Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Default Superman/Wonder Woman & Batman/Wonder Woman, comics that feature the pairings.

I have an article in mind to write about the two pairings, just need a list of comics that feature them over the years (pre-crisis, post-crisis, new52, rebirth, and elseworlds). Also, the article isn't about who's better for Diana. I'm going to be neutral on this topic.

Seems I should've read my title better. Or, made it more clear? It's more a historical perspective on the two pairings. The article isn't about who is better or why.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 05-30-2021 at 07:43 AM.

The J-man

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Instead of hitting fans over the head with more boring/same-y/uninspired/work-for-hire ongoings featuring the same 3 most boring characters Dc has to offer... give me fresh takes and forgotten/retired heroes and villains.

I love Clark, I love Bruce, I absolutely love Diana. But putting her on a book with Bruce and Clark would be very boring. I wish she had a book with Swamp Thing.

For Batman/WW it’s pretty much the DCAU, so any comic tie-ins to that you can find, and I think one issue of Joe Kelly JLA. There’s also Liam Sharpe’s Batman/WW mini I suppose as well.

For Superman/WW it’s Kingdom Come and New 52 JL & Superman/WW for comics.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

You forgot Gods of Gotham by Phil Jiminez and Wonder Woman Hiketeia. But again, not a fan of sticking Wonder Woman with those characters even though I love them individually

It's just an article, folks. No need to push your opinions which are already clearly expressed in other threads.

For Batman/Wonder Woman, Joe Kelly's JLA run explored the possibility of that pairing, especially in JLA #90 wherein WW goes into a simulator to view multiple possible futures of what her future with Batman is like. Obsidian Age has several moments between the two. I can't think of anything substantial between them in the DCAU tie in comics. The Justice League Beyond 2.0 comic however had WW returning from an alternate timeline in the Beyond era and in the arc we learn what she's been up to in the mean time.

For Superman/Wonder Woman, there was an Superman/Wonder Woman series by Charles Soule. Kingdom Come is the most famous Superman/Wonder Woman story (even if the primary focus isn't the pairing itself) and also look up Thy Kingdom Come (JSA #22) by Alex Ross which serves as an epilogue to KC and shows what Superman and his descendants were up to. 'For The Man Who Has Everything' shows them kissing on panel.
    Last edited by John Venus; 05-30-2021 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Instead of hitting fans over the head with more boring/same-y/uninspired/work-for-hire ongoings featuring the same 3 most boring characters Dc has to offer... give me fresh takes and forgotten/retired heroes and villains.
    This is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

I mean, the title of the thread is the guy expressing an opinion, why can't we comment? If all he wanted was comic suggestions he could've gone to the Wonder Woman forum and posted on the Superman / Wonder Woman apreciation thread or revived the Batman/ Wonder Woman apreciation thread in the WW forum. Both those threads are reserved for people that love those pairings. I don't go over there to crap on their likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I mean, the title of the thread is the guy expressing an opinion, why can't we comment? If all he wanted was comic suggestions he could've gone to the Wonder Woman forum and posted on the Superman / Wonder Woman apreciation thread or revived the Batman/ Wonder Woman apreciation thread in the WW forum. Both those threads are reserved for people that love those pairings. I don't go over there to crap on their likes.
    The thread is asking for recommendations for an article he is writing. Not whether or not you like the Trinity. Whether or not you do is an opinion one is entitled to but it is not relevant to the thread.

Then he should have written a better title. It's like me creating a thread called "Amanda Waller should be skinny" and then not expecting people to comment. request

That's what appreciation threads are for. You don't have to stand guard for him. If he doesn't want people to discuss the topic then he can tell us and I can respect that.

Anyway, I also gave him recommendations so it's not like I ignored his request.

Hold up, I think I misread his title after all. He was saying "I need them" whereas I thought he was saying "Batman and Wonder Woman need comics together". I thought it was a compound subject. It was a grammar confusion.

So in other words, since the title itself was a request I suppose you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    I have an article in mind to write about the two pairings, just need a list of comics that feature them over the years (pre-crisis, post-crisis, new52, rebirth, and elseworlds). Also, the article isn't about who's better for Diana. I'm going to be neutral on this topic..

Cmon man. We've already discussed that image. You know it's controversial and some people think it hurts the character of Diana. Aren't there better ones out there?

what? How does that hurt Diana?
    The J-man