Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm seriously supposed to believe that Ghost Maker is this obsessed with Bruce and he doesn't have a huge crush on him. Might as well say the quiet part out loud and make it canon

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I'm seriously supposed to believe that Ghost Maker is this obsessed with Bruce and he doesn't have a huge crush on him. Might as well say the quiet part out loud and make it canon
    I'd not be suprised if that gets revealed sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I mean given the nature of their intial childhood argument and the fact that Ghost-maker is a confirmed bi-sexual I would not be surprised at all. I'm actually imaging that him and Catwoman would have a fun interaction, a lot of fun flirty jokes at Bruce expense.

But yeah keep fun Ghost-maker who is all about showing off, matching with Bruce and trying to be cool. That's what he should be because we need more characters like him
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

By the way, Peacekeeper-01/Mahoney looks like a freaking anime villain with his entrance this issue. Tell me this is not a potential Jojo meme....for those who don't know what I'm talking about look up Jojo approaching meme

Last edited by sifighter; 06-01-2021 at 04:40 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Tynion is shipping Ghostmaker and Harley and I'm ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    By the way, Peacekeeper-01/Mahoney looks like a freaking anime villain with his entrance this issue. Tell me this is not a potential Jojo meme....for those who don't know what I'm talking about look up Jojo approaching meme

He kind of reminds me of Detroit Steel.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean given the nature of their intial childhood argument and the fact that Ghost-maker is a confirmed bi-sexual I would not be surprised at all. I'm actually imaging that him and Catwoman would have a fun interaction, a lot of fun flirty jokes at Bruce expense.

But yeah keep fun Ghost-maker who is all about showing off, matching with Bruce and trying to be cool. That's what he should be because we need more characters like him

^^Totally agree. This was my favorite part of the book.

Yes we know he's badass but this issue peeled yet another layer of GM, while making it fun.

I find the rivary with Bruce quite amusing particularly because GM has been proven to be crazy efficient/capable and doesn't actually need to compare himself to Bats.

All in all - good stuff.

(Still dislike his costume though).
    Last edited by Mr. White; 06-02-2021 at 10:44 AM.

Incredible Member

I've admittedly been rather cool on Ghostmaker today, and he's ranked towards the bottom in terms of Tynion's new characters for me. But this issue has really started endearing him to me. His cocky, arrogant, yet playful and fun rivalry with Bruce and trying to out do him.

I also like seeing the continuation of his theming- his base being called The Haunt, and his Pac-man-esque ghost AI. Then we're seeing a small rogue's gallery created and built up for him in the pages of the back-up. I'm wondering if we could see a solo- probably a mini or maxi series- spin out of Fear Itself. They've already said it's going to launch multiple series, and I'm assuming Batgirls is one of them. I could easily see them try a Ghostmaker series, though likey not an ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    I've admittedly been rather cool on Ghostmaker today, and he's ranked towards the bottom in terms of Tynion's new characters for me. But this issue has really started endearing him to me. His cocky, arrogant, yet playful and fun rivalry with Bruce and trying to out do him.

I also like seeing the continuation of his theming- his base being called The Haunt, and his Pac-man-esque ghost AI. Then we're seeing a small rogue's gallery created and built up for him in the pages of the back-up. I'm wondering if we could see a solo- probably a mini or maxi series- spin out of Fear Itself. They've already said it's going to launch multiple series, and I'm assuming Batgirls is one of them. I could easily see them try a Ghostmaker series, though likey not an ongoing.
    I’d love that. He’s a lot of fun to read.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He kind of reminds me of Detroit Steel.

So far it's an interesting story, but moving kind of slow. I would like it better if they got rid of the backups, and just gave us 30 pages of just one continuous story. Here we have GM in the main story and also in the backup , it's supposed to be a Batman book first. Since it ships once a month , I'm sure Tynion could flesh all out all characters in one long 30 page story each month. After all it's $5.00 for the book.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Tynion is still throwing a lot at the wall to see what sticks but I am here for Ghost Maker. He's quickly become a favourite of mine.

I'm really interested in seeing what happens when he gets a lung full of Scarecrow toxin.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

DC really trying to copy manga and dip into that market but I don't think they understand what makes Manga so popular. copying the looks and aesthetics of manga isn't going to automatically result in Batman selling like Demon slayer.

I'm not feeling this run.