Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    didn't see the OP.

ok. how good is his regen?
    Superman got an energy sword from Motherbox and cut him from like... shoulder to hip and he start to heal up pretty quickly.

He didn't like it though, as I recall, it did slow him down.

didn't see the OP.

ok. how good is his regen?
    He really doesn't get hurt at all except when Superman used a Mother Box to create an energy sword. He used it to almost cut DD in half. DD healed almost instantly.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

That Superman, post resurrection, written by Bryne, was also the weakest version of Superman since, oh, the Golden Age, wasn't he? He needed a long run up to hit mach 10 flying and didn't really have strength feats on par with most high-end versions. Oh, and he still beat Doomsday.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Superman got an energy sword from Motherbox and cut him from like... shoulder to hip and he start to heal up pretty quickly.

He didn't like it though, as I recall, it did slow him down.
    ya think boros could decap him?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    That Superman, post resurrection, written by Bryne, was also the weakest version of Superman since, oh, the Golden Age, wasn't he? He needed a long run up to hit mach 10 flying and didn't really have strength feats on par with most high-end versions. Oh, and he still beat Doomsday.
    Eh, he was still lifting mountains into in the Bryne era and he was noted in universe as getting stronger around the point of HP. Also, Superman beat him by teaming up with Waverider to BFR Doomsday through time at the heat death of the universe... His strength didn't really enter into it.

ya think boros could decap him?
    Strictly speaking that might not work.

H/P Doomsday was noted as having no internal organs (apparently) and also no nervous system either. Decapitating him might not actually slow him down that much.

Dude was stubborn about taking damage and it actually having an impact.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Eh, he was still lifting mountains into in the Bryne era and he was noted in universe as getting stronger around the point of HP. Also, Superman beat him by teaming up with Waverider to BFR Doomsday through time at the heat death of the universe... His strength didn't really enter into it.
    Agreed.

By Hunter/Prey Doomsday, Clark was already going through the change into what we would consider Post-Crisis Superman with regards to power. It was a big thing at the time; he had fights with Lobo where Lobo said he was getting hugely stronger, he was taking hits from things he, himself, noted that used to hurt him, that kind of thing. He stopped needing to hold his breath in space, that was another example (rather, he basically never ran out of breath any more, as he used to do in the early Post-Crisis days).

Basically there was an explicit power-up (having to do with the end of the whole 'coming back to life', the Eradicator zapping him with energy, maybe some other stuff, I can't remember clearly) that started putting him a few notches up in power, and by H/P Doomsday he was right in the middle of that power-up, quite a bit stronger than the Byrne, early post-crisis stuff.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Strictly speaking that might not work.

H/P Doomsday was noted as having no internal organs (apparently) and also no nervous system either. Decapitating him might not actually slow him down that much.

Dude was stubborn about taking damage and it actually having an impact.
    then i'm at something of a loss. because of the OP, i think this might be a stalemate. boros can knock him around but can't him really kill him but DD is a slug to boros and isn't gonna touch him.

Extraordinary Member

then i'm at something of a loss. because of the OP, i think this might be a stalemate. boros can knock him around but can't him really kill him but DD is a slug to boros and isn't gonna touch him.
    Boros high end form damages him IIRC, so he might kill himself in the process of trying to kill Doomsday.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Agreed.

By Hunter/Prey Doomsday, Clark was already going through the change into what we would consider Post-Crisis Superman with regards to power. It was a big thing at the time; he had fights with Lobo where Lobo said he was getting hugely stronger, he was taking hits from things he, himself, noted that used to hurt him, that kind of thing. He stopped needing to hold his breath in space, that was another example (rather, he basically never ran out of breath any more, as he used to do in the early Post-Crisis days).

Basically there was an explicit power-up (having to do with the end of the whole 'coming back to life', the Eradicator zapping him with energy, maybe some other stuff, I can't remember clearly) that started putting him a few notches up in power, and by H/P Doomsday he was right in the middle of that power-up, quite a bit stronger than the Byrne, early post-crisis stuff.
    Exactly. At one point, Superman's powers were spiraling up so quickly he was afraid to even touch Lois Lane for fear of hurting her. After his fight with Parasite, his power was sufficiently drained so he was not too over powered, but his power was clarified in a conversation between the writer of one of the books (Man of Steel? I'd have to look...) and one of the readers at the end of the book to be right around the time he orbit punched Lobo. He was significantly more powerful and much faster (and as noted by you, not needing to breathe in space for looonnnggg periods of time after just one breath) at this time from the Byrne days.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Boros high end form damages him IIRC, so he might kill himself in the process of trying to kill Doomsday.
    that would require him to take off his armor, which i don't see him doing. unless the OP states that he starts without his armor.

and since the OP doesn't response to threads they make, i'm thinking he starts with his armor.

Extraordinary Member

that would require him to take off his armor, which i don't see him doing. unless the OP states that he starts without his armor.

and since the OP doesn't response to threads they make, i'm thinking he starts with his armor.
    Does Boros have any feats in his armor?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Does Boros have any feats in his armor?
    outside of surviving a hit from saitama, nope.

also, his meteoric bust is, by his own admition, used for when he wants to end a fight quickly. so IMO, i don't think he would need to resort to it unless DD posed too much of a threat to him.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Huh - I thought the end of that setup was where Superman was basically taunting Doomsday, saying "you can feel now, and thus you feel fear, thus you'll never be able to beat me again" or something, then they dumped him at the beginning of the universe simply because there was nothing to threaten Doomsday there, so he could live out his days peacefully. Am I confusing that with another story?

I recall in the HP trade I used to own that Supes was slow (the run-up required to reach mach 10), still needed to breathe and really didn't hit that hard, but, being entirely fair, I was not reading Superman comics at all at the time, and only read the trade much later when it was given to me.

I'm not stuck on those points and could be wrong. I just don't recall the people fighting Doomsday in that time frame being the sorts who could punt someone to the moon in 3 seconds.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Nah mate.

Superman was so at a loss on how to beat DD that they dumped him into the end of time to be torn apart by the cosmic forces of the big crunch.

Superman, even amped by a Motherbox, was completely at a loss of how to do meaningful damage to him.