know a writer should tell the stories that want, but when important aspects of a character's history are being ignored, it doesn't sit right with some fans. Writers also seem to forget that Xian is owner and CEO of her own multi-billion dollar company. I'm glad she's with her friends, but she should be running things with the other business heavyweights like Emma, Bobby, Warren, Shaw and Monet.

Amazing Member

I liked Magik being supportive of Karma in Pride Voice.

IMG_1.jpg

[Select text to reveal spoiler] ---> I'm also glad that Karma finally got a girlfriend. She kissed a winged mutant going by the name Elle. It's nice that this comic finally put to rest the Karma x Dani train, so I can fully go back simping for Dani x Yana.
    Last edited by Pallas; 06-23-2021 at 09:44 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas View Post
    I liked Magik being supportive of Karma in Pride Voice.

IMG_1.jpg

[Select text to reveal spoiler] ---> I'm also glad that Karma finally got a girlfriend. She kissed a winged mutant going by the name Elle. It's nice that this comic finally put to rest the Karma x Dani train, so I can fully go back simping for Dani x Yana.
    I didn't see this in New Mutants #18. Where did you get the panels from?

Extraordinary Member

It's from Marvel Voices Pride.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I totally agree with all this. This new age is really not living up to its potential. I know a writer should tell the stories that want, but when important aspects of a character's history are being ignored, it doesn't sit right with some fans. Writers also seem to forget that Xian is owner and CEO of her own multi-billion dollar company. I'm glad she's with her friends, but she should be running things with the other business heavyweights like Emma, Bobby, Warren, Shaw and Monet.
    Why should she? This isn't a company she really wanted. She got it because her half-sister died. She going to keep on top of things involving it to make sure no really bad things happen with it,but she's not I suspect going to let it and things related to it consume her life.

She has in Emma, Bobby, Warren, Shaw and Monet prefect examples of what *NOT* to do.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 06-24-2021 at 08:19 AM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I really think she should have seat on the Council. And in regards to the poll question I think it depends on whether its being used to strengthen the character or is it to hold her back ? Or maybe its not a character point anymore? It might be
    good for representation, I don't know... She should be on the council.

I just bought New Mutants EC Renewal.

Xian's story was great. Cant wait to read the rest.

Also what happened to the New Mutant Appreciation thread?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I just bought New Mutants EC Renewal.

Xian's story was great. Cant wait to read the rest.

Also what happened to the New Mutant Appreciation thread?

Yes, Xian was a tough, powerful and righteous woman when Chris Claremont created her.

Now she is reduced to a weakling by later white writers while most of the other original New Mutants have power upgrades.

Incredible Member

Yes, Xian was a tough, powerful and righteous woman when Chris Claremont created her.

Now she is reduced to a weakling by later white writers while most of the other original New Mutants have power upgrades.
    Define weakling because what you'ld define as one most people wouldn't.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Define weakling because what you'ld define as one most people wouldn't.
    In recent runs, Karma had trouble taking over the mind of normal mutants or even requiring the help of Dani to distract the enemies before taking over their minds.

During Chris Claremont's time, she was able to take over the minds of other people easily single-handedly, she could even take over the mind of Magik and Sage .

She was written as a strong and righteous character who didn't like what her uncle and brother did.

Remember during CC's time, she was still a teenager, now that she is a grown adult, her powers should be even more powerful.

The only time Karma was able to shine post CC is that of Zeb Wells time when she gained telepathy and could possess more than one person at a time.

Last edited by ericng; 06-29-2021 at 05:25 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Speaking about Magik, Karma has an easier time possessing her now than she ever did under Claremont. It being really difficult for her to possess Magik was an important plot point. Nowadays she can just do it like it's nothing, no strain, and no needing an Xavier boost.

Karma should be the most powerful of the original New Mutants lineup before the likes of Magma, Magik, and Warlock joined. She was described as the most dangerous of the five and as having power potentially on par with Xavier's.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Speaking about Magik, Karma has an easier time possessing her now than she ever did under Claremont. It being really difficult for her to possess Magik was an important plot point. Nowadays she can just do it like it's nothing, no strain, and no needing an Xavier boost.

Karma should be the most powerful of the original New Mutants lineup before the likes of Magma, Magik, and Warlock joined. She was described as the most dangerous of the five and as having power potentially on par with Xavier's.
    If she were white, it would be a different story now.

The first New Mutants movie left her out for obvious reason. Roberto was played by a Spanish or Portugese ancestry from Brazil.

Dani was played by Blu Hunt whose great-grandfather is native American so she is 5% native but 95% white.
    Last edited by ericng; 06-29-2021 at 10:12 AM.

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

If she were white, it would be a different story now.

The first New Mutants movie left her out for obvious reason. Roberto was played by a Spanish or Portugese ancestry from Brazil.

Dani was played by Blu Hunt whose great-grandfather is native American so she is 5% native but 95% white.
    I dont think so. Look at magma a character from New mutants,caucasian and blonde and she is not in the movie and had less exposure than xian over the years.