Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I knew this was coming, kinda on the fence though. I mean Jason Aaron is very clever and has to be a huge fan, but I think he tends to try too hard. Like I'd look forward to reading a Conan writeen by Jason Aaron instead of Jason Aaron's Conan if you catch my drift.

Astonishing Member

What I want to know if Conan and the Hyborian Age back in canon and part of the Marvel universe history

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I knew this was coming, kinda on the fence though. I mean Jason Aaron is very clever and has to be a huge fan, but I think he tends to try too hard. Like I'd look forward to reading a Conan writeen by Jason Aaron instead of Jason Aaron's Conan if you catch my drift.
    Yes, if this is Conan, how I know in the Howard stories and the Busiek adaptations it have everything to be good, but if this is some tone down version I'm not interested. Thor: God of Thunder have a feels a lot like Conan, so this could be very good.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 08-24-2018 at 09:39 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    What I want to know if Conan and the Hyborian Age back in canon and part of the Marvel universe history
    Well I don't think the Hyborian Age ever wasn't, as you have two Marvel original characters in Selene and Kulan Gath from that time who appear from time to time. Conan, not so much.

Asrar (Who I think is a great artist) seems like a weird choice for a Conan book.
    We need better comics

BANNED

Will be checking this out. Conan has to be written in a certain way for it to work though... Savage Sword of Conan was always miles better than Conan the Barbarian, if you know what i mean.

Aaron seemed like the obvious choice for this. Franky, it almost felt to me like he was trying to make Thor too Conan-esque.

I'm also surprised Ribic is only doing covers, since he seems like a more natural choice for this then Asrar.

hmm....

Hopefully Christopher Priest will get due consideration for his Conan work back in the 1980s. It's a character that can be written without dealing with Marvel continuity. They can go in any number of directions-- they don't have to be slavish re-adaptations of the Howard novellas. The creatives should be free to create a "new" continuity that can hint at the old Marvel-era stuff but not be hamstrung by it either.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I've been devouring old 70s-80s issues of Conan the Barbarian by Roy Thomas lately. I like the done in one stories and how wild they can get in such a small space.

I'll give this a go for sure. I'm not sure how into a "modern Marvel Conan" I'll be, if that makes sense- but Jason Aaron seems like the obvious pick for something like this. He'll do some cool work I'm certain.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 08-24-2018 at 07:40 PM.

Excited for my favorite character of all time. I have collected Conan since a little boy. From Marvel to DC to Paper Backs, to Weird Tales; I love them all. Cannot wait to add to the collection. Many heroes in comics spoke to me and I loved them as a child, but Conan, was the one that I truly felt could have been me if I was born in another time and another reality. Thank you Marvel for not letting one of the first heroes ever die.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

Astonishing Member

Very good greative team for the new Conan stories by Marvel.
    Will be buying this comic book for sure,with this creative team i would say the stories will be quite good.
    Have not read modern Conan stories in ages,but this new comic book looks cool.

Amazing Member

The cover with Thor and Wolverine has me worried. I’m not at all hot on Conan merging with the mainstream Marvel universe outside the odd ‘what if’ hopefully they aren’t planning something drastic with his story and timeline.

Absolutely awful news. Another favorite character given to this hack. I bet the only research he does is watch the Arnold movie that got tons wrong instead of reading Robert E. Howard's novels. The art will be good though since Marvel keeps their best artist on Aaron's titles.

Aaron has read All the conan canon, so no worries.

Now if this gets him to leave Thor, too much on his plate, and he has a good ending, ill be happy as he is running out of steam on that book, and its time for a new team.

When Asrar needs a break, i suggest the Kuberts, tomas giarello, and if he is ok and wants back in the spotlight, BWS

Imagine the pressure on Aaron when/if he learns he has to write a story for BWS to bring to life...