Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    You're mixing up feats. That was a beam fired by Psykos not Tatsumaki herself.

FWIW, Tatsumaki blocked a shot from that same beam later on so her peak defensive shields are on that kind of continental kind of level. However, she has not demonstrated any psychic offensive abilities in that ballpark.
    Damnit - you are of course correct. I was extrapolating, given how she both defends at that level and how she beats on Psykos. Mea culpa. My point still stands as far as how Saitama just ignores that stuff. I loved him blowing her power off because he's, well, kinda stubborn.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Damnit - you are of course correct. I was extrapolating, given how she both defends at that level and how she beats on Psykos. Mea culpa. My point still stands as far as how Saitama just ignores that stuff. I loved him blowing her power off because he's, well, kinda stubborn.
    His "density of spirit," as it was labelled in the webcomic.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

His "density of spirit," as it was labelled in the webcomic.
    Oh I know, but my head canon is going to stay "stubbornness."

head cannon.jpg
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    We don't count PIS as credible when assessing the speed of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Superman rarely ever uses his speed due to PIS. Not because DD has superspeed.

EDIT: Blitzed by Cthulhu. That's what happens when work gets in the way
    Not PIS. As DD has ignored blitzes from Superman in the past as DD is so much more durable and stronger than Superman, that he makes up for the speed gap. Kinda like how Darkseid has no superspeed(or has that changed?)yet is also a threat to Supes due to his far superior strength and durability.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Not PIS. As DD has ignored blitzes from Superman in the past as DD is so much more durable and stronger than Superman, that he makes up for the speed gap. Kinda like how Darkseid has no superspeed(or has that changed?)yet is also a threat to Supes due to his far superior strength and durability.
    The Omega Beams are supposed to be fairly fast IIRC

If one character has speed, and explicitly does not use it, whether or not the opponent is more durable than they are strong is irrelevant. It's PIS.

As Jconsigga also notes, the Omega Beams do have feats of being fast. The Flash barely being able to outpace them among other things.

EDIT: There have been instances of Doomsday ignoring a blitz long enough to tag an opponent (still PIS), but this isn't that version of Doomsday. This is a weaker version.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    If one character has speed, and explicitly does not use it, whether or not the opponent is more durable than they are strong is irrelevant. It's PIS.

As Jconsigga also notes, the Omega Beams do have feats of being fast. The Flash barely being able to outpace them among other things.

EDIT: There have been instances of Doomsday ignoring a blitz long enough to tag an opponent (still PIS), but this isn't that version of Doomsday. This is a weaker version.
    Erm, this is Hunter prey DD, he is one of the strongest versions of DD, stronger than the most recent one who took thousands of punches from Superman to the face and only went "GAH", while the only blood on him was Supermans.

Boros isn't hitting anywhere near as hard or fast, nor does he has Supermans endurance. He isn't going to make DD feel a thing here.

Again, if the OP can actually clarify if by "to the death" they also mean "no ring outs" that be great.
    And Darkseid doesn't always need his Omega Beams to hit Superman, he too has took blitzes from Superman and kept trucking like nothing, one most notable instance is when Superman was pummeling him from earth to the Sun when he thought DS killed SG.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

And Darkseid doesn't always need his Omega Beams to hit Superman, he too has took blitzes from Superman and kept trucking like nothing, one most notable instance is when Superman was pummeling him from earth to the Sun when he thought DS killed SG.
    This would be the instance where Superman took him to the Sun, broke his arm, hit him in the face so hard he was bleeding Kirby dots and then just flew him to the Source Wall and trapped him there while he was mumbling "I am... Darkseid," correct?

He didn't take it like it was nothing, quite the opposite in fact. Superman beat the tar out of him quite comprehensively.

This would be the instance where Superman took him to the Sun, broke his arm, hit him in the face so hard he was bleeding Kirby dots and then just flew him to the Source Wall and trapped him there while he was mumbling "I am... Darkseid," correct?

He didn't take it like it was nothing, quite the opposite in fact. Superman beat the tar out of him quite comprehensively.
    Yes and no. That was immediately after the event i was talking about, in your scans Supes got buffed from the sun after having already blitzed DS up to the sun:

This is what i see happening after Boros goes max and attempts to assault DD the same way he did to Saitama:

Basically DD just walking through his attacks. Supes is radically faster and stronger than Boros, if that was all he could do against a DS that (im assuming) is weaker than the one in this thread? I don't see Boros doing any better.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Yes and no. That was immediately after the event i was talking about, in your scans Supes got buffed from the sun after having already blitzed DS up to the sun:
    That scan shows Superman pushing Darkseid into space, in a timeframe long enough that he can monologue at length about the singular beauty of the everyday. He's not blitzing him, Darkseid is just letting himself be pushed due to PIS.

This is what i see happening after Boros goes max and attempts to assault DD the same way he did to Saitama:

Basically DD just walking through his attacks. Supes is radically faster and stronger than Boros, if that was all he could do against a DS that (im assuming) is weaker than the one in this thread? I don't see Boros doing any better.
    I don't know enough about... is that OWAW Doomsday(?) to speculate on their powers. But H/P Doomsday isn't definitively the strongest or most physically powerful. He had the quickest adaptation by some way but the version of Superman he threw down with wasn't that powerful. He has stuff like adapting specific energy counters to energy beings, resisting the Omega Effect before literally everyone else started doing it and reacting on the fly to sonic attacks by sealing his aural canals and the like.

He's tough and adaptable which makes him a problem in a long brawl.

However, Doomsday isn't supernaturally heavy and Boros can just punt him offworld in the first split second of the match.

Also as it happens, based on feats, Doomsday has no real business tagging Superman at all so it's not like he could ever hit Boros if he didn't want to be touched.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

boros tosses him like a bum who doesn't pay his tap at the bar. and there is jack all DD can do to stop him.

Again, OP said its to the death. Unless the bfr kills DD, Boros is going to have to follow him.

No idea why the OP isn't clarifying here after I have asked them to twice now.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    boros tosses him like a bum who doesn't pay his tap at the bar. and there is jack all DD can do to stop him.
    That's not really going to kill DD though.

That scan shows Superman pushing Darkseid into space, in a timeframe long enough that he can monologue at length about the singular beauty of the everyday. He's not blitzing him, Darkseid is just letting himself be pushed due to PIS.

I don't know enough about... is that OWAW Doomsday(?) to speculate on their powers. But H/P Doomsday isn't definitively the strongest or most physically powerful. He had the quickest adaptation by some way but the version of Superman he threw down with wasn't that powerful. He has stuff like adapting specific energy counters to energy beings, resisting the Omega Effect before literally everyone else started doing it and reacting on the fly to sonic attacks by sealing his aural canals and the like.

He's tough and adaptable which makes him a problem in a long brawl.

However, Doomsday isn't supernaturally heavy and Boros can just punt him offworld in the first split second of the match.

Also as it happens, based on feats, Doomsday has no real business tagging Superman at all so it's not like he could ever hit Boros if he didn't want to be touched.
    He also snapped Superman's arm like a twig and had an instant healing ability.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    That's not really going to kill DD though.
    didn't see the OP.

ok. how good is his regen?